#34 Joshua x Mingyu

1377 (BTOBTSVT OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Joshua (Hong Jisoo) x Kim Mingyu

P.O.V: Third person view.

Prompt : My mom called asked if I had a boyfriend and I lied saying one and I described you a stranger and you heard me and I’m freaking out because you’re approaching me.

He has no idea how many times he does it but he is very sure it is becoming an unhealthy habit if he keeps it for the rest of his life. Brows which are almost connected to its centre are a sign to his distress after a hectic day, working and pushing to his limit. They say he is there in the company as easy as one would snap their fingers. If only they know his father who is in fact the owner of the company he is working in is unlike any father he stumbled upon.

“Hey Josh, by any chances you have seen the new movie? I have predicted the boredom knocking on my door if you decline my invitation.” The recognisable face owned by his colleague popping by his right side starts to stare, waiting for a verbal answer. Maybe it is due to the fact the guy he is attempting to invite is the ever-so-busy, Joshua Hong.

“Unless you state the name of the movie, maybe I’ll consider it, Hosh.”

“Well, I have nothing specific. I just want to watch something. My girlfriend will be busy for the weekend.” Kwon Soonyoung or otherwise known throughout the office as Hoshi told Joshua as he glances pass the older male’s shoulder only to see his computer screen packed with words and numbers that he knows many are not fond off. “Do you need extra hand? You look like you need them.”

“Oh, this is nothing.” Joshua assured before rubbing his forehead as a way to make the creases formed disappear. “It is not the job messing my head up.”

Truly, it is not the job, tasks, assignments, and whatever they call them nowadays that are screwing his mind, leading him to his endless sighing which brought worry to Soonyoung after constantly hearing them for the last couple of hours. He is not much of a help when it comes to genuine troubles harbouring in the fellow’s mind but he at least makes an effort to help.

“Take a break, Josh. It is almost time to punch out anyway.” The friendly advice came out casually before entering the other’s ears. The thing about it, the problem does not cross out that easily by taking short breaks. Not that Joshua does them often seeing that it will only make the office workers labelling him in a negative way. That is definitely not something he wanted people to think. Nonetheless, it does not stop Joshua from being the first one to stand by the biometric attendance system stuck against wall where the exit is. Once he clocked out for the day, he immediately makes his way down the street.

Both of his hands are quite preoccupied. While one is holding his briefcase, the other is busy replying to Soonyoung’s text, who is still persistent in dragging him out for a movie date. Joshua groans when he read the two words. Oh, Kwon Hoshi, if only you knew, will you still be his friend?

He is not in his homeland. The idea of being attracted to the same gender is still relatively new to the people in this particular country he is roaming in. Most of them chose to keep it a secret until the wave seemingly splashing on the brighter side. Though a number of his friends (which are not many to start with) came out with ease, he is not as brave as his friends. The only one who apparently knows about it is... his mother.

She is too accepting? Is that the wrong thing to do? But Joshua finds it a tad disturbing to hear his mother saying ‘alright’ and such before engulfing him into a tight hug. Probably it is because he is the only son she has and if that makes him happy then she has no choice but to say yes.

The soft twinkling chimes disrupt his train of thoughts after pushing the glass door of a restaurant thus bringing him back to reality. It takes about ten minutes to accept to Soonyoung’s offer. He figured he has no plan made for the weekends aside typing out additional reports he brought home from work. That is the single reason of the briefcase existence.

Joshua ordered his usual dinner. He cannot be bothered to skim the array of food written on the blackboard behind the person standing by the cashier. After the payment is done, he quickly walks to the outdoor section of the restaurant where he preferred to be sitting. To see an empty chair adjacent to him is to be expected yet he cannot help himself but to form a pity smile.

“Why can’t I just go out and have an actual girlfriend like Hoshi? That will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter