Chapter 21

Rose Golden (Vkook)

“So how did you know I was here?” Jungkook asked him quietly.

Taehyung lay his head comfortably on his lap as they sat quietly out back, staring up at the sky. He could hear the trickle of the water from the fountain, there was a warm breeze tickling his neck, and a light but intoxicating scent hung in the air that was putting him to sleep. He’d never felt so at peace before, it felt like they were just isolated in their own happy space and everything felt beautiful.

He wanted to stay like that forever.

“I actually didn’t know,” He laughed. “I went to your house but you weren’t there so I just figured you’d be here.”

“Ha, yeah. I just feel like I can breathe and handle things better up here you know? I don’t know why. When I’m in my other place, it just, it just reminds me of too much .”

Taehyung closed his eyes when Jungkook started playing with his hair. “Why did you put those pictures in my locker?”

“Well, I knew you wanted the pictures of the sunset,” He ran his fingers softly through. “But I also just wanted to give you one last thing, to finally say how I feel. I didn’t really think we’d be back together so quickly though,”

“Guess the universe has other plans for us,” Taehyung chuckled.

“Yeah,” He whispered.

His eyes opened then and he glanced up at him. They stared at each other silently for a while, one waiting for the other to move or blink. There was an electricity between them that felt vulnerable. They’d just confessed their love for each other and now they were all alone, anything was possible. He’d been holding back for so long, Taehyung just wanted to kiss him and feel their skin together-

His phone rung loudly then.

He sat up quickly and pulled it out.

“Hello?”

“Where are you? You were supposed to drive me home,” It was Yuna’s voice.

“Oh ,” He put a hand on his face. “I’m sorry, I totally forgot. I lost track of time.”

“It’s fine, I got one of my friends to drive me. But are you OK? Yoongi and Hobi don’t even know where you are either.”

Taehyung glanced back at Jungkook who was studying him. He turned away. “I’m um, I’m actually with Jungkook right now.”

The line fell silent.

“Oh, that’s good.” Yuna spoke slowly. “Did you guys manage to talk things through?”

“Y-Yeah, I’m sorry though, it’s kind of awkward telling you this-”

“Taehyung you already know what I said. You need to stop thinking about me OK? It’s about you right now.” She said calmly.

“O-OK, thanks.”

“Spend as long as you want with him, you two deserve it.”

He smiled. “OK, I’ll see you soon. Make sure you’re safe and lock the door so no one tries to come in.”

“OK, I’ll see you.”

“Bye.”

Taehyung hung up the phone slowly.

“Yuna,” Jungkook spoke up. “Yuna is OK with us being together?”

He nodded.

“She seems like a really amazing sister. I can’t even express how bad I feel for doing what I did to her. Usually I don’t feel regretful, but she deserves so much better. I think I really need to give her a better apology,” He whispered. “Is she still mad at me?”

“No,” Taehyung lay down again. “More conflicted, but I think she’s still just trying to get used to the fact that we’re together. She’s strong though, I know she’ll be able to do it. To be honest, I couldn’t be more grateful for how accepting she is.”

Jungkook traced his fingers up and down Taehyung’s arm, making him shiver. “Yeah. Come to think of it though, have I ever really asked you to be my boyfriend yet?”

His heart stopped. “Ah, no, but I haven’t really either so-”

“Do you want to be my boyfriend Taehyung?”

He looked up at him again and he was giving that smile that always made his heart explode. “Y-Yeah. Um, do you want to be my boyfriend Jungkook?”

His face turned red then and he looked away, scratching the back of his neck nervously. “Um, sure.”

Taehyung grinned and tickled his chin playfully. “You’re so cute.”

He smiled and took his hand suddenly, moving himself closer. Jungkook kissed him, but this time it felt different, more desperate and urgent. Taehyung sat up slowly and kissed him harder, clasping onto his shirt. He wanted to feel the skin underneath, but his hands wouldn’t let him, he just savoured the taste of his sweet lips.

Something wet fell on his skin then and he ignored it, but the sunlight slowly started to disappear. He pulled away and glanced up at the sky as soon as the heavy rain started to fall.

“Where’d this even come from?” Jungkook laughed and took his hand. They ran inside quickly, but their clothes were drenched by the time they got in. Taehyung looked outside of the patio door and watched the rain fall quietly, thinking it sounded nice.

Jungkook shook out his wet hair. “Do you want another shirt? You might get a cold if you stay in those clothes.”

“Yeah, OK,” He spoke softly. Jungkook took his hand again and led him upstairs. The house was so still, quiet, and dark. Everything felt hollow except for the loud patter of rain on the roof.

Taehyung shivered slightly as they walked into a room and Jungkook rummaged through the closet to find a sweater. He was having such a deja-vu moment, from when he’d first gone into his room at the other house and Jungkook was giving him a t-shirt. But Taehyung had refused that time. Except now when he handed it over, he took it without argument.

“You can change in the washroom if you want,” Jungkook said carefully, pulling out another shirt for himself.

“I-It’s OK,” He was comfortable with Jungkook, he was just nervous. But he really had no reason to be, it was just because this was all so new to him.

Taehyung pulled off his shirt slowly and Jungkook glanced over. He looked at him. “W-What?” 

“N-Nothing, sorry,” He looked away quickly and took off his. Taehyung watched him quietly, he would have never guessed how beautiful his body was underneath all of those clothes. He couldn’t take his eyes away.

Jungkook looked nervously at him again. “What?”

“Nothing.” He smiled.

“What? Why are you laughing?”

He giggled and shook his head.

Jungkook creeped up slowly and gave an evil smile. “Tell me.”

Taehyung shook his head, still smiling.

He laughed uncontrollably when Jungkook started tickling him hard. “C’mon, tell me,”

“N-No,” Taehyung breathed.

Jungkook stopped tickling him slowly but kept his hands on his waist. Taehyung could feel his skin tingling underneath his fingertips. Jungkook gave him a careful look and then kissed him, the same desperation and urgency from before. They’d been resisting each other for so long, but now there was no space or clothing, it was hard to pull away.

The kiss became deeper and faster quickly, Taehyung trembled when he felt Jungkook’s lips on his neck. They were pressed tightly against each other, their bodies becoming one. Jungkook huffed as they stumbled back towards the bed, he kissed Taehyung’s lips hard when he lay him down abruptly. Taehyung wrapped his legs around his back and hugged him as they kissed sloppily. It was hot between them, but it felt good.

Jungkook trailed kisses down his chest until he got towards his navel and stopped. Taehyung was breathing heavily and he looked down at him. He could tell by his eyes that he was asking for permission, Taehyung nodded slowly.

He bit his lip as Jungkook removed his pants carefully, not really sure what to expect. He felt embarrassed that he was so exposed, because he didn’t know if Jungkook even liked what he saw. But Taehyung arched his back when he felt his lips around him, it was so much better than he’d thought.

“Mm,” Taehyung clasped onto the sheets of the bed as he kissed deeper and started rubbing. He closed his eyes, there were so many things running through his head. Jungkook’s lips felt so good, he couldn’t think properly. The feeling was overwhelming, intoxicating, and addicting all at once. It overflowed and Taehyung gasped as the intense sensation overtook his body, he trembled as it shook through.

Taehyung huffed loudly as Jungkook moved back up and held him closely, he could feel everything. It felt raw but surreal. Jungkook took off his pants slowly and their damp bodies intertwined. They made love tentatively, both careful not to hurt the other but wanting to submerge in the deep feeling of pleasure.

Jungkook against him gently and Taehyung clenched his teeth, he couldn’t breathe. Jungkook held him tightly and put his face in the crook of his neck, he was holding his breath too. It was like they were healing each other with their bodies, every move felt like a new repair to their broken hearts.

Their bodies released and everything collapsed perfectly together. Jungkook breathed, placing his cheek on Taehyung’s chest. He embraced the heat radiating off of his skin and Taehyung tilted his head up towards the ceiling, trying to control his breathing.

Soft pants filled the space in the room.

Jungkook pulled himself up again and kissed him lightly on the forehead. They hugged each other close, the calm after the storm settling in on them. Pale sunlight streamed suddenly through the blinds of the window and basked over their bare bodies.

The warmth calmed Taehyung down even further and he smiled.

Jungkook smiled too.

“No more hiding OK?” He whispered then. “I trust you.”

“I trust you too.” Taehyung whispered.

He wished he could savour that moment and feeling forever, everything felt so tranquil, warm, and serene. Never once did he think his light and happiness would come from Jungkook-

A hard knock suddenly rippled through the home. It was a loud, abrupt pounding, and whoever was on the other side of it was clearly furious. Jungkook sat up quickly.

“Open this ing door right now before I kick it down you son of a !” The voice was muffled and faint, but it sounded violent.

Taehyung sat up slowly too. “Is that-”

Jungkook took in a shaky breath.

“Haneul.”