#10 Ilhoon x Eunkwang

1377 (BTOBTSVT OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Jung Ilhoon x Seo Eunkwang

P.O.V: Third person view.

Prompt: I’m a photography student and the light was just shining off your hair so perfectly I just had to take a picture and now you’ve found it online, I’m in trouble now.

“I’m in trouble.”

Oh wow, what a nice sentence to start the day. A male voiced as his head meets with the desk he seated in the class he is attending. His mind begins to run down the lane of memories he picked up in the past on the matter. He cannot say no to the assignment given. Not when it is a part of the sixty percent task he has to earn in order to pass the subject that semester. And it is his final year too. Very convenient, he thought.

“It’s not the end of the world. Should we go out and find something to do about it then?” Someone suggested to him, Jung Ilhoon sighs after lifting his head off the table to eye on his friend by his side. You’re lucky it is something you love to do, Park Jimin. Why cannot he have the same passion as him? It will make his situation easier. “I don’t feel like holding my camera anymore.”

The life of a photography student – it is only logic to see them walking around the campus with the DSLR straps on their shoulders or around the neck. Good moments come by chance; their lecturer once said so that is why they chose to bring it everywhere, every time. Well, with Ilhoon as an exception. He preferred using his phone for some reasons unbeknown to him. Why he decided to take the subject as an elective to add on his credits is still unknown too.

“I’m more of a scenery-person, you know that right?” He questioned and sees the other nods understandingly. “You have to be a person-person now. It’s about time for your blog to have life anyway.”

His blog. He is right. He almost forgotten the particular assignment they have to make a blog and let’s clear things out, Ilhoon’s blog is mostly pictures of the sea, sky, forest, and other random panorama of his solo trip around the country. He wanted the full sixty if it is possible and the challenge comes in a form of strict criteria in order to snatch the A in amazing photographs. ‘Mzing photogrphs’ does not sound so amazing now does it?

“I’m slowly starting to regret this now. The last time I tried to take a picture of a person, they noticed there’s a camera aiming at them. Before I know it, I’m already running.” Jimin lightly laughed upon recalling the bit of memory seeing that he witnessed it from afar. He never saw Ilhoon ran so fast in the length of their friendship.

“Why didn’t you ask help from Sungjae again?”

“That kid is busy with shooting for God who knows what. That is what I get from having a famous actor a roommate if you’re wondering.” There goes another set of laughter again and to be pissed is not an option anymore. It is a must have. “Sorry and I’m sorry for you. How about Hyunsik?”

“Why are you listing my friends who are inconveniently busy until the end of this semester? Why don’t you list yours so I can steal a few?” Ilhoon spoke in slightly annoyed manner yet he cannot stay in that state longer in front of the younger fellow. “Well, Seokjin is preoccupied by his theatre stuff. Namjoon is my main subject so I will not let you steal him. How about Jungkook?”

“I’ll pass.” No offence should be taken. He love working with the male as they did pair up once but Jungkook has a very different working pace than him so he rather not. Besides, he is in the same class as them too. “You’ll ace the task anyway. You take nice pictures. Just not humans.”

“Thanks, Jimin. I need that.” He sincerely accepted the compliment as they walk out of the hall with distinct feeling on the assignment given to them. His brain is still figuring if he should use Jimin’s strategy by having Namjoon as the only one human subject or should he just go around town and randomly shoot anything out of fascination? The second one sounded more appealing too.

Ilhoon’s train of thoughts halt when he feels his phone vibrated in his pocket. It has been like that throughout the class but he did not have the right time to check it out. He probably has to turn off the notification of his blog app if it kept on vibrating. It is making him uncomfortable.

“Who is this, really?” He asked to no one in particular as he scrolls the notification feed of the blog he created for his assignment.

He should not be surprised by people liking his photos and time-lapses he managed to upload. Most of them are just from his circle of friends and close family members. Occasionally strangers came up too but it is mostly spam accounts and very random. However, this one is an exception.

The circular icon is a photo of a penguin doll wearing rectangular shaped glasses. Very unique if Ilhoon wants to add a comment on it yet to see this person constantly leaving likes on every single post he shared on the blog makes him curious. Is he really appreciating his work or this fellow just happened to be bored and chose to scroll until the end of his blog? Priority, he reminds himself again once he chucks the phone back into his pocket.

“Where do I even start? What should I even do? Why must it be a life photo? Trees are living things too. Don’t they learn that in Science?” Ilhoon spoke questioningly to random passersby who are throwing glares at him by talking alone. The campus beginning to fill with students of his age, younger and older alike as lunch hour is arriving welcomingly.

Even though he is complaining on his lecturer’s choice of assignment, he still manages to swing by his dormitory to grab his camera before leaving the vacant room at once, again for the day. Out of willingness to do his best fortunately, there he goes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter