7th story

Story of a Boy

 

Right after graduation, Dara and I hit the road in her yellow beetle. We were winging it with our plans but we love the idea of a beach.

 

I was the driver while she was the assigned navigator/ entertainer/ food provider.  But she was poor at directions, so I became driver/ navigator instead.

 

We had fun singing out loud and I even did a little rapping. She had a nice voice, by the way. But it sure was interesting with some of her song choices for the trip.

 

 

I shouldn't love you but I want to, I just can't turn away 
I shouldn't see you but I can't move, I can't look away 

It's getting hard to be around you. 

There's so much I can't say.

Do you want me to hide the feelings 
And look the other way? 

And I don't know how to be fine, when I'm not 
Cause I don't know how to make a feeling stop 

Just so you know 

This feeling is taking control of me 
and I can't help it 
I won't sit around 
I can't let him win now 
I thought you should know 
I tried my best to let go, of you 
But I don't want to 
I just gotta say it all before I go 
just so you know 

 

                                                - Just So You Know, Jesse Mccartney

 

I don't think that passenger seat
Has ever looked this good to me
He tells me about his night 
I count the colors in his eyes

He'll never fall in love he swears,

As he runs his fingers through his hair
I'm laughing 'cause I hope he's wrong
And I don't think it ever crossed his mind
He tells a joke, I fake a smile
That I know all his favorite songs

 

Yes I could tell you
His favorite color's green
He loves to argue
Oh, and it kills me
His sister's beautiful
He has his father's eyes
And if you ask me if I love him.
I'd lie

 

He looks around the room
Innocently overlooks the truth
Shouldn't a light go on
Doesn't he know that I've had him memorized for so long

He sees everything in black and white
Never let nobody see him cry
I don't let nobody see me 
wishing he was mine

 

                                                               -I’d Lie, Taylor Swift

 

 

She got us hotdogs for lunch. It was a messy business with her feeding me as the mustard and ketchup spilled on her hand holding my food.

 

It was so tempting, I was surprised myself when I her hand.

 

She jolted in her seat from the surprise and I chuckled seeing her reaction. Maybe she wasn’t as immune to me as I thought.

 

She turned away from me looking out the window, pouting her cute lips.

 

“Hey, are you mad? I’m sorry for teasing. I promise not to do it again ok?” I said. I didn’t want to anger her.

 

I stiffened when she leaned over my side and the corner of my mouth.

 

What the?! What was that all about? I probably had shock written over my face when I turned to look at her.

 

“Now, we’re even.” she said as she stuck out her pink wicked tongue at me before laughing at my expense.

 

“Aisht!” I said in frustration at the thought of being played by her.

 

“Are you mad? You were first to slobber me with your saliva. It’s only right I get back at you” she said.

 

“But why my face? Am I that handsome?” I said just to tease hear.

 

“Such cockiness. You’re the one with hand . I only the mustard and ketchup which happened to be on your face. Where else will I you?” she said indignantly.

 

Oh! Is this a rhetorical question? I thought as I looked at her with raised eyebrows.

 

“I take that back. I’m not interested in any of your body parts whether smeared with ketchup, mustard, even chocololate for all I care.”

 

She must have realized her mistake so I just laughed at her.

 

“Relax, I was just goading you. I’m not insinuating anything. I just wanted to see you worked up. And FYI that was the best I have ever received” I said and couldn’t help but smirk.

 

Just then she blushed and started to hit me with her small fists.

 

“Ouch! Aah! Ow! I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I was just kidding!” I said as her blows landed on me.

 

She eventually stopped hitting me and just stared outside, avoiding looking at me.

 

“Don’t be mad. Are you jealous? I haven’t been before by anyone, just so you know. And if I offended you, I’m sorry. I was just teasing okay?” I said.

 

She turned to look at me with that severe look of hers and told me off in very measured words.

 

“No more teasing Ji. I’m not like the other girls who you could just flirt with. I’m your bestfriend for crying out loud. I’m not someone you could play games with. Find another girl to toy with if that’s what you want.”

 

“I’m sorry for being insensitive. But I understand what you mean. I don’t want another girl. I want to spend my summer with you. From here on we’ll just have fun okay?” I said, meaning what I said.

 

I held out my pinky to her.

 

“Promise?” she asked.

 

“Promise.”  

 

She interlocked her pinky with mine, sealing the deal on a hopeful summer.

 

 

 

 

She'd never tell you, 
but she can play guitar (yeah she could, she even had lessons)
I think she can see through 
everything but my heart
First thought when I wake up 
is "My God, she's beautiful"
even without make-up (so true)
must be a miracle

Yes I could tell you
Her favorite color's pink
She loves to argue
Oh, and it kills me
Her brother's beautiful (weird because Sanghyun almost looks like her)
She has her mother's eyes
When I was asked if I love her....
I lied

 

 

 

Taylor Swift is giving me a last song syndrome.