Can't Let You Go

Only A Fan

Previous Chapter:

While Jay was inside the cafe mourning in her own embarrassment and Yoseob drowning in his fits of laughter, little did anyone know that Jay's phone was buzzing nonstop in the car, the person calling her frantic enough to keep on calling despite the fact that no one picked up. Little did anyone know that this person was about to die of worry and wouldn't be able to go back to sleep until he saw her again? If anyone bothered to look at the caller ID, even one person, they wouldn't be surprised to see who it was.

 

[Caller: Se7en Oppa.]

 

Chapter 11:

“Honey, remember to call often! Don’t forget about me!” Mom scolded, laughing as she pulled you into a hug.

 

“Eyyy, I’ve never done that before, umma. I’m a good daughter!” You joked around with her, but with sincerity. “I’ll call you whenever I find time, okay?”

 

You pulled away from the hug and smiled at her. She smiled back. Turning around, she looked at Yoseob oppa.

 

“Take good care of her, Yoseob.” She said aloud so you could hear clearly. She then dropped her voice to a whisper. “She’s a keeper.”

 

She winked and Yoseob blushed.

 

“UMMA!!!” You whined for the umpteenth time that night, completely embarrassed by your mom’s childish behavior.

 

“Araso, araso. Be careful when you head back!” Your mom shouted as you and Yoseob headed towards the door.

 

“I will, Mom!” You shouted back, matching the same volume as your mom just for the heck of it.

 

Yoseob glanced at you in a teasing disapproval. He then smiled and bowed at your mom, giving her his farewell greetings.

 

Yeah, yeah, yeah...Just go be all polite and gentleman...You thought, making a face.

 

When the both of you exited the cafe, you breathed out a sigh of relief. It was suffocating in that cafe, especially with the number of times you were embarrassed by your mom and was laughed at by Yoseob. You were worn out physically and mentally and definitely ready to go home.

 

“So...” You said, voice fading off as you halted your steps outside the entrance of the cafe. Yoseob’s car was parked out front, literally right in front of the cafe. “Uhm...See you back at the shop then, I guess...?”

 

Yoseob cleared his throat awkwardly before replying. “Y-yeah, haha. See you.”

 

You hesitated for a second like you were thinking hard about something.

 

“Is there a proble__”

 

You quickly stepped forward and gave Yoseob oppa a half hug before jumping off the curb onto the street.

 

You laughed as he blinked for a few seconds not comprehending what happened.

 

“Thanks for today!” You shouted to him.

 

You waved at his car as he pulled out of the parking spot.

 

“...What a messed up night..” You chuckled, talking to yourself.

 

You looked both ways on the street before running quickly to the other side. It’s always been a habit of yours, running like you were going to die even though no cars were passing by at the moment.

 

You unlocked the car with a press of the button and opened the door. Climbing in, you the engine, starting up the car. You switched gears on the car, about to back out of the parking space but you stopped. A faint vibration was coming from the seat next to you.

 

You turned to look and found your galaxy vibrating. A call was coming in. You made a reach for it but it stopped vibrating before you could even pick up the call. You shrugged your shoulders.

 

“I’ll check it later.” You muttered to yourself, about to throw your phone back into the passenger seat. However, right after you did, your phone started vibrating again.

 

“Aish, jinja! Who the heck is it?” You cursed, annoyed at the caller. However, this time, you made a quick move to pick it up.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

~*~

Chicken Store

 

“Yah, ~~~~~! Odisseo?! Where are you?!” Seven shouted through the phone line.

 

He paced back and forth in his room, fingers tangled in his hair, facial features distressed and eye bags protruding from his handsome face. It was already three in the morning, and it was D-Day. The day that Seven would return to the stage for his comeback. He didn’t care a bit though, and would risk a day of dropping his whole schedule just to make sure you were okay.

 

“A-ah!” You exclaimed. “Y-you...You woke up?”

 

You were flustered, knowing you were busted and that you would have to come up with a good enough explanation to satisfy Seven before you would be let off the hook.

 

“What do you mean, I woke up?” Seven said frustratedly. “Do you know how worried I was about you when I woke up and found you not there?! You’re supposed to tell me if you’re going somewhere, and I wouldn’t have let you go out this late anyway! Where did you have to go that was so important that you had to go at 3 in the morning?”

 

You shifted uncomfortably in your seat at the sound of his nagging.

 

“O-o-oppa, I’ll, I’ll talk to you later, I’m driving home, I can’t talk, Bye!” You said in a rush of words, quickly hanging up and letting out a big sigh of relief.

 

“I’m going to be so dead when I get back...” You murmured.

 

You put your cell phone on silent and threw it back where it was before before changing gears and driving off.

 

~*~

 

*Beep beep*!

 

You cringed at the sound of your own car locking its doors. You weren’t too happy about facing what was to come next. You looked around the back to find Yoseob’s car already parked in it’s place.

 

Yoseob’s already here?...Well, I guess I spent quite some time talking to Seven on the phone.

 

You bounded up the steps to the chicken store and took a deep breath before swinging the doors open. Staring at the ground the whole time, you managed to walk inside and take a few steps forward.

 

You waited for the familiar voice you’ve known for over 10 years scold you and ground you.

 

You heard nothing.

 

Is this a trick or something?

 

You slowly diverted your eye gaze upwards, lifting your head from the ground. Seven was standing there by the kitchen, one hand on his hip and the other leaning on the surface of the island table. You stared at his face. Though worn out from worry, you spotted a hint of sadness in his eyes, almost as if he was on the verge of crying.

 

“A-are...you okay?” You stuttered, taking a few steps forward as you seemed to fall into Seven’s vulnerable look. “You seem....ti-, no, sick...”

 

You interrupted yourself realizing it would be stupid to say that he looked tired.

 

“It’s nothing, ~~~~~. You must be more tired than I am.” Seven said softly, smiling at you weakly. “Go get some rest. You have your trainee evaluation test tomorrow at J. Tune, remember?”

 

“Oh my gosh, I do?!?!” You gasped, looking wide-eyed at Seven.

 

You quickly pulled out your phone and looked at the lock screen.

 

April 2nd, 2013, it read.

 

“Oh my god, you’re right...” You said, laughing at how forgetful you were.

 

You then grinned, running forward and hugging Seven.

 

“Oppa, I told you you know my schedule better than I do! You might even know me better than I know myself!”

 

You winked at him before giving him a tight squeeze. As you were about to let go, you felt his arms wrap around your waist and hug you back tightly. You were taken aback in surprise, almost pushing him away from you in the process. He didn’t let you and held a tight grip, almost engulfing you into his arms.

 

“Just...just stay like this for a while, neh?” He said in what seemed like a desperate voice for the first time.

 

You’ve never heard this tone of voice from him before and for some reason, it touched you. Without knowing yourself, a small smile formed on your face and you snuggled into his chest.

 

After just a few seconds of being in his embrace, it seemed like you never wanted to let go. He was such a nice and warm oppa to you and you’ve always loved him as an older brother.

 

He pulled away first, though, your hair behind your ear and tucking it in gently.

 

“Go get some sleep now, okay? I’ll go to sleep a bit later so don’t wait for me.”

 

He slowly leaned in and planted a quick peck on your forehead like he always used to do when you were little.

 

“Good night.”

 

You felt your cheeks heat up almost instantly.

 

W...why do I feel so flustered?...It’s the first time I feel this way around Wookie oppa...

 

You decided it was best to excuse yourself quickly. You didn’t like feeling this way around Dongwook oppa and you felt that it was wrong for you to feel that way. You were scared of that feeling even more than anything else and you didn’t know why.

 

“G-good night, Wookie oppa.” You said quietly, before rushing over to the room you shared with Dongwook Oppa.

 

~*~

 

Dongwook watched as you scurried over into the room he shared with you before he let out a dejected groan and plopped down on one of the sofas in the living room. He landed on his stomach and buried his face into one of the pillows.

 

“Ughhhhhhkaf;sldjg;asdjlgh...” Dongwook grumbled into the pillow, venting out his frustration.

 

He then sat up, face pouting like a little child.

 

“If it weren’t for Yoseob, I wouldn’t have let her off..” He mumbled. “Aish, I can’t believe she would sneak out of here just to meet with that idiot!”

 

Dongwook hugged the pillow while sitting cross-legged on the couch, squeezing the daylights out of it.

 

“She’s never snuck out on me before...or didn’t listen to me! It’s not fairrrrrrr~! I’ve never went on a date this late..and especially with ~~~~~!!” Dongwook continuously complained, flopping back down onto the couch and ruffling his hair in discontent.

 

After a few minutes, he had properly cushioned his head with the pillow and positioned himself in a sleep position, staring at the ceiling as if it was the most wonderful thing in the world.

 

“I wonder....if I will ever be able to hang out with ~~~~ like Yoseob does at all...? Or even get her to think of me...as more than an older brother....And get her eyes to stare longingly at me like she did with Yoseob tonight at dinner?” Dongwook said out loud to himself.

 

The scene of you staring at Yoseob eating cake during dinner flashed into his head for a moment and Dongwook shook his head violently in an effort to get it out.

 

“...Maybe....I should just...let her go?”

 

Dongwook kept on staring at the blank ceiling, his fingers clenching the ends of his shirt, seemingly unable to even think straight.

 

“Ahhhh, mwola mwola! I don’t know I don’t know!” He said, confused and stressed out.

 

He got up quickly and threw the pillow onto one of the other couches before sighing.

 

“When will I ever learn to let go...?”

 

He stood there for a moment before walking down the hallway.

 

“...Are you...asleep?” Dongwook asked quietly as he slowly opened the door to his bedroom where you were sleeping.

 

There was only silence.

 

Dongwook closed the door as quietly as he could and smiled as he saw you sprawled across the mattress, the blanket nearly touching the ground. Your right arm was hanging off of the side of the bed and your right leg as well. He tiptoed towards the bed and gently lifted your arm and leg back into place.

 

“Pabo.” He whispered, quietly laughing to himself.

 

He slowly picked up the blanket from the ground and placed it over you. When he finished tucking you in, he took a few seconds to just admire your facial features. He took a seat on the edge of the bed and just gazed at you sleeping. Cautiously, in an effort to not wake you up, he lifted his hand and your cheek lightly.

 

“Yah...” He murmured, so quiet you could barely hear him. “..Why are you doing this to me?”

 

A sudden buzz interrupted Dongwook’s moment with you and he realized just how much time he had devoted to staring at your peaceful face. He looked over at the nightstand and saw a new text notification on your cell phone. He reached for the phone, pressing the on button once more so the lock screen would light up. The notification was there.

 

He read it. He could feel his heart shatter, every bit of it. This was the first time he felt so much pain in his heart, he almost couldn’t bear it.

 

“Choi Dongwook...w-why are you always one step too late?”

 


New Text Message: Yang Yoseob

Hey, I had an awesome time with you today~! I was wondering..if you wanna go out with...

 


 

A/N:

 

Hello! This is Kpopchicken back with a new chapter of Only A Fan! Hope you guys enjoy it and continue to subscribe, rate, comment, and support this story along with my other fanfics~! Ah, and if you were confused, the last text was just the notification on the lock screen of her phone, showing the preview of the text she received from Seobie. ^^ Again, thanks for stopping by and anticipate the next chapter!

 

 

 

Also, if you guys are interested in EXO, I started a new fanfic called "We're Not 12 Anymore; We're 13" starring EXO-M's Kris and Hyunjae (OC) as the main couple. There's also a twist of powers in the story, but it's in a normal environment (No EXO planet or anything...) so don't worry about that. And also, all of EXO plays a role as main character in this story, so I made sure I didn't leave any powers out. XD Thanks for the support! ^^

 

Love,

Author

 



QUESTION: Have you ever experienced an unrequited love?