In the Dressing Room

Only A Fan

Previous Chapter:
“Ah!” He looked up to see if you had left yet. “WAIT, ______-AH!”

He hopped on one foot to the door, able to grab your wrist before you left. Maybe he grabbed too hard. Even he was surprised. Before you even knew what was happening, you lost your balance and fell. It wasn’t a very ordinary fall. And it didn’t hurt either.

You fell right into Kevin’s arms.

Chapter 7:

You closed your eyes. You opened them. You closed your eyes again. You opened them once more. Nope. It wasn’t a dream, or a figment of your imagination. You were still lying on top of Kevin in U-KISS’ dressing room. And to make it worse? The door swung open.

“Wah, DAE~BAK!” Dongho saw them first, as he entered the dressing room. He whistled playfully. “HYUNG! COME INSIDE! PALI!” He called, sticking his head back out the door.

Eli rushed in wondering what Dongho needed him for... just to find himself face to face with the most awkward situation ever.

“Kevin, what are you doing right now?” Eli asked the kid who was currently sprawled across the floor, squashed by you. He looked down at you and him. “So we were worried mad on stage because of your injury, and the fans were too, and yet you’re here making out with a girl?” His face demanded for an explanation. Usually, Eli wasn’t like this, but all of the members knew when he’d turn into a protective kind of guy. It was whenever someone appeared to be harming any of the U-KISS members. That’s why everyone liked to stick to Eli to use him as a shield.

You froze as the rest of the members filed in, taking in the scene. OHHHHH god...

They all stared at you accusingly, except for Dongho who seemed quite unfazed by the situation. He instead used his time wisely to take a nap in the corner of the room. You looked at each of the members. Just seeing their expressions, were enough to send a message that someone needed to explain immediately what had happened before one gets hurt. Ouch. Intimidating much?

“I’ll explain I’ll explain I’ll explain I’ll explain I’ll explain!” You blurted out immediately, struggling to lift yourself off of Kevin. You haven’t weighed yourself lately and you were still fit, but you didn’t even want to know what impact Kevin received from that fall. It must’ve been badddd. Especially on his ankle..ㅠㅠ.

Kiseop, a little entertained by the whole scene but not entirely, offered a hand to help you up. You gladly took it, using both his strength and yours to pull yourself up from where you were laying. You could tell Kiseop was a very observant person, choosing to help you, and quite frankly, you took it for granted. If you had been a sasaeng fan, Kevin would’ve screamed his head off that you were, but he didn’t. And he wasn’t squirming or kicking or thrashing or trying to kill you. So to Kiseop, the problem didn’t seem overly severe.

You straightened your top and dusted off your black jean shorts. The other members then rushed in around you and Kevin, like ahjummas gossiping about the ridiculous prices of the fish in the market that day. Only Kiseop was bent down next to Kevin’s ankle like a normal U-KISS member, tending to it with ice. It seemed that everyone else had forgotten about the injury. What nice members. You looked down at Kevin. He was hopelessly sprawled on the ground, still shocked speechless from the incident. You let out a puff of air from your cheeks, knowing he wouldn’t be able to help you.

“O-okay...so...I was that girl who ran upstage to help Kevin oppa into the dressing room.” You looked up at them, and saw they had expected the whole story. You sighed before continuing. Honestly, this felt like storytime in kindergarten. “Right after we reached this dressing room, I settled him down here before I made a trip to go get ice to treat his ankle. Which, by the way, is when I found out that Kevin had a phobia of being in a room alone, without you guys--” You stopped talking for a second to catch your breath.

The U-KISS members looked at each other questioningly, before looking at the pitiful guy on the floor whose cheeks were flushed pink.

“Aw, don’t worry, Kevin. We won’t leave you,” the leader, Soohyun, smiled teasingly at Kevin who was now sitting up on the floor. Soohyun was playing with his hair, ruffling it a bit. Most times, Kevin would be extremely annoyed if someone messed up his perfectly styled hair. However, right now Kevin didn’t give a care in the world what Soohyun was doing. He was used to it, and in fact, enjoyed the company since he was earlier abandoned. “Besides, we still keep in touch with Xander and Kibum. Nothing bad will happen between all of us.”

Kevin sniffled. He was an emotional kind of guy.

“Yah, Kevin-ah. Be a man!” Eli patted Kevin’s back a few times, his way of telling Kevin to please stop crying, and that it would hurt him to see him cry at the thought that the members would leave him. Kevin tried stopping. It resulted in a burst of tears. Eli sighed as he gave up on the thought that Kevin would actually stop crying. He sat down next to Kevin to comfort him.

The attention then turned back to you.

“So I gave him my iTouch to listen to, distracting him from being alone, before going to get ice for his swollen ankle. I came back to give him the ice, and helped him with his ankle for a while. I checked the time, and realized it was time for me to return to the audience where Yoseob and Dongwook oppa were and still are, but as I was leaving, Kevin oppa got up and pulled my arm. It caused me to lose my balance and I fell into his arms.” You explained the whole situation in a brief 7 sentences. Coincidence..Seven..You laughed to yourself.

You looked at their doubtful faces. Not believing your story, they turned to Kevin for the “so-called truth”. However, Kevin, the 21 year old with his tear-streaked face just nodded fiercely, agreeing with everything you said. You smiled as the rest of the members acknowledged your words. After all, they knew Kevin wasn’t someone who would lie for his own welfare.

“Kwenchana?” AJ asked Kevin, finally helping him stand up. Kevin, knocked back to his senses, used AJ as his left supporter and Hoon as his right as he struggled to regain balance.

Once he got up, he proceeded to Eli hyung.

“Hyung! Why would you ask such weird questions to your dongsaeng?!?!” Kevin freaked, flustered after recalling what Eli had said.

“So we were worried mad on stage because of your injury, and the fans were too, and yet you’re here making out with a girl?”

Kevin’s cheeks flushed pink again.

“Yah, dongsaeng. You’re not thinking abnormal things, are you?!” Soohyun, the leader, stepped up, frantically shaking Kevin’s shoulders. “WAKE UP!!” He freaked, hoping Kevin wasn’t tainted by dirty thoughts.

Eli watched in amusement as their leader lost his mind for a moment.

“Could you puh-lease control yourselves?” Hoon strutted into the dressing room to find it full of chaos.

“Aiyyyy, this scene is the definition of U-KISS. It’s why we can’t control ourselves.” Dongho gave a slight smile and wink at Hoon before casually walking out of the dressing room.

“Aish, that kid.” Hoon muttered, pissed off at his bright attitude.

Out in the hallway, Dongho made his way towards one of the other dressing rooms backstage. He passed by the dressing rooms of EXO, NU’EST, Boyfriend, B2ST, BAP, and BTOB before finally arriving at the room he was heading to. He opened the door without knocking, earning a few jumps from the guys inside.

“YAH! SHIN DONGHO, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” L shouted, quickly slipping his shirt over his head.

“Annyeong, hyung!” Dongho cheered happily. He casually glanced past L, unable to hide his surprise.. “Looks like you’ve been working out lately, hyung. You have a 6 pack now!” He turned around, noticing L’s icy death glare aimed at him. Dongho quickly flashed a series of eye candy and “Shin Dongho” smiles at L to make up for his blunt comment.

L sighed. Maknae aegyo. Even though it was from a maknae in a different group, he just couldn’t resist it.

“Araso, araso, kermanhe! Stop it!” L rose his arms up in defeat, before turning to pack up his stuff from the makeup table.

Dongho grinned to himself, before turning to the leader of the group.

“Annyeonghaseyo, hyung!” He greeted politely and cheerfully; the Dongho style.

“Awh, Dongho-ah, how have you guys been doing?” Sunggyu asked informally, slipping his black leather jacket on, over his tight graphic t-shirt. He dusted off imaginary particles from his outfit, admiring himself in the dressing mirror.

“Ne, hyung! I’ve been doing good. Though the schedules are so tiring...” He pouted.

“That’s what you get for being hallyu stars!” Sungyeol stated, winking at Dongho in the mirror, as he adjusted his hair.

Hoya laughed. Dongho smiled, before leaning over Sungyeol to fix his own hair.

“Aigoo, Dongho-ah, didn’t your stylist just fix your hair?” Infinite’s coordi noona walked into the room shaking her head in disapproval, with boxes of makeup supplies, lotion, bb cream, and hair necessities piled up in her arms.

“Noona, let me help you!” Dongho quickly bounded away from the mirror, taking most of the things from her arms.

She blushed, bowing slightly. No one could resist the fact that Dongho looked totally attractive with just three buttons unfastened at the top of his white button-down shirt, his now chic looking hair (after he fixed it up himself), and his strength now displayed through helping Infinite’s coordi noona with her insanely heavy items. And the thing was, he was only 18. It just made another point that he was young. Not to mention: hot, charismatic, strong, and any girl’s dream boyfriend.

Mission Success? Hehe, no scolding received and she forgot about it! ^^

“Ani, what are you here for?” Woohyun spoke up, glancing over at Dongho for the first time.

“A girl came over to our dressing room. Wanna see her? It was DAEEEBAK!! She was on TOP OF Kevin hyung on the flo--” Dongho was cut short as he glanced around cluelessly.

Where the hell did Infinite go? Dongho quickly rushed out of the Infinite dressing room, just in time to see the last shadow of Sunggyu disappear in the direction of U-KISS’ room.

“Oh, hyungs...” Dongho muttered, as he slowly made his way back to his dressing room as well. “They interrupt you when they want to, ignore you when they want to, listen to you when they want to, and leave as they please. When will maknaes ever be respected in this music industry?”

 

~*~


“What’s taking her so long?” Se7en wondered. “Might as well go backstage and check it out, no?”

He looked over at Yoseob who nodded twice. They had their own backstage rooms in the facility anyway, so it would barely matter to the staff whether or not they walked in, even if they were not marked into the schedule.

“Ah, you’ve worked hard, you’ve worked hard.” They greeted and bowed to every staff member they passed, acting courteous around them. First impressions always mattered the most.

Stopping in front of the U-KISS dressing room, they didn’t bother to knock, and just barged in like Dongho had did earlier to Infinite.

“OUCH!!! WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR?!” Se7en heard a voice yell behind the door as they swung it wide open. He peeked behind the door and found Sungyeol standing there making a face and rubbing his arm that had a huge red mark on it.

As they made eye contact, Sungyeol’s eyes widened. Oh crap.

“I’M SO SORRY, HYUNG. SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY. I DIDN’T KNOW IT WAS YOU, I AM SO SORRY.” He apologized over and over again, his state of mind frozen solid. Anyone could tell he was scared out of his wits.

Se7en was known to be polite and modest and was always accepted in the music industry, but he was also known for his intimidating and manly side as well. Being a sunbae to many already, he figured it was his responsibility to teach the others. However, at Sungyeol’s discretion, he let go of his ego for once in a two months record, letting it slide with just a tiny ‘I’ll excuse you out of here to give you a scolding’ glint in his eye. As Se7en was about to drag Sungyeol out by the ear, you stopped him, causing him to suddenly remember why he was even here in the first place.

“Yah, Lee Dongwook!” You scolded him, dragging him back by the arm. “What do you think you’re doing? He’s hurt already! I would’ve yelled like he did if you swung the door open without alarm and hit me!”

“Let me just take care of this pabo, first.” Se7en whined. Infinite blinked at Se7en’s whining. Since when did he start aegyo?!?! U-Kiss was equally surprised.

You thought about Se7en’s sunbae status before you eyed the miserable Sungyeol who was dangling from Se7en’s grip. Everyone’s mouths laid agape, watching the scene unravel in front of their eyes. No one ever dared talk back to Se7en. Well, until you came. And boy were they scared out of their wits.

“No.” You stated firmly after a moment’s hesitation. You figured this little guy needed help. ...Little guy? Wait. He’s older than you. WHATEVER.

“Jay, I’m just sco--”

“I don’t want to hear it. Let him off your hook. You’re scaring him.” You demanded, glaring up at Se7en.

He sighed, not liking your attitude. Or your glare. So he decided to take the situation for granted, acting cold again. He was on the verge of giving up, but didn’t want to lose his manly sunbae pride in front of all of his juniors.

“Hm.” He pretended to consider your statement, before looking at you straight in the eye. “Provided you give me a kiss on the cheek. Or else I’m still going all out with this twerp.” He looked down at the frozen Sungyeol at the same time you did. His face called out, ‘Jay-ssi, please help me!!’.

You sighed. There was no way you were getting touchy with Se7en here. But there was no way you were going to leave and let Sungyeol get scolded or hurt. Or whatever Se7en was planning to do. It didn’t matter if you were close to him or not. You liked helping people, and you felt that it was your obligation to help others. You stood there silently for a bit, browsing through your options. After a final analysis, there was only one option left for you to do.

You fished out your phone from the depths of your bag, ignoring the confused stares. You clicked a speed dial. Everyone in the room leaned in to hear as you put the call on speakerphone. Even Se7en looked a bit nervous. He knew you had many connections, and he didn’t like it. You had the ability to make any celebrity’s hair stand on an end.

“Annyeong! Han Byul unnie!” You exclaimed as the connection went through. Se7en froze upon hearing the last three words you just said. You were calling his ex-girlfriend.

“I’m with Se7en right now, and he says that he wants to...” You paused momentarily, glancing at him with an evil smirk. “...get back together with you.”

His eyes widened to the size of saucers, and he let go of Sungyeol instantly.

“I let go I let go I let go!!” Se7en panicked. He couldn’t even imagine dating Han Byul again.

You laughed at Se7en’s sudden alertness.

“Unnie, it’s nothing. Se7en was just being a jerk again, so I wanted to .” You told Han Byul happily over the phone.

“...Okay...haha...You got me...kinda scared there...” Han Byul replied through the line a bit less enthusiastically.

You didn’t notice her change of tone, and hung up after saying bye. Throwing your phone back into your bag, you glanced up to see a bunch of faces who were shocked that you tamed Se7en. You had to fight the urge to roll your eyes. You walked up to the face distorted in pain, looking at him worriedly.

“Sungyeol-ssi, kwenchana?” You went up to Sungyeol, lightly touching his ear and pouting at the same time. “That must’ve hurt.”

Sungyeol’s face turned beet red as you continued tending to his bruised ear. “I-I’m okay, Jay-ssi. T-thanks.” He stuttered, stiff to your touch.

“Y-yah! What are you doing?” Se7en asked flustered, as he stood to the side watching the intimate scene. Well, it was intimate to him.

Yoseob stood to the side, next to Sunggyu and Kevin, laughing. Oh, hyung. Always a step behind in love.

After a few minutes of awkwardness, Yoseob couldn’t stand it anymore. The atmosphere was weird, he was hungry, and his stomach demanded for food.

“CUT!” Yoseob shouted, gaining everyone’s attention. “Drama’s over. Gotta go! It’s almost time for dinner.” Yoseob bounced up from the table he was leaning on, his hands stuffed in his pockets. “You guys wanna join us?” He asked the other groups. Infinite politely rejected the offer, and you swore you could see Sungyeol pout in disappointment. U-Kiss also rejected, seeing that they still had a schedule after this, leaving Kevin with an empty kind of feeling. You patted him on the back, telling him your phone number so you guys could stay friends. You also passed on your contact info to Sungyeol, for safety measures.

Walking out of the dressing room, you were in the lead. Every 2 minutes, you would turn around to watch the recording that was going on backstage, while you were still walking. When you turned around again, you accidentally walked into someone, stumbling back.

“AH, CHESOHAMNIDA!! JINJA CHESOHAMNIDA!!” You bowed over and over again, sincerely sorry. You mentally facepalmed yourself for not watching where you were going. You could hear the person laugh.

“Oh, no it’s okay! I don’t pay attention to where I’m walking sometimes, too.”

You looked up to see who the interesting voice belonged to.

“EXO’s Kris?” You gaped as you looked up to meet his eyes. You haven’t met EXO in person, and you were extremely excited. Yes, you were an EXOtic. You probably don’t even remember how many fan clubs you’re currently in, do you?

You watched as the other members that were in a line behind Kris revealed themselves, one by one. By the time they all got out of line, you could see all 12 members standing in front of you. You almost fainted in ecstacy. You could die happy now.

“Yo, Chen!” Yoseob grinned from behind you, reaching out for a high-five. “Long time no see! Why don’t all of you eat with us for dinner? Our treat.” He looked at the 12 with hopeful eyes.

Leaders Kris and Suho discussed amongst themselves, and moments later, looked back at their sunbaes.

“We were just getting off of our schedules anyway...I guess it would do us no harm.” Kris replied politely, smiling at Yoseob. Se7en looked at you to see if you had any objections, but you were too busy mesmerized by the tall angelic build of EXO-M’s leader.

The 11 members behind Kris could swear they almost saw hearts form in replacement of your eyes. They secretly laughed, trying hard to control themselves. Luhan, who was standing behind his leader, whispered something to Kris. Sehun was curious as to what he said, so Luhan whispered to him too. Sehun nodded in approval.

“Let’s go then!” Se7en exclaimed, leading everyone out of the stage area and safely outside. You lingered in the back, so you could examine the EXO members closely without getting caught. And especially because, Kris was also walking close to the back of the group. As you were staring intently at his face, he suddenly turned around, walking over to you with a gentle smile on his face.

“Let’s walk together. They’re too busy gushing over girl groups anyway.” He put his arm around your shoulder, leading you off with him. The 11 members turned around simultaneously to see that Kris already performed his fanservice within 30 seconds of Luhan telling him what to do. Definitely a capable leader...They all thought impressed.

Back in the front, Se7en turned around to make sure you were still following the whole group. Unfortunately, all he saw was you smiling in Kris’ arms. You guys seriously looked like a perfect couple. He gazed jealously at you both.

“Watch out, hyung.” Yoseob guided Se7en away from the middle of the road, as a car zoomed by. “You almost died there.” He joked, before turning around to see what Se7en was looking at. He made eye contact with you and almost immediately broke it.

Man, I don't get what hyung likes so much about that girl. This hyung gets so sensitive sometimes...

 

~*~

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]
Dongho: If only you were there to see L shirtless...You’re jealous, right? Hehe..Maknaes have advantages. ;3
L: Be quiet, Dongho.
Dongho: Man, he had a legendary 6 pack....
L: ...Dongho...
Dongho: And his muscles were protruding...
L: ...I’m serious...
Dongho: And that y face when he yelled at me...
L: DON’T TELL ME I DIDN’T WARN YOU!! >:|
[Chases after Dongho]
Dongho: AHHHHHH! HYUNG, SARANGHAE!! <3 I LOVE YOU [;D ;D ;D]
[Defeated after seeing maknae aegyo]
Dongho: Teehee~ :D
 

~*~

 

Hellooo! Thanks for stopping by and reading Chapter 7 of Only A Fan!! I hope you continue to subscribe, comment, rate, and support my stories! Sorry for the delay...I have my finals coming up so I might not update for a while -- I apologize in advance D:

 

Love,

Kpopchicken :D

 



Question: Your favorite U-KISS member? (Kibum & Alexander are accepted too ;D)