Chapter 6

Rose Golden (Vkook)

They stood staring at each other for a long time, it felt like years.

Jungkook looked hesitant and confused. “Sorry, I knocked, but no one answered so I thought I could come in-”

“No, i-it’s fine, I was just leaving anyway.” Taehyung quickly wiped away his tears and tried to push past him, but Jungkook grabbed his arm and blocked the exit, preventing any chance of escape.

“What happened?” He asked seriously, closing the door.

Taehyung clenched his teeth, suddenly feeling angry. “God, would you get the hell out of my way?”

Jungkook’s grip turned tighter. “Not until you tell me what happened. You’re wet and crying, something happened; where’s Jae-eun?”

He let out a long breath and closed his eyes. “Can you just trust me? Nothing happened OK? So please stay out of it.” Even after what those girls did to him, Taehyung still couldn’t bring himself to tell Jungkook the truth. It wasn’t worth it; he didn’t want anyone to get hurt because of him.

Jungkook watched him carefully, but didn’t say anything.

“Can you tell Yuna I went home early? And don’t tell her anything OK?” He rubbed his eyes, feeling tired. “Just drive her home for me, please.”

He still didn’t say anything and Taehyung looked at him for confirmation. Jungkook eventually let go of his arm and walked ahead, opening back up the door. Taehyung didn’t follow, just watched in confusion and he glanced back. “Are you coming or not?”

“What? What are you doing?”

“Just come.”

Taehyung was hesitant to go after him but Jungkook was already walking towards the stairs. He could feel people watching them so he dipped his head as he followed, feeling really embarrassed. What the hell was he doing? They couldn’t just walk together upstairs like that without looking suspicious.

When they reached the top, Taehyung glanced around curiously, noticing the foyer was empty and there were quite a few rooms but all of the doors were closed. He froze and looked back at Jungkook who was unlocking a door, most likely the one to his bedroom.

When Jungkook opened it, he looked at Taehyung. “What?”

“Why are you bringing me to your room?”

Jungkook just smirked and pushed the door open, turning on the light. Taehyung shuffled awkwardly towards the entrance, peeking in slowly. His room was almost half the size of their entire apartment. He gave Jungkook an envious glare, it was hard not to feel jealous.

A shirt got thrown at him suddenly then and Taehyung caught it quickly. It was a big oversized white t-shirt, he looked over at him weirdly. “What am I supposed to do with this?”

Jungkook closed the door to his closet. “What the hell do you think?”

“I don’t need an extra shirt, I’m literally going home right now. I can change there.” He argued.

“It’s my fault you’re like that right?” He pressed. “They can’t target Yuna directly so they target you instead, do you think I was born yesterday or something? I don’t want you to feel like when you leave, so the least I could do is this.”

Taehyung looked back down at the shirt. “I don’t need you to feel bad for me-”

“I don’t feel bad for you, I’m just trying to help.” Jungkook cut him off quickly. “We agreed to get along right? So let’s get along.”

He contemplated taking it, just to make Jungkook feel better about himself. But then he thought about Yuna. If she saw him with his shirt, things would get too complicated. She’d want to know what had happened and she’d start worrying, which is what he didn’t want in the first place. It was enough that she was already going to be questioning him about what happened with Jae-eun, but he didn’t need this too. He had enough stress on his mind.

Taehyung walked forward and shoved the shirt back against his chest. “I said I don’t need it, but thanks for offering-”

Jungkook grabbed his arm again suddenly, catching him off guard. “I know people just like you Taehyung, people that always put others before themselves. You’ll never be happy if you keep doing like that.”

He glared at him, snatching it away. “Who the hell are you to tell me what to do huh? We may be getting along for Yuna’s sake, but you and I aren’t close alright? You don’t know anything about me, so just shut your mouth!”

Jungkook just shook his head, chuckling softly. “God, fine, whatever Taehyung; whatever.”

He could feel tears forming again, but he wouldn’t make the same mistake twice. “I-I’m going home, take care of Yuna-”

“Wait,” A towel fell on his head then and he stopped moving, Jungkook begun drying his hair carefully. “Atleast, atleast dry yourself off a bit before you go.”

Taehyung’s put his hand on the towel and looked up at him slowly, not sure what was happening. They were so close to each other, he could practically feel his body heat. Jungkook blinked, almost like he didn’t understand what he was doing either and looked down at him too.

Their eyes locked and it felt like everything was happening all at once, missing pieces were suddenly fitting back together. Taehyung felt something he’d never felt before, something he was craving so badly earlier that it literally brought tears of desperation to his eyes.

It was such a twisted and surreal moment.

Two boys who were so unlike each other, but suddenly knew right then and there that they both wanted the same thing.

Something real.

Jungkook took away the towel slowly, looking conflicted. “Sorry, I don’t know-”

“It’s OK.” Taehyung smiled to cover it up, not wanting the moment to feel awkward. He wouldn’t read to deep into what happened. “You just kind of messed up my hair.” He laughed and Jungkook stared at him quietly.

Taehyung punched him in the arm.

“Ow, what the hell was that?” He snapped, rubbing it painfully.

“Just don’t worry about it alright? Take care of Yuna and bring her home safely.” He shook out his hair and walked back towards the door, almost hesitating for a second before leaving. Jungkook’s eyes were still on him.

But he bit down on his lip and kept going.

Nothing happened.