I Love You Maybe

Only A Fan

Previous Chapter:

“Sorry, Hanbyul. The door doesn’t seem to be working, so I’ll have to go call a security guard. We’ll be back soon!” Yoseob said sweetly, walking away. “Just put your trust in us. You’ll be out of there soon.”

 

“Maybe tomorrow morning would be the latest...” Yoseob quietly muttered, thinking to himself.

 

The rest of the Beast members followed Yoseob as he walked off, silently cackling at their mischievous main vocalist.

 

“I swear it pays off to be this guy’s best friend.” Kikwang said pointing at Yoseob as they left, leaving the dressing room locked. “He’s the most entertaining guy I’ve ever met.”

 

“I completely agree.” Junhyung smirked, swinging an arm around Yoseob’s shoulder. “I’d do that again any day.”

 

{I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU.}

 

Chapter 15:

{I...love you.}

 


 

“I have to go with Jay somewhere, so when Yoseob tells you guys to do something, just listen to him, araso? Believe me, this is the ONLY time I’m going to ask you to listen to what Yoseob tells you to do.”

 

Doojoon chuckled. “Got it, hyung. Rest assured.”

 

“Thanks, Joonie.”

 

Seven then turned his attention to you. “Jay, I have something to tell you.”

 

“What is it?” You asked somewhat nervously. “It’s nothing...bad, is it?”

 

“Well...depends on your interpretation, I guess,” Seven replied awkwardly, not knowing how to reply. “You’ll have to ditch them and follow me though.”

 

With that, he let go of the grip on your wrist. You were a bit disappointed but that feeling quickly left when his hand slid down and intertwined fingers with yours. He held onto your hand and made a run for it, leading you away from everyone else. In the distance, you could hear the faint lock of a dressing room door and the banging of someone trying to get out.

 

I wonder what that is..You thought, feeling suspicious. However, you quickly forgot about it as you felt Seven’s hand squeeze yours. You felt a jolt of electricity run through your arm. Your hand in his felt right for an unknown reason, and your heart suddenly fluttered, throwing you off guard. W-what the hell was that...?

 

You kept your eyes on Seven’s back and noticed for the first time just how manly he looked from where you were running behind him. When he turned around and asked if you were okay, you frantically nodded and blushed.

 


 

~*~

Seven’s P.O.V.

 

I decided to lead Jay somewhere where there wouldn’t be many people. After all, what I was going to tell her was something I didn’t want many people to know. As I kept running, holding onto Jay’s hand, I began to wonder whether my true feelings for her would affect her negatively. If it would, it obviously would be better not to confess.

 

What if she really did start to develop feelings for Yoseob? What if I’m blocking Yoseob from pursuing Jay?

 

That feeling seemed to overwhelm the tingle of happiness I first felt when I intertwined my fingers with hers. A lot of thoughts ran through my mind before I arrived in one of the empty practice rooms in the building and opened the door.

 

I pulled her inside and shut the door close, locking the door just in case. Jay must’ve saw that action as weird, seeing that she cringed a bit hearing the door click. She looked to me as if she was uncomfortable being in a room, just me and her alone. I remembered to keep my distance since I was sure that if I were a few steps closer, she would’ve began to back away from me.

 

I could already imagine her answer to my confession, telling me that I was just an oppa to her and I would never be more. That she would never be able to look at me as a man. I somewhat knew that was all she saw me as, considering she didn’t have any type of reaction to our close skinship, even as we both got older.

 

Just the thought of her view towards me made myself lose all confidence I thought I had gained a few minutes ago. Although Yoseob’s words of encouragement ran through my mind, I couldn’t seem to make any sense of it and I felt like letting it all go.

 

“Oppa...kwenchana?” Jay asked, breaking the silence.

 

There had been a few minutes of quiet as the two of us listened to the sounds of each other’s breathing and nothing more. I managed to give her a small smile as I stood up from the mirror wall I was leaning on.

 

"Don't worry, I'm fine." I lied.

 

I was surprised myself, at how smoothly those words came out of my mouth. I faltered. What was I supposed to tell her? That I was faking it all to get her attention? That I was trying to let go of my feelings for her?

 

"About Hanbyul...”

 

She waited for me to speak, and for that I was pretty thankful. Without knowing what to say, I just went with whatever came out of my mouth.

 

“I bumped into her before my performance at the grocery store.” I started, “She insisted she was my girlfriend, and I figured it would be better if I looked like I had a girlfriend in front of you.”

 

I sheepishly smiled. “These days, you seemed to be getting along well with Yoseob and I thought it might be uncomfortable for you to get together with him if you’re with me all the time...Besides, Yoseob’s a good guy. You’ll find yourself not regretting getting together with him when you start dating him!”

 

Too scared to gauge her reaction, I pulled two movie tickets out of my pockets and walked over to her. She didn’t back away and I took the moment to grab ahold of her hands. Her eyes widened for a few seconds, and I quickly spoke so she wouldn’t misunderstand.

 

“I was originally planning to watch this with y_” I cut myself off.

 

I was really about to tell her that I bought these to watch with her? I must really be out of my mind...

 

“Here.” I said. I pressed the two movie tickets into the palms of her hands while staring into her eyes.

 

It was the last time I would be standing this close with her. I was sure this would be my last. The last present I could ever ask for would at least be to stare at her a little longer, feel the warmth of her hands one last time. Her heart would eventually belong to someone else tomorrow, anyway.

 

“I bought these so you could watch the new movie premiere tonight with Yoseob.” I said quietly, giving her a slight smile.  “‘No Breathing’, right? I know you were waiting for the movie for a while.”

 

“H-how did you know?” She finally asked, staring back at me.

 

I fought the urge to lose myself and just confess at that exact moment. Instead, I winked at her.

 

“Of course oppa has to know at least this much after knowing you for almost ten plus years; you’re in love with Jongsuk oppa, aren’t you?” I joked around as naturally as possible.

 

Jay smiled at me and I felt my smile slowly fade away as hers grew.

 

“Komowo, oppa! I’ll use these for free then!” She waved the tickets in the air with her left hand and I nodded.

 

“Go ahead. My treat.” I said. I let go of her hand and took a few steps back. “I have to go meet with my manager soon, so I’ll see you later, araso?”

 

“Neh!” Jay said grinning. “Saranghaeyo, oppa!”

 

She hugged me immediately, throwing me a bit off guard, but I hesitantly hugged her back.

 

“Nado...me too.” I said quietly, before I pulled away.

 

“I’m going now, so go meet up with the other Beast members before they leave!” I said hastily, backing out towards the door.

 

Before hearing Jay’s reply, I walked over to the door and unlocked it. I swung the door open, and left the room as quickly as I came. Once I was in the hallway, I broke into a run out of the building, as far away from the practice room as my legs could take me.

 

~*~

You stood there in silence, listening to Dongwook’s deep breaths echo in the practice room.

 

What does Dongwook want to tell me?

 

You waited for what seemed like hours and was about to lose your patience. You jumped slightly though, as Dongwook got up from his leaning position by the mirror wall and walked a bit closer to you. Unconsciously you took a couple of steps backwards, and as you were doing so, caught the alarmed look on Dongwook’s face. You immediately froze in place. For some reason, something made you want him to move a little closer, so you could feel him near you. You quickly shook off the thought. What was wrong with you today? You immediately blushed as you remembered the grip of Seven’s hand on yours as you both ran through the hallways just minutes ago. You felt yourself try to remember what it felt like, to have his hand over yours, warm and secure. Your hands craved the sense of security again.

 

You turned your attention away from your hands and focused your attention on Dongwook. You noticed that he was biting his lip ever so slightly, and the nails that he dug into his flesh were threatening to break through the skin of his hands, making marks on his milky white skin.

 

“Oppa....kwenchana?” You asked immediately, worried about his behavior.

 

You breathed a sigh of relief as he showed signs of movement and got up from his position leaning on the wall opposite to you. However, that feeling of relief left you as soon as the word “Hanbyul” came out of his mouth.

 

He told you that she wasn’t his real girlfriend.

 

You were happy.

 

He told you he wanted to make sure you weren’t uncomfortable when you went out with Yoseob.

 

W...what?

 

He told you Yoseob was a good guy. Someone you wouldn’t regret meeting.

 

But I don’t regret meeting you either, Wook...

 

Your hopes perked up a bit when you thought he was about to say he bought movie tickets for the both of you to watch together. If he had said that, you wouldn’t have cared what movie he picked. But sadly that wasn't the case.

 

He changed his mind at the last minute, and said it was for the hope of love between Yoseob and you. Even worse, he picked the movie you’ve been wanting to watch the most, "No Breathing", but you didn't watch it yet, even though it came out a few days ago...you had been waiting for Dongwook to invite you to watch it together like he usually does every time a movie you were anticipating for came out.

 

Why?

 

You weren’t sure.

 

All you knew was that, the moment Seven left after giving you the movie tickets, the moment you thanked him happily and said you’d watch it with someone, you felt an emptiness next to you, an emptiness that was filled just a moment ago. You weren’t supposed to feel it when Dongwook left. This was the first time. It was as if...

 

As if he was prepared to leave and never see you again.

 

Suddenly, you felt unprepared, not ready to see him leave, not ready to let him go.

 

{Maybe I love you.}

 

~*~

A/N:

(bows 90 degrees to the readers)

I am SO SORRY for the late update. Like, no joke. I would like to present to you thousands of excuses all going back to one main topic (school), but figured it would be best if I just blamed myself, he..he...^-^””” Anyhow, hope you somehow enjoyed the chapter!! I wonder what’s coming next...I sense a flame igniting...in...someone’s heart...>-> xD

Love,

Author

 

Public chat for all Kpopchicken Fanfic readers (there are updates on new chapters and whatnot; feel free to share ideas and comments/recommendations on upcoming chapters with me! I'll be sure to read them all~): kpopchickenaff.chatango.com