Se7en's Chicken Store

Only A Fan

Previous:

Yoseob lifted the mic up and to hide his surprise, returned her smirk. He was starting to like her two different sides of personality thing. She was different from the rest. He stared at her for 5 minutes. He figured she was challenging him to a dancing and singing competition. Well, that wasn’t a hard decision. He knew his answer right away.

**I accept your challenge.**

Chapter 4:

The crowd cheered as Yoseob took the mic from his stand. Well of course, it was a B2ST fan signing, wasn’t it? You shook your head to yourself. Such a stupid question. What were you thinking about anyway? All of a sudden, the cheering got louder.

Holy crap, you thought.

You felt the presence of four other guys behind you. Muscle alert. You took a deep shuddering breath. There had never been a time you felt so nervous you might break down on stage. Well, now’s a good time as any other.

You told yourself to remain calm, and slowly, yes, painfully slowly, turned around to face them. Oh gosh, the expressions on their faces. They must be mad at me or something.

You accidentally made eye-contact with Junhyung.

Look away, _____, look away. Death glare, oh gosh, can’t...break...off...stare...You were relieved when Yoseob started talking.

Until you remembered that he was the one who told the lie that you were a trainee at J. Tune. Wait. Well, technically, he lied the truth. Oh gosh, since when was that possible, anyway?

Gotta make eye contact with Dongwoon and the others so I can ask for help later when Yoseob starts spouting bigtime secrets...Can’t believe he lied the truth. You muttered, annoyed, while flashing your smile at each of the members. What a pain...

You eyed Yoseob, who looked a bit unrelaxed and unready to go. He couldn’t freestyle, could he? Oh gosh, sometimes fan instincts are so useful at times like this. Yeah that’s right, you had researched everything on B2ST on the internet. It’s what fans do, isn’t it? You looked back at Yoseob again, after eyeing the audience.

A corner of your mouth turned up in a smirk, your “multipersonality” revealing itself as you calmed yourself down by looking into the audience. You regained your confidence and felt like you had a lot of energy to use up there on stage. It was evident that most of the fans in the audience were cheering for Yoseob and wanted him to crush you, the currently unknown trainee, but you didn’t care. You would show them all, even if you would be banned from debuting for another 6 months. Make an impression at least, right?

“Heh.” You commented.

Yoseob turned around, to look you in the eye.

“Yah, are you laughing at me?” Yoseob shot an accusing look at you before looking back at his bandmates for some support. Which wasn’t exactly such a good idea.

Doojoon and Junhyung were glaring daggers at him for causing a commotion, Hyunseung and Kikwang were whispering to each other in their motherly concern, and Dongwoon was randomly dancing his made up dance routine at the very back of the stage. Some fans were filming him. Oh boy.

You feigned an innocent look and smiled at Yoseob.

Oh my goodness, what the heck am I doing? _____, STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP!!

“No, why?”

AH, _______, SHUT UP NOW, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING...

The singer’s eyebrow twitched in irritation and cued the DJ station on the right for the music to start.

“Well, aren’t you cute.” His words seemed kind and friendly, but were filled with sarcasm.

As the pounding bass of music started up, the crowd began to jump up and down in little waves, barely able to contain their excitement. They were, after all, about to witness an awesome showdown. Between their favorite vocalist and an unknown J. Tune trainee. Some fans, however, were concerned about you, because after all, they showed a lot of respect to Rain.

A familiar beat started up and you smirked...on the outside.

WHAT. THE. FRAPPUCCINO. WHY IS IT THIS SONG.

On the inside, you were dreading what was going to come. You set yourself up into position and let your mind force out all the thoughts and absorb the music.

Yeah, this, I’m bring it bring it let-let’s go
Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh CHANGE
Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh CHANGE
Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh CHANGE
Uh uh uh uh uh uh
Change Change Change Change CHANGE

Immediately, your body seemed to move with a mind of its own and the skills that you had practiced everyday were finally being showcased. You smiled unconsciously and let your mind roam freely. You loved the feeling of being able to show everyone every single thing you’ve been practicing endlessly for the past 4 years. The comments from the crowd were blocked from your mind, but were heard by the B2ST members.

“Isn’t that dance HyunA’s? Man, stop trying to imitate her dancing skills! She looks better doing it than you. Look at Yoseob, he’s doing his own freestyle. So cuteeeee!!”

“I thought she’d be better than that..”

All of the B2ST members couldn’t take it anymore, realizing that both Yoseob and you were too absorbed into the dancing. None of them had the guts to jump in and help you either. Finally breaking out of his cool corner, Junhyung stepped in during his rap, joining your side. He just couldn’t bear to continue looking charismatic in a corner while you were being criticised left and right.

Jakkuman shigani ga gwaenhan geokjeongman neureoga wae nan
Ireohge jinaetneunji ppeonhan maldeulman neureonwa all night

Yoseob noticed the entrance of Hyungie, instantly making a betrayed face. He pouted before shouting to you and Junhyung.

“YAH! UNFAIR!! UNFAIR~~~ TIMEOUT, TIMEOUT!”

This elicited a wave of squeals from the fangirls.

Hyunseung and Kikwang started to make their way over, seeing that Junhyung had joined. Might as well dance along, right? Sure, it was a girl type of dance, but who said guys couldn’t hip- either? B2ST looked their best doing any dance, as long as it’s in front of the people who give them love. Doojoon, seeing that he could get payback on Yoseob for eating his last piece of cake yesterday, joined in with the others. Another fangirl moment broke out.

On the other side of the stage, Dongwoon was checking his hair and make-up in a camera, not noticing that the challenge had already started.

“Eh?”

He swiveled around and almost slipped in doing so. He realized he was left out again, and composed himself while running back to where you and the others were dancing.

At first, you were so into your performance that you hadn’t noticed that most of B2ST was dancing and singing along with you. But then, you caught sight of Dongwoon rushing over and almost snapped out of your performing trance.

What the heck is happening?

You were suddenly a bit intimidated by all the fangirls watching the performance. You felt like they were emitting an aura that told you to stay away from B2ST. However, you were aware that the rest of B2ST were being backup dancers to your performance.

It might sound weird, but I feel comforted to have B2ST behind my back.

Once the song ended, you bowed, and finally took the opportunity to see where the other B2ST members were. Sure enough, they were right behind you bowing.

“Holy crap...” You accidentally said into the microphone.

Luckily, the microphone had its moment of squealing and making weird noises at that exact moment, taking a few seconds before it came to a stop.

“Uh...” You held the mic away from your face and returned it once you made sure it was safe. “Uhm. Kamsahamnida, thank you for letting me-”

“WHOAAA, waiiiiit a second there!” Yoseob announced into the microphone. You had momentarily forgot about him and was startled when you heard his voice.

“That was not fair at all. Don’t you agree, B2UTIES?” He asked the crowd for backup on his opinion.

Half of the crowd screamed yes. The other half was....well, just there. Yoseob tried to look reassured, but half of the fans weren’t even reacting. Maybe they were already fans of you?

“Hmph.”

You smiled triumphantly at Yoseob, who was shocked disappointed.

“Try to beat that.”

You finished your farewell and earned a standing ovation from half of the crowd. You then walked offstage with a colgate smile on your face, causing some of the fangirls’ boyfriends to swoon at you. Once you entered backstage, you let out a sigh of relief. You were about to put on your hoodie again, but someone grabbed your arm. You jumped.

“That. was. so. un. fair!!!!” A pouting Yoseob complained.

Doojoon went up to Yoseob and hung an arm around his shoulder.

“It’s okay, man,” Doojoon patted his back. “You’ll get over it. Oh, and by the way. If you hadn’t eaten my last slice of chocolate fudge cake yesterday, I would’ve cut you some slack on my dancing skills, but oh no no, you ended up eating it. Deserved it, Seobie!!”

 

~*~


While Dongwoon was putting the mic equipment away, Hyunseung and the others were eyeing you and Yoseob who were currently bickering about the competition, trying to imagine the perfect couple.

“Kodak perfect~~” Kikwang teased, forming a square with his fingers to encase you and Yoseob in an imaginary picture.

“Hehe, we can torment Seobie with this later!!” Junhyung commented, trying hard to hide his excitement.

“I could totally teach them the Troublemaker dance and I’m pretty sure they’ll be well suited for some attention on the headlines..” Hyunseung murmured, still deciding whether or not to befriend you.

And when Dongwoon came back, he had to step in. He hated feeling left out just because he was always doing something else, or just plainly out of it.

“Couple?” Dongwoon asked, confused.

“Yeah, aren’t they cute?!” Kikwang cooed, pointing in your direction.

“W-w-what?” Dongwoon stuttered.

The others looked at him.

“Dongwoon, why are you so flustered?” Hyunseung eyed him suspiciously.

“You--you mean, DOOJOON AND YOSEOB ARE DATING?!” He suddenly blurted.

Each of the members struck in realization that Dongwoon had no idea what they were talking about, and thought that they were talking behind Yoseob’s back.

Kikwang shot him a scary look. “ANI, YOU PABO!”

“Eh?” Dongwoon looked at the two. “But aren’t they....”

Junhyung mutedly pointed at you, who was on the other side of the hallway in the back.

“No, ______ and Yoseob.”

The other members suddenly stared at him weirdly. Since when did he start minding the love business between the other members? He never even listened to a single word about Dongwoon’s heartbreak a month ago. He even put in a comment into their conversation about you and Yoseob! Right at that awkward moment, Junhyung looked away, resorting back to his cool charismatic silence mode.

 

~*~


You on the other hand, had given up on bickering with Yoseob. Instead, you gave in to his offer: If you invited him for dinner under your pay, he’d forgive you. You walked over to the other members of B2ST to join in on their laughter. As you made way towards them, you remembered something that you told yourself you wouldn’t forget.

1. Don’t be selfish.
2. Beast isn’t yours.
3. You aren’t the only one who loves them. You aren’t #1.

You knew you had to say farewells to them, but somehow, didn’t want to. It seemed as if the three rules that you had abided by for the last years in your life didn’t matter anymore. You wanted to get to know them better, and be able to be an important person in each of their lives. But you knew you couldn’t let that happen. You couldn’t be too selfish with yourself. And there was no reason for Yoseob to forgive you.

In fact, he should just throw my name away. He’s not supposed to know me yet. But why don’t I want that to happen? You should be satisfied with what you have done already, today, ________. But why do you feel like...it’s not enough?

Not noticing that you had paused in the middle of the hallway, the others beckoned you over to their group to talk about the awesome performance you just had with them as backups. You nodded and laughed along with them, but really, you were zoned out on what they were saying, and thinking mostly about the fact that you had to say goodbye to them after the dinner you promised to Yoseob, your treat. Talents in acting, as well as singing and dancing, really pays off when you’re trying to pretend you’re listening.

“_______-ah!” You heard all of a sudden. You snapped out of your thoughts, and put on your smile.

“Yeah?”

“You weren’t replying to what we were asking you...Are you maybe too shocked to see us handsome faces in person?” Doojoon teased.

“Y-yah! Of c-course not!” You replied.

“Ooh, she’s stuttering!!” Kikwang exclaimed.

Your face turned red and you looked away.

“Hey, no, sorry, they didn’t mean that.” Dongwoon apologized to you, gently reaching out for your arm to turn you around. “They just like teasing girls.”

“Yah! Hyungs, say sorry!” Dongwoon scolded the others, who were playfully mimicking Dongwoon’s gestures.

“Aish, okay okay. I’ll take responsibility for these idiots of mine.” Junhyung stepped up from behind. “What kind of apology do you want?”

You blinked and stared blankly at him.

“What...kind?” You asked, terribly confused.

“Yeah...like, a kiss on the cheek? A coffee, my treat? Ice-cream?” He asked you.

You suddenly felt like you were being treated like an annoying fan. Like one of those fans that were bothering him so much, that he wanted to shoo them away. You were disappointed, but tried not to show it. Of course, you’re their fan. That’s why you were at their fanmeeting in the first place. You nodded, thought for a while, and replied.

“I want you to freestyle a rap to me about today.” You told him loud and clear.

Junhyung looked at you weirdly.

“A freestyle rap about today?” He said unsure if he just heard right. “You sure you don’t want a kiss on the cheek or something? I don’t give both, you know.” He smirked.

“Pretty sure I said a freestyle rap. Or maybe you want to take back your responsibility for your members?” You fired back.

“Hey, I’m one responsible man. What do you take me for?” He half smiled, before clearing his throat.

 

I had a fanmeeting today,

For Fact and Fiction,

And no doubt about it,

It was every fan’s addiction;

Then B2ST met someone.

It was nice meeting a trainee,

You were quite the talent,

Someone who took their interest,

Though the fans all thought, “Who is she?”;

You showed up as a shy girl,

Was nothing but a fan,

But that transformation on stage, girl,

You were the strawberry in that chocolate swirl;

It all started with you and your appearance,

It took all of our effort to give you our reassurance;

And despite Yoseob’s vocals,

You were one of the best I’ve seen,

You were amazing,

Especially if you add up all the totals;

Luckily for us, you agreed,

That upon becoming acquaintances,

Friends we’d be,

To visit our dorm tomorrow at three;

To get to know you more,

During your shift,

We will wait for you outside of your store.”


You smiled, admiring Junhyung’s freestyle rapping skills. Until...Whoa, whoa whoa. Wait a second. Meeting at three at their dorm and waiting outside of my store?! You thought perplexed. Since when did you agree to such a thing? Then you remembered. The time you zoned out...

 

~*~


 

“Hey, _____, wanna go visit our dorm tomorrow?” Doojoon asked.

“PLEASEE!!!” Kikwang begged.

“I have cookies.” Hyunseung stated.

Yoseob stood to the side stealing glances at you.

“...Sure.” You replied with a smile. “When?”


 

~*~


You mentally slapped yourself.

This is what happens when you don’t pay attention to conversations.

You then thought of something, that you normally would never have thought of before, until you met B2ST in real life, dancing with them, singing with them, talking with them face to face.

It wouldn’t exactly be considered selfish if they were the ones who asked me to go to their dorm, would it?

“So see you tomorrow, we’ve got to get going~” Junhyung said, interrupting your thoughts. You smiled in relief. You hated thinking more selfishly than normal.

Junhyung walked over to B2ST’s manager to check their schedule. “Unless you want to have dinner with us?” He looked over to you with a questioning look on his face.

“Ah, no, it’s fine, you don’t need to invite me to dinner.” You shook your head from side to side although you secretly preferred eating dinner with B2ST than just Yoseob. One by one, the members left, thinking about their food.

Well, almost all of them. Yoseob stayed behind, saying that he was looking for his phone. As soon as they were out of sight, he spoke up.

“Where are we going for dinner?”

“Eh?” You thought for a while. “I..don’t know..?”

He looked at you expectantly.

“Uhm, Yoseob..?”

“Yah, don’t act all shy around me. It gives me the creeps, you know.” Yoseob retorted.

“Okay, okay, okay. I’ll get to the point. I...don’t want to eat dinner with you.”

“...What...?” He asked incredulously. “You. Don’t want to eat dinner with ME?”

“Uhm, yeah, that’s pretty much..it...” You replied hesitantly.

He scoffed to hide the fact that he was a bit hurt.

“Well, that’s no matter. I just won’t...forgive you...then..” He turned to face you.

You nodded. Putting on your sunglasses, you confidently walked out of the staging facility, not bothering to look back at him. You wouldn’t see him again anyway.

 

~*~


You parked your new silver Prius down the street, before walking up to Se7en’s chicken store. Being best friends with Se7en was sometimes a benefit when it came down to forgetting your wallet. In which cases, today happened to be the day. You walked into the store, the doors closing behind you. The doorbell rang, indicating a customer had entered. You were a regular customer, so as usual, the other customers all greeted you happily.

“Aigoo, _____, can you sing that Milyang Arirang song we told you to sing last time again?” One of your favorite ahjummas asked.

A little boy toddled up to you after you sang the song to the ahjumma earning applause. He tugged on your sleeve. You bent down and said hi.

“Annyeong~” You patted the boy’s head. He giggled and took your hand, leading you to the counter.

“HYUNG!!!” He shouted. You were about to tell him not to be so loud in a store, until Se7en popped up from the counter.

The little boy jumped up and down in excitement.

“HYUNGGGG~~~<3” He jumped up and hugged Se7en tightly.

“Ai--aiish~” Se7en tried pulling the little boy off of him but he wouldn’t budge. Se7en sighed, and without a choice, pried the little boy off.

“Choi Min Hyuk. You do this one more time, I’m sending you back to mommy’s house for the night.” Se7en scolded him.

“Wookie!!!” You exclaimed, interrupting Dong Wook’s scolding.

“Hey, ________! Have you met my brother yet? His name is Choi Min Hyuk. Yah, Min Hyuk, say hi to noona!”

“Annyeonghaseyo, _______ noona! My hyung talks about you all the time!! Guess what he told me last time? He was there at Beast’s fan meeting and he said you were really ----mffpregsnjlkagy!!!” Min Hyuk struggled as Dong Wook covered his mouth with his hand.

“Ehehehe, so, _________, what are you here for?” He asked you, changing subjects away from his squirming brother. His voice raised, trying to cover the muffles of his brother.

You laughed.

“You have no schedule today? Oh man, I thought Se7en was a busy guy!”

“Yah. Don’t pull that attitude on me, I’m still your oppa!” Wook complained.

“Araso, araso.” You replied happily.

“So, what’s the reason you’re here?”

“To see you of course!” You exclaimed with enthusiasm.

“Let me rephrase that question. What’s the real reason you’re here?” He emphasized.

You loved it when Se7en proved you wrong. One cool thing about being best childhood buddies was the fact that you knew everything about each other, and it was fun to see through a person’s lies. Of course, sometimes it was a disadvantage for you.

“...Wookieeeeee, I forgot my wallet again. Mind if I stay and eat?” You pouted, pleading Dong Wook. You had finally given up on acting like you came to visit him.

“Of course. We’ll be at your service any time, remember?” Se7en laughed, before getting up.

“Be right back with your favorite dishes~” He told you, making eye contact.

You smiled, grabbing his hand.

“Hey, thanks.” You thanked him sincerely.

He grinned, putting his arm around you and letting his brother go.

“No problem; Best friends forever, right?” He high-fived you.

His brother immediately went to your side after being released and hugged you. You looked down at him.

“Since hyung likes you, I like you too!!!” He squealed, hugging you tightly.

You blinked a couple times.

“E-eh?”

You looked back up at Dong Wook. He looked away awkwardly.

“He just means that I like you a lot...as in, a friend, hahaha -- Don’t think too much of it.” He gave you his killer smile, before heading back into the kitchen to prepare your favorite dishes.

You watched him walk into the kitchen, and smiled. You knew that Wook always got your back no matter what happened. You’d be able to rely on him anytime.

“Noona. Do you like hyung?” Min Hyuk asked curiously, now pulling on the edge of your shirt.

“Uhm..” You hesitated. Not sure whether or not to answer this, you shy away, telling Min Hyuk that a new customer is here and that he should greet him.

“Neh!” He exclaimed, running off to the door.

“AHHHH!!!” Min Hyuk screamed.

You were about to walk to the front door to apologize to the customer for Min Hyuk screaming until you heard the second part of Min Hyuk’s sentence.

“It’s YOSEOB HYUNG!!!”

You froze dead in your tracks.

Woohoo, time to hide. ________, why do you always get yourself into the worst situations?

You ran to the counter where the cash register was located and hid under the desk. As Dong Wook walked out of the kitchen with your favorite dishes, you pointed at the door furiously, trying to get him to understand why you were under the counter. He looked at you questioningly before taking a glance at the door. He held in a laugh. You glared.

“Hey, man. Lead vocalist of B2ST, what can I get for you?” Se7en joked.

“Yah, I told you to stop calling me that,” Yoseob joked back, though he looked a bit out of it.

“Dude, what’s the problem? Something go wrong during schedule today?” Se7en asked worriedly. He and Yoseob were best friends, though he’s not as close to Yoseob as he is to you.

“Some girl, she was a big fan of ours, I think I shooed her away...” He mumbled dejectedly.

“A girl? Did she have dark brown eyes, black long hair, and big framed glasses?” Se7en asked obliviously.

“Yes, she did and her hair was a bit wavy toda--wait, do you KNOW HER?” Yoseob freaked.

“Hm. No. I was just guessing.”

He coughed and looked down naturally, enjoying every moment of this. Your facial expression made him want to burst out laughing but he kept it in.

Yoseob sighed again. You leaned against the side under the counter, a bit worried for Yoseob now. Did it really matter this much to him that you left? It made you really want to just jump out from under the counter, confess that you were there, and make a run for it. But of course, you didn’t. Yoseob started talking again. You leaned back to listen.

“Dong Wook...?” He started.

“At your service.” Se7en smiled.

“Do you have a schedule tomorrow?”

“Nope, no schedule. Took a 2 day break, you know? Idols need breaks once in a while, and this break, I reserved 2 years ago on the calendar.”

“Uhmm...well, can I stay over tonight and hang out with you tomorrow?”

Se7en groaned inwardly. He was planning to stay up playing Starcraft tonight.

“But don’t you have a sched--”

“Are you trying to shoo me away?” Yoseob asked bluntly.

“No, no OF COURSE NOT!” Se7en emphasized. He shook his head no, and finally agreed to let Yoseob stay the night. While Yoseob went to get his stuff from his car, and who knows why he brings his luggage with him, Se7en peeked down under the counter and helped you up.

“Yah, you are so dead once Yoseob leaves.” Se7en scolded you.

“No, you’re making me stay here for a NIGHT, and HIDE from YOSEOB?!” You whispered unbelievingly. “And there’s NOWHERE to sleep and I don’t bring my necessities around like this Yoseob guy does here!!”

Se7en laughed. “My sister’s clothes are still here, and you can sleep in my room.”

“SHARE A ROOM WITH YOU?!” You almost yelled.

“Or would you rather let Yoseob find you and you can be all lovey dovey with him?” Se7en offered, giving you a disgusted look.

“OKAY, I’M SHARING A ROOM WITH YOU.” You officially announced, shuddering at the fact that Yoseob would find you here. Who knows what he’d do if he found you hiding out at Se7en’s place too?

“Okay, go get ready for bed. You know where my room is. See you in a second, after I get Yoseob settled.” Se7en told you, guiding you off.

You nodded, listening to Se7en obediently, and headed off to the bedroom. Once you went inside, you plopped down onto the bed and sighed. This was going to be a long night.

                                                                                                                                  ~*~

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, and I rushed the ending of the chapter T-T, I promise to continue improving :D I hope you continue supporting, subscribing and commenting to our stories! 

<3,

Kpopchicken & K_I_M_C_H_I

P.S. You may not end up with Yoseob, but may end up with other members of B2ST, Se7en, or other Kpop stars! A poll will be held near the end of the story so I can see what star the majority wants to end up with. Again, thanks for stopping by and reading!

 



Question: What's your favorite OTP? [Recently, I've been reading a lot of Hunhan, Kray, and Hogyu...xD]