Everland...or Neverland?

Only A Fan

Previous:
He took one last look at the closed door with his crush sleeping peacefully inside. He then left, turning off all the lights.

“Let’s call it a night,” Se7en told himself exhausted, as he walked over to his couch to sleep. “I’ve still got to deal with Yoseob tomorrow..”

Chapter 6:

“Neomani hamkke kajullae,
Meolji anheun FANTASY,
Sangsangi kadeukhan i sesange,
Kkeucheun eobseo NEVER END,
Yeogin NEVERLAND!!”

Are you asking yourself why you are standing here watching U-Kiss perform Neverland in Korea’s Everland Amusement Park? And again, why you are STILL with Yoseob and Se7en?

Well. Let’s say it’s all Yoseob’s fault.

“Remind me why we’re listening to Neverland in Everland?” Se7en muttered, standing next to you. The three of you were standing right in front of the stage. You’ve never been in the first row of the VIP section before, and it felt exhilarating. You turned to the right, looking past Se7en to see what Yoseob was doing. Gladly, he was enjoying the stage performance. Apparently when he caught you earlier, you looked different without your glasses so he didn’t seem to recognize you. You sighed as you thought back to what happened this very morning.

 


 

 

You sprang up out of your bed at the sound of your alarm clock ringing and pressed the snooze button. You didn’t want to wake up anybody else. Just to be sure, you also pulled the plug from the power outlet and shoved the digital clock under the mattress. Tiptoeing out of the room, you got yourself ready in the bathroom, freezing every time you heard something.

At the same time, Se7en was waking up in the living room. He yawned and stretched at the same time, before standing up from the couch.

“Ow...my muscles are sore from sleeping on the couch last night...” Se7en flexed his sore muscles, wincing at the pain. He walked over to the bathroom, his footsteps making noise.

“Oh crap.” You cursed, looking in the mirror as you finished brushing your teeth and washing your face in the bathroom. You had also finished changing, and just had to see who was outside the door.

You slowly creaked open the door to find a sleepy Se7en in his white tank top, squinting his eyes at you because of the sudden light. Silently laughing, you stepped out into the hall, pushing him into the bathroom.

“Leaving now, catch you later~” You mouthed to him, taking a glance at the clock before bounding to the door. It was 6:45AM. “Komowo!”

As you were right about to open the front glass door, you spotted Yoseob jogging back from a distance.

“Am I really this unlucky?” You muttered to yourself. “I even woke up earlier but he ended up waking earlier than me..”

As you watched Yoseob nearing, you felt aware of a presence in the room. You turned around and recoiled as Se7en appeared behind you in a flash.

“WHERE THE DINO DID YOU COME FROM?!” You freaked, jumping back.

“Gosh, calm down, pabo. You’re so slow. Even I got ready faster than you.” Se7en rolled his eyes, as you examined him up and down.

He was done, darn ready. He could be dressed up to go to a fanmeeting with his casual, yet handsome outfit he had on at the moment. With his blouse and black vest, his dark blue denim jeans, nike sneakers, wet ruffled hair, and a towel wrapped around his neck, he was totally presentable. You looked at yourself, counting how many minutes it took you to get ready.

“And don’t use dino on me. That’s only for Jonghyun. Get your facts straight, shawol.” Se7en flicked your forehead lightly. “I don’t even get why you’re a SHINee fan in the first place. You’re fans of so many artists....Don’t they call people like you ‘migrating birds’?”

It’s not like you’re Onew, the master of head-flicking. Don’t even try with those flimsy attempts...You thought, sighing. And DON’T UNDERESTIMATE SHAWOLS AND B2UTIES AND VIPS AND ELFS...and all of the other fan clubs I’m in....And yes, I’ve heard of the term ‘migrating birds’. Hmph.

You ignored Se7en’s comment, and continued comparing the two times.

“30 minutes...5 minutes...30 minutes....5 minutes...”

Then you looked at what you had on. A simple cardigan and black denim shorts, your contacts in substitute for your glasses, and comfortable flip flops. It was your comfortable style day. You pondered a statement. “Maybe it’s true that guys get ready faster than girls.”

“You got that right.” Se7en laughed hearing you talk to yourself as Yoseob entered the store.

The bells attached to the door jingled, signalling an entry. You quickly sprang up, alerted by Yoseob. You had momentarily forgotten about him upon seeing Se7en and his record breaking time to get ready in the morning. Before you could dash under the cash counter, or into Se7en’s room, or into the bathroom, or into the kitchen, or even fit yourself into a cabinet, Se7en quickly grabbed your wrist, forcing you to stay put. You panicked.

Why’s he not letting me go?! You thought frustratedly. Se7en, sensing your nervousness, gave you a reassuring look. Within a few seconds, you felt calmer and reassured. Se7en had that effect on you. You were still staring at him when Yoseob came in.

“Hyung! Wasoyo, I’m back!” Yoseob cheered, coming in from his morning jog workout down the Han River.

“Yeogi [Here]!” Se7en replied back, still standing next to you.

Yoseob turned at the sound of Se7en’s voice to find you standing next to him. You checked his outfit out habitually. He had on denim jeans that went just well under his knees, a black tanktop, and a towel wrapped around his neck as well. He held an almost empty water bottle in his right hand, breathing slightly harder than usual. You could tell he had a good workout.

What if he recognizes me? ...Should I just tell him who I am and then run away? Agh, Se7en, I always get into trouble after I trust you.. You thought recklessly.

“Eh? Is this a new friend of yours?” Yoseob spun to face you and stared at you in interest. Being the person you were, you awkwardly stared back at him. Your creeper alert .

He looked at you amused.

“You have a friend with a personality identical to yours..” Yoseob mused, his eyes hovering over Se7en before coming back to you.

You laughed, now confident that he didn’t recognize you, as you looked at Se7en who was sending a ‘Don’t even go there’ expression to Yoseob.

“Oh yeah, I’m going there.” Yoseob joked along, reading his hyung’s expression. He walked into the kitchen to get another water bottle.

He must’ve been thirsty.. You thought, glancing at his exhausted face.

“Ah. I forgot to introduce you guys, Yoseob.” Se7en managed to blurt out as he tried not to groan. You had nudged him in the stomach with your elbow because he forgot to introduce you to him. And it was square in the stomach. Ouch.

“Oops~ I almost forgot, too.” Yoseob laughed, emerging from the kitchen with some of Se7en’s chips.

“A nice snack after workout.” You commented blandly.

Yoseob put on a look of pure innocence, pretending he didn’t hear your comment, before introducing himself.

“Annyeonghaseyo! Jeon Yoseob mida! B2ST’s lead vocal.”

“Ah..uhm...” You hesitated, wondering what to tell him. Se7en filled in for you.

“She can be shy sometimes..” Se7en feigned a sigh, shaking his head at you. You wanted to hurt him so badly for looking down on you, but you didn’t. At least he was doing something useful, right? “She uses her stage name, Jay. Hasn’t debuted yet, but getting ready to.”

You smiled, relieved with Se7en’s quick crisis save. You hated making a fool of yourself.

“Hyung, you sound half like her boyfriend and half like her manager. Which is it?” Yoseob teased Se7en, slinging an arm around your neck.

You stood there weirdly, unaware of the irritated Se7en who could have set his house into flames by now. You took the chance to formally introduce yourself.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Jeon Jay mida. Nice to meet you!”

“Ah, ne--” Yoseob got interrupted by the ring of his cellphone. “Mianhe.”

He unraveled his arm from you and immediately whipped his phone out from his pocket. He took one look at the caller ID and his whole face brightened as he rushed to answer it.

Girlfriend? You thought, observing Yoseob thoroughly.

“ANNYEONG!” Yoseob shouted into the phone, jumping up and down. You and Se7en watched him ridiculously freak out over the phone. There was a silence, before Yoseob had an outburst again. This took both of you by surprise and you both jumped and staggered back at the same time.

“JINJA?! IN EVERLAND!??!??!”

There was a silence.

“Hm, I’ve always wanted to go there...” Yoseob pondered.

Followed by another silence.

“THE SUJU HYUNGS AND THE TVXQ HYUNGS AND THE JYJ HYUNGS AND MBLAQ AND AILEE AND SNSD ARE GOING TO BE THERE TOOOOOOOO?????”

He immediately quieted down after his outburst.

“..3 tickets? OH TAI WAN MEI~ NI YAN LI WO CHU XIAN! OH BU RAN SHEI, TI WO ZAI NI SHEN BIAN!”

You almost had a heart attack at this outburst. Since when did he learn how to sing Super Junior M’s songs? And what was so perfect? The 3 tickets?

“Oh, kamsahamnida!” Yoseob hung up the call.

Both you and Se7en were glad it ended. Until he turned to you two.

“I got 3 tickets so we’re ALL GOING TO EVERLAND!!”

 

 


 

 

“I told you it was going to rain..” You scolded Se7en quietly who watched as U-Kiss danced on the slippery stage.

“I hope they don’t fall...” Se7en said, his thoughts being conveyed out loud.

“What are you talking about?” You laughed. “They wouldn’t--OH MY GOD. KEVIN!”

You watched as Kevin slid on stage, his ankle evidently injured. He winced as he tried standing up to no avail. It was a good thing he was dancing in the back that time. You ran up stage, gaining access to the back easily. You instantly slung his arm around your shoulder, and helped him backstage while the rest of U-Kiss looked at Kevin with concerned faces. They continued their performance having no choice, and the other members filled in for Kevin’s part.

Backstage, you helped Kevin sit and examined his ankle. Yep. You just invaded U-Kiss’s dressing room. Pretty cool, huh? Their performance clothes were on the racks in the corner of the room, and their cellphones, random pictures, books and mp3s were scattered along the makeup table. One fourth of the room was filled with fans gifts carefully settled one after the other.

“It’s just swollen. No worries; You should be back up and running in two weeks, making sure it’s 100% healed.” You said, looking at the bloated ankle close up.

“Uhm...not to be rude, but who are you?” Kevin looked down at you, who was positioned besides him.

“Ah...I forgot to tell you, didn’t I...” You said, almost as if talking to yourself.

Oh gosh. Pabo. Pabo. Pabo.

You took off your hood and looked up at him, about to introduce yourself.

“Ah! _____ right?” Kevin’s face lit up in recognition and you looked at him bewildered.

He laughed.

“Se7en talked about you an awful lot. I feel like I already know you.” He explained, joking along the way.

“Ah, really? Let’s be friends then.” You smiled cheerfully, getting up from the floor. “I’ll go get some ice. You can rest.”

You headed for the door, about to step out.

“Uhm. Wait a second...!!” Kevin uttered out.

You stopped, looking back questioningly. He got out of his chair, limping his way over. You winced at the painful expression on his face.

“Yah! What are you doing?! You can’t walk like this. Go sit down!” You scolded him.

“I...don’t wanna be left alone in the dressing room..” He pouted, looking down.

You looked at him weirdly.

He’s afraid of being alone in a room? Ah...well, U-KISS does have a lot of members...

“You’re....afraid...?” You asked, looking at him. He slightly nodded, embarrassed by his behavior. “Aigoo...who knew someone like you could be afraid to be in a room alone?”

You laughed, and led him over to the couch to sit. You sat down next to him, and reached into your sweater pockets for something.

“Jja. Take this.” You gave him your new iTouch full of Korean songs that you’ve been obsessed with from 6th grade up until now.

“Eh?” He looked at you, seemingly asking ‘What am I supposed to do with this?’.

You untangled the earplugs from your iTouch, and carefully placed them in Kevin’s ears. Turning your iTouch on, you browsed through the ‘U-KISS SONGS’ playlist. You found a song. Ah. The Kimchi Song. The first time you heard this OST from Immortal Classic, you laughed. It was such a cheerful and new type of song. You always knew Xander had the ability to pull these songs off.

“Mhm...this should be a good one...” You murmured to yourself. You clicked the song, and placed the iTouch in Kevin’s lap. Then, you walked out the door to go get ice for his injury.

“WAIT WHERE ARE YOU GOI--” Kevin freaked, realizing that you were leaving. However, his panic died down once he heard a familiar voice singing.

“Eh? Alex has a new song?” He took a quick peek at the iTouch. “The Kimchi Song?”

Kevin didn’t notice that he was no longer nervous being alone in the room. In fact, he was enjoying it.

“Kimchi kimchi kimchi kimchi, nomo chuwa~ Chuwa chuwa chuwa chuwa nomo chuwa~!!” He sang along.

By the time you got back to the dressing room, he wasn’t dancing and singing to his U-KISS songs anymore. In fact, he was singing Mirotic by TVXQ. You watched, amused by his own self-entertainment.

“I got youuuuu~ Under my skin!”

You suddenly wished TVXQ was still together. Yes, yes. You were a cassiopeia too.

“Kevin! I’m back. Here’s the ice.” You walked over to him and pulled the earplugs out of his ears.

You paused the music to give him the ice. He placed it on his ankle, breathing a sigh of relief.

“AHHH. IT FEELS SO MUCH BETTER.”  He exclaimed happily. Ugh...sometimes he was just an inexhaustible ball of energy. Not that that was a bad thing necessarily.

“It should,” You replied, clearing up some of the mess U-KISS had created on the tables. It had bothered you ever since you had walked through that dressing room door.

Kevin’s personality turned playful again, enthusiastically waiting for the rest of the U-KISS members to finish performing. You were quite surprised by his change in attitude. After tidying up the room, you checked the time from the clock on the counter.

“Ah, I should go now..Se7en oppa and Yoseob oppa should be waiting outside for me. Oppa, it was nice meeting you! ^^” You greeted, saying goodbye. “Annyeong!”

Kevin was kinda sad that you had to leave but said goodbye as well. Right before you left, he plopped back onto the couch, feeling lonely. He looked at the empty seat next to him. Okay, well, not so empty. Your iTouch was neatly placed right next to him.

“Ah!” He looked up to see if you had left yet. “WAIT, ______-AH!”

He hopped on one foot to the door, able to grab your wrist before you left. Maybe he grabbed too hard. Even he was surprised. Before you even knew what was happening, you lost your balance and fell. It wasn’t a very ordinary fall. And it didn’t hurt either.

You fell right into Kevin’s arms.

---

 

A/N: Hello! It’s Kpopchicken again, with Chapter 6 of Only A Fan! Thanks for stopping by and reading this chapter, and hope you continue to support, rate, comment and subscribe to our stories! Oh yeah, and don’t forget to listen to Xander’s “Kimchi Song” if you haven’t listened to it yet.. ;) Things are getting interesting. New character introduced! 

Love,

Kpopchicken

 



Question: Do you guys like U-KISS?