Behind the Stage

Only A Fan

Previous chapter:

What betrayal? It’s not like we’re lovers. You thought long and hard about it as you quickly exited the convenience store minutes later and escaped Hanbyul’s line of sight. Knowing all of this and convincing yourself that you were fine didn’t last long. As a couple walked past you on the sidewalk, holding hands and laughing with their heads inches apart, you felt heartburn again.

 

I should really get some medicine for this.

 

 

You picked up your speed, eager to just get to the M! Countdown stage, watch Seven’s performance, and go home.

 

LOVE IS COMPLICATED.

 

Chapter 14:

{I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU.}

 

The screams were deafening and you stepped away from the crowd at the end of the performance. You had tried to enjoy the performance; you really did. After all, it was Seven's comeback and he had wanted you to be at his comeback stage ever since he started practicing.

 

However, you couldn't concentrate on the performance at all. All you could think about was what had happened between Hanbyul and Seven just moments ago. You couldn’t grasp the idea of the person you were watching on stage already having a girlfriend and you couldn’t accept the fact that you were not the first person to be notified.

 

Bowing to the people who recognized you in the hallways, you made your way to Seven’s dressing room, deciding to wait there as he closed up his performance with many thank yous and heart gestures. You never really liked it when Seven did fanservice for his fans, so you opted to stay out of it this time. Obviously, of course, it wasn’t like you were jealous or anything, so it wouldn’t matter to you anyway [right?]. You took out your Samsung Galaxy and flipped open the case. A chat popped up on your Kakaotalk.

 

“Beast’s M/V ‘Shadow’ is out! Watch it here: _________”.

 

Your eyes widened and you backtracked.

 

I completely forgot that Beast’s music video was being released today!

 

You felt like hitting your head on the wall over and over again, but instead, quickly clicked on the link. Youtube popped up and the video started right away; if it didn’t, a string of curse words would’ve taken it’s place. As usual, you couldn’t control the grin spreading across your face as you watched Junhyung start off the song with one of his irresistibly catchy raps. You sighed in content. Yoseob’s voice was just too heavenly for you and you couldn’t contain a small squeal every time he appeared on screen. You were just one of those fans who couldn’t help but squeal every time you saw a picture of Beast on Tumblr; imagine how you would feel if Beast released a music video? You get the idea.

 

You were so immersed in listening to Hyunseung and Yoseob sing, you didn’t even notice Seven come back from his performance. He had on a slight smile and sweat was visibly running down the sides of his face. Two staff members quickly rushed up to him with towels, dabbing Seven's forehead and chin lightly to dry him off. As they did so, Seven removed the mic from his ear and pulled out the attached box from the back pocket of his jeans. He handed it over to the staff and they thanked him before leaving.

 

He turned to you and the slight smile was replaced with a disappointed frown. He wasn’t able to see you in the audience while he was performing and was upset to find you outside of his dressing room on your phone rather than waiting for him to get offstage. He was even more upset to find that you were watching the Beast music video so intensely without sparing a glance at him.

 

Seven jumped up slightly startled as the dressing room door opened and his manager came out, lugging a huge suitcase of makeup with his left arm and balancing a big container of blowdryers, curlers, and hair clips with his right arm. Two female stylists followed him out and Seven smirked, knowing his manager offered to bring the two female stylists home and they readily agreed. He was too nice sometimes. His manager saw Seven’s expression and rolled his eyes jokingly, knowing what Seven was thinking.

 

"Seven, get some rest before your filming with Weekly Idol at 4PM, okay? I'll come pick you up. You can find your own way home, right?" Seven's manager said as he walked up to Seven and patted him on the back. "Good work today."

 

Seven gave him a nod before leaning in. “Good work today, too.” He whispered.

 

His manager laughed. “Stop thinking weird thoughts, will you? I’m just sending them home cause they don’t have a ride!”

 

Seven laughed. "I was joking! I’ll see you later then, hyung."

 

His manager gave him a small wave and left. You finally looked up, having heard Seven’s conversation with his manager.

 

"Hey, why didn’t you say hi when you came back? I didn’t know you were here already,” You said, pouting.

 

"I finished a while ago to see you watching a beast video instead of me, huh. So much for my hard work." Seven said childishly, moving to lean his back against the wall. He put his hands in his jacket pockets and didn’t bother facing you.

 

You guiltily rubbed the back of your neck as you stared at Seven’s side profile. You weren’t that good at dealing with Seven’s small tantrums, especially when you knew you were kind of in the wrong. "Sorry...you know I don't like watching you give fanservice.”

 

Well, this time, I had no one to do fanservice to since you weren’t here.. Seven groaned inwardly.

 

“But still...” Seven said flatly. “You didn't have to watch Beast while waiting for me, did you?"

 

He turned his head to face the right, instead of staring at the wall across from him.

 

"....well you should know I'm a diehard fan of Beast...you always knew. I didn't think it bothered you that much, Wookie oppa,” You joked, linking your right arm with his left. “Forgive me?”

 

"I always end up forgiving you anyway, no matter how much you hurt me inside, so you don’t have to worry about that.” Seven mumbled only for him to hear.

 

His gaze dropped to the floor and he took a minute to rejuvenate. Just a few seconds later, he would have to act as if you ignoring him didn’t bother him at all. The last thing he wanted was the relationship between you and him to become awkward because of a minor fight. You, on the other hand, did not hear what he said but was completely thrown off by his reaction to care. On normal circumstances, he would have forgiven you right away and laughed the whole argument off. Knowing that, this made you realize how much Seven’s decisions affected you; just the mere fact that he wasn’t doing what he normally did bothered you more than you knew it should have.

 

“Sorry!” You blurted out, impulsively feeling the need to apologize.

 

There was a silence and you saw Seven turn his head to look at you. For a few seconds, his eyes flashed an unreadable emotion and you weren’t sure whether or not it was a look of sadness or hurt. You wanted to question it, but it left before you could tell what it was. He then grinned at you, erasing any other emotion from his face. You blinked. This was the first time you felt something was off when he smiled at you. You felt uncomfortable.

 

“There’s nothing to be sorry for, Jay,” He said gently. “I was just being childish again, wasn’t I?”

 

Yoseob’s voice sang in the background at this time and feeling it was an inappropriate background music for the moment, you quickly turned it off. You were disappointed, though, as you saw Seven had returned to staring at the wall across from him as if talking to the wall was more interesting than talking to you.

 

“But, oppa...are you sure you’re okay?” You tried asking.

 

Before Seven could reply, a girl sprinted down the hallway and halted at the end.

 

“LEE JI YEON, YOU SAID THEY WENT THIS WAY!” The girl screamed. A group of fangirls followed behind, running as fast as they could and panting for air. They were all wearing Beast t-shirts and each carried a sign that said a Beast member’s name. The girl ahead of everyone was holding an “I Love Yang Yoseob” sign and you could tell she was a diehard fan. When the group of girls rejoined at the end of the hallway, they stopped short to yell at each other.

 

“Where did they go?!” “I swear they went this way!” “Maybe they went that way?” “Did you seriously lose them?””I DID SEE YANG YOSEOB GO THIS WAY!” “I can’t believe we lost the chance to meet Beast in real life...” A girl sobbed, breaking down.

 

They glanced left and right at the perpendicular hallway and decided to go left this time. At the same time that they left, a group of 6 guys in hooded black jackets and sunglasses turned the corner from where the girls had come from. They suspiciously looked around as if they were hiding from someone and all 6 were gasping for air as well. They almost made a break for it when they saw you but relaxed as one of the boys said something that made them stop panicking. All 6 of them walked down the hallway. The boy that made everyone stop panicking took his hoodie off first and you immediately recognized him.

 

“Omo, oppa, what are you doing here?!” You gasped, not expecting to see your oppa here at all.

 

“I’m upset you didn’t know we had a filming for Weekly Idol here today,” Yoseob pouted, trying to get pity from you.

 

“Sorry, I took a break from the Beast fan club meetings to watch Seven’s performance, if it’s alright with you.” You said sarcastically, winking at him.

 

Yoseob laughed. “Cut it out, Jay, will you? You’re hurting my feelings and flirting with me at the same time!”

 

You gave a small chuckle at his choice of words.

 

As if I was actually doing that, you thought to yourself, amused.

 

“Killing two birds with one stone, Yoseob-ssi. Have you not heard of this before?”

 

“Yah, you know I hate formalities!” Yoseob shot back with a pissed off look, earning you another fit of laughter.

 

~*~

3rd POV

 

The other 5 Beast members watched the two with mischievous looks on their faces as they took off their hoodies. As soon as they met eyes with Seven, though, they instantly bowed and Seven gave a quick nod back, not happy with Jay’s interaction with Yoseob. It seemed like the two had gotten closer since the last time he saw Jay and Yoseob together. Seven’s thoughts were interrupted by a quite unwanted female visitor.

 

“OPPA! YOU WERE HERE? I WAS LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!” An all too familiar voice gushed from behind them all.

 

Everyone turned around to see Hanbyul rush straight towards Seven, her arms held out wide. Seven almost gagged at the sight and instinctively dodged to the left before Hanbyul could hug him spot on. Hanbyul bounced off the wall and collided into a staff member who happened to be passing by. The staff member gave her a dirty look before dusting off her shoulder and continuing to walk down the hallway. Hanbyul, flustered, called out a, “You could have said sorry!” before turning to Seven, Jay, and Beast. Every Beast member had to cover their mouths and refrain themselves from bursting out loud in laughter as they replayed the shocked look on her face when she had missed Seven’s chest and hugged the wall instead. Only Jay stood there confused, not knowing what to think of the situation. Yoseob took the chance to slip through everyone and stand next to Seven.

 

“Looks like you have to take care of Jay now, huh?” Yoseob whispered in Seven’s ear.

 

Seven glanced over to see Jay upset and biting her lip. Her eyes reflected a state of confusion and betrayal for some unknown reason.

 

“I’ll take care of Hanbyul and everyone else. You take care of Jay, okay?” Yoseob nudged Seven lightly, giving him a reassured look.

 

“Wait, how she feels has nothing to do with me, Seob!” Seven protested back.

 

Yoseob fought the urge to roll his eyes.

 

“I know you like her, man. Don’t deny it. One more white lie out of that mouth and I’m going to announce your crush in front of everyone.”

 

Seven immediately shut up and nodded like an obedient puppy.

 

“Go ahead,” Yoseob nodded. “I’ll cover up here.”

 

Seven hesitated for a couple of seconds before deciding that it was better to do it now than never. He grabbed Jay’s wrist and pulled her away from everyone else.

 

~*~

Your POV

 

One minute, he claims that Hanbyul is his girlfriend and then next minute, he lets her collide into a wall just so he won’t have to be embraced by her.

 

Just what is going on in Seven’s mind? I wonder what they’re talking about..

 

You watched as Yoseob finished whispering a few words to Seven and Seven gave a reluctant nod. Looking away, you focused on the other Beast members who were trying to refrain Hanbyul from tackling Seven. You were debating with yourself what was true and what wasn’t. At that exact moment, you felt a hand grip your wrist. You looked down at your hand and realized it was Seven’s. You stared up at him questioningly.

 

“I’ve had enough, lying to myself for the past ten years,” Seven muttered, loud enough for you to hear but seemingly not intended for you. In fact, he seemed to be comforting himself.

 

“What?” You managed to utter in reply.

 

“Hey, Doojoon,” Seven said.

 

“Neh, hyung?” Doojoon walked over to Seven.

 

“I have to go with Jay somewhere, so when Yoseob tells you guys to do something, just listen to him, araso? Believe me, this is the ONLY time I’m going to ask you to listen to what Yoseob tells you to do.”

 

Doojoon chuckled. “Got it, hyung. Rest assured.”

 

“Thanks, Joonie.”

 

Seven then turned his attention to you. “Jay, I have something to tell you.”

 

“What is it?” You asked somewhat nervously. “It’s nothing...bad, is it?”

 

“Well...depends on your interpretation, I guess,” Seven replied awkwardly, not knowing how to reply. “You’ll have to ditch them and follow me though.”

 

With that, he let go of the grip on your wrist. You were a bit disappointed but that feeling quickly left when his hand slid down and intertwined fingers with yours. He held onto your hand and made a run for it, leading you away from everyone else. In the distance, you could hear the faint lock of a dressing room door and the banging of someone trying to get out.

 

I wonder what that is..You thought, feeling suspicious. However, you quickly forgot about it as you felt Seven’s hand squeeze yours. You felt a jolt of electricity run through your arm. Your hand in his felt right for an unknown reason, and your heart suddenly fluttered, throwing you off guard. W-what the hell was that...?

 

You kept your eyes on Seven’s back and noticed for the first time just how manly he looked from where you were running behind him. When he turned around and asked if you were okay, you frantically nodded and blushed.

 

~*~

Back at the Dressing Room

 

“Sorry, Hanbyul. The door doesn’t seem to be working, so I’ll have to go call a security guard. We’ll be back soon!” Yoseob said sweetly, walking away. “Just put your trust in us. You’ll be out of there soon.”

 

“Maybe tomorrow morning would be the latest...” Yoseob quietly muttered, thinking to himself.

 

The rest of the Beast members followed Yoseob as he walked off, silently cackling at their mischievous main vocalist.

 

“I swear it pays off to be this guy’s best friend.” Kikwang said pointing at Yoseob as they left, leaving the dressing room locked. “He’s the most entertaining guy I’ve ever met.”

 

“I completely agree.” Junhyung smirked, swinging an arm around Yoseob’s shoulder. “I’d do that again any day.”

 

 

 

{I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU.}

 

 

 

~*~

A/N:

 

How did you like the chapter?

 

Feel free to comment, subscribe, vote, and continue to support my fanfics! ^-^ Welcome to all the new subbies too :3 The more comments I get, the more motivated so keep them coming :D

 

And if you don’t know what “Shadow” M/V I’m talking about in the chapter, you have a problem and I’m going to fix it. XD JKJK But seriously. xD

 

Watch Beast’s “Shadow” M/V here: http://youtu.be/7Y3ZRYQl4Qo [Disable reader's mode to click the link].

 

Love,

Author

 

P.S. Please vote at the poll below on what you want Seven to tell you in the next chapter :3 Majority may have an advantage!