Dinner Aftermath

Only A Fan

Previous Chapter:

“Hey. I said it was okay. Don’t act all dejected on me now; you’re going to make me feel guilty!” He joked before releasing your hands and pulling your chair out for you.

“Now, princess, should we get back to dinner?” Kris winked, and you fell back, managing to sit down.

Chapter 9:

“Here’s your dessert!” A waitress exclaimed, gliding towards your table with 15 servings of cake. She approached the left side of the table, starting with EXO and working her way to where you were sitting, with Se7en and Yoseob. You figured she would do that. She was like any ordinary female: head over heels over EXO. You could easily see it in her eyes, the fan-girling instinct. You would know. Fangirls had their own 6th sense.

You shifted uncomfortably in your chair as the waitress approached and leaned over in between Dongwook oppa and Yoseob oppa to put down their plates of double chocolate chip cake. Jesus, the waitresses should really back off and keep to their own personal space. What do their managers teach them: to flirt openly with another woman’s man? You looked at her in disgust.

You better keep to yourself and stop invading my oppas' personal bubbles before I pop yours. You thought threateningly, not realizing you were visibly glaring daggers at the poor woman.

You watched as Yoseob nonchalantly leaned in to take his first bite of cake, cutting short the one foot distance into 5 inches between his face and the waitress'.

Something boiled within your veins and you were getting angry with no apparent reason. Yoseob was cutely eating his cake with the waitress still leaning in asking if it was satisfactory. The waitress was going too far.

Oh my god. Did I just say, ‘flirt openly with another woman’s man!?!?!? Oh my god. No, I just didn’t. I did NOT go there. Yoseob’s not mine. What am I talking about?! Wake up, ~~~~~~!

Dongwook caught your disappointed gaze and instinctively reverted his gaze to what you were glaring at.

 

~*~

 

Dongwook's P.O.V.


Yoseob? He thought to himself, disappointed. He couldn’t deny the fact that he felt upset and put down by the way she looked at Yoseob, but he understood. He's dealt with his unrequited love for her for about 10 years, and if he said he wouldn’t be able to bear it anymore, he would be kidding with himself. He was Dongwook. What couldn’t he deal with? At least...that’s what everyone says.

 

~*~

 

Yoseob P.O.V.


He looked up from the cake, glad that the waitress had gone and you had stopped staring at him. He noticed you kept on glancing but feigned disinterest. He didn’t know why you were staring at him, but something about you made him uncomfortable. He felt a flicker of recognition every time he looked at your face. It was driving him crazy, and he had decided to try focusing on eating his cake rather than casually stealing glances at your face. He sighed, hoping he could finish dinner quickly and avoid thinking about you. Every minute was torturing.

 

~*~


"Man, that dinner was awesome!" Chanyeol exclaimed, showing off his eye smile. He stretched his arms out and took a deep breath of the fresh air outside.

"Not as awesome as me," Baekhyun grinned, following Chanyeol's motions. He twirled around to give it an extra twist and he let his hair swish in front of his eyes. He flung his hair back, and gave Chanyeol a playful wink.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and walked further away from Baekhyun.

“YAH! Where are you going?!?! Let’s go together!!!!” Baekhyun shouted after Chanyeol, running up ahead to meet with him.

Soon after the two besties walked off to the car, the rest of the party filed out of the restaurant, contented and patting their stomachs.  

You skipped down the stairs along with them, feeling extremely full but happy to finish the group dinner. It was a bit uncomfortable hanging out with a huge group of handsome boys for a long period of time, even though most girls would kill to do so. You’d hate to admit it yourself but you felt like you didn’t belong there.

There was a humongous group of fangirls outside the restaurant window while you were eating and you clearly saw the sparkles in their eyes as they looked at each of the guys you were eating with at your table. You recognized that because you had that in yourself as well, and you understood completely what it felt like when your favorite biases were eating with another girl, and unfortunately, it wasn’t you. It made you feel so much worse at the dinner table, knowing that a huge number of girls were hating you that exact moment and the next day, a whole population of girls would be joining that group when pictures would be uploaded online.

"Hey, ~~~~~, wait up!" Someone called from behind.

You turned around to see Dongwook running to catch up with you. You decided to a bit, laughing at his eagerness to catch up with you, and purposely walked faster, pretending to try to catch up to Kris. However, Dongwook caught up fairly quickly and surprised you by back hugging you right in front of everyone.

“Caught you!” He whispered into your ear, smirking. You could feel his breath still lingering on your neck as he moved his head to your other shoulder.

"Yah!" You gasped, too shocked to struggle out of his grip immediately. "What are you doing?!"

"You never said I couldn't do this to you in the public.” He smiled. “Why are you do surprised? I used to do this to you all the time~" He tightened his grip on your waist and secretly winked at you.

You tried to hide your blush the best you could and managed to pry from his capture as you felt Yoseob glancing at you both from the side.

"D-don't do that in public a-anymore! I'm n-not 13 like before when you used to do that to me, oppa!" You managed to stutter, avoiding eye contact with him.

You couldn't bear to do this close skinship with Dongwook in front of Yoseob and you didn't know why. You thought long and hard, zoning out of everyone's conversations. Why did doing everything in front of Yoseob seem wrong and uncomfortable? Why did waitresses flirting with Yoseob make you so angry and want to give the waitress a piece of your mind?

Maybe you had to tell Yoseob who you really were. Maybe it was the fact that you had a secret and you were holding it from Yoseob, and it made you feel guilty and like you committed a crime towards him. You thought about it as EXO and the others said their farewells to each other, and you gave them a half-hearted farewell, hoping you didn’t sound too impolite. You missed Kris’ hand signal to call him, and later found out when Luhan nudged you and smiled, saying you were lucky his duizhang took a liking in you and wanted to get to know you better as close friends.

You got into the car with Dongwook opening the car door for you as always. You forgot to give him a thank you since you were preoccupied with other thoughts, and Dongwook looked at you weirdly before closing the car door and entering the driver’s seat. Yoseob climbed into the passenger’s seat and looked stiff, as if something was bothering him as well. Dongwook shrugged it off and looked into the rearview mirror, pulling out of the parking space and entering the highway to head home.

Your dreaded moment of the night was nearing. You had to tell Yoseob who you were, and you decided on tonight. There would be no excuses to make for yourself to not tell Yoseob, and you knew exactly what to do.

You would start by texting him with your phone number. The number of the fan girl he knew...the one that rejected his offer to dinner. You would wait for Yoseob to leave first before sneaking out alone while Se7en was asleep. It was all planned out in your head, and you let out a shaky breath as Dongwook pulled into the parking lot. You had finally arrived at the chicken house where it would all start, and it was already 11:00PM. A perfect time to set up a meeting with Yoseob and not be caught by Dongwook oppa.  

You would have to start soon. You smiled to yourself as Dongwook opened the car door for you and helped you out of the car. You leaped up the steps of the chicken restaurant before anyone could stop you and ask you about your weird behavior, and rushed inside. Pulling out your phone from your back pocket, you opened up a new text message.

To Yang Yoseob”, you typed in. You looked around you and observed your surroundings just in case someone was watching you. Employees were closing up for the night and chairs were being stacked onto the tables in the restaurant area, while in Se7en’s living quarters, it was quiet and peaceful.

Dongwook had wished you good night 5 minutes ago and went off to get ready for bed so you knew the coast was clear as far as dealing with him. Yoseob had lingered around you for a while, pretending not to stare at you but evidently doing so. He then had wandered off after trying to figure out who you were texting for 10 minutes and you smiled. Creeping into Se7en’s room, you quietly settled into bed. It was time to take action.

Yoseob oppa, long time no talk. Sorry I had to bail out on the dinner you offered me, and I know you said you didn’t want to keep in contact with me. I couldn’t stop thinking about you after I rejected your offer and I was wondering if you could give me a call or text me back with a place to meet up tonight if you have time? I understand if you don’t want to reply. Thanks for reading this.

You reread over the text you just composed and were utterly speechless at your own amazing writing skills. You sent it off right away with a click of the button, and leaned back into the plush comfyness of your pillow.

All you had to do now, was wait for a reply.

 

~*~

A/N:

 

Hello, it’s Kpopchicken! Happy New Yearr~!! It’s officially 2013! I wish all of you a happy and healthy new year and a great start to another year of your life whether it be school, work, family, and anything in between. I’m sorry for the less frequent updates, but high school has been a blur for the past few months and work has been piling up endlessly. Nevertheless, I will continue to persevere on in giving you guys updates as often as I can. Check in with my other stories as well, since I update my stories in order ;) Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I wonder what Yoseob’s reaction will be when he finds out who you really are? Stay tuned to find out. AND YES, I DID THROW A BAEKYEOL MOMENT IN THERE.

I JUST HAD TO. XD

 

P.S. Thanks to all the readers who commented, viewed, subscribed, or upvoted this story! <3 If you would like to additionally give feedback or just strike a conversation with me about my fanfictions, feel free to leave me a message on www.kpopchickenaff.chatango.com. You may also follow me on tumblr at 1004myangel.tumblr.com. Thanks!

Love,

Author ^^

 



Question: What's your favorite dessert?