#36 Eunkwang x Leejang

1377 (BTOBTSVT OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Seo Eunkwang x Leejang (that one backup dancer who carried Kwangshina off the table)

P.O.V:  Third person view.

Prompt: "I gave you the most heartfelt love letter, but you gave it back to me with spelling and punctuation corrections?!"

Oh, wow. This is sure nerve-wrecking. Am I supposed to feel like this? Well then, it’s too late to back out. Unless I find a way to delay the time. Nah, I shouldn’t. Yeah, I shouldn’t even do this. Way to go, Seo Eunkwang.

The named male fights against himself in the brain. The crowded afternoon hallway in the faculty does not seem to ease the tension bundling on his shoulders. In fact, it just makes his wired mind a lot more twisted in the craziest manner. His hands are shaking slightly due to the anxiousness harbouring over his consciousness. The feeling is worse than the day he had to perform in front of random people for the talent show which actually was not even bad. He was simply a tad embarrassed.

“Yah, are you coming? We’re getting lunch outside.” Eunkwang heard the familiar voice owned by his friend reaching his ears, snapping him off his train of thoughts. “That’s a good idea. But where?” He questioned the fellow who merely shrugged before turning his attention away and asks the others. Without any time further wasted, Eunkwang leaves the campus ground.

It is a relatively short trip out seeing that they still have a couple of leftover classes they have to attend after lunch. The warm local restaurant stood three blocks from the university is the best bet to make it through the last bit of chilly winter air surrounding them. Claiming a table is not as easy as it was to walk there since it was already packed with workers and other students alike. Nonetheless, they are glad there are only four of them and not more.

“Did you do it?” Lee Changsub being one out of three friends who tagged along instantly spoke once they made their respective orders. Eying on Eunkwang in keen, the other two, Lim Hyunsik and Lee Minhyuk follow along. “It’s about time.” Minhyuk uttered, chuckled softly while he can.

“Do what?” Eunkwang’s gaze fixed on the man sitting across him, brows furrowed in genuine confusion. “We found you standing in the middle of the hallway staring at who-knows-where. You finally did it, weren’t you? The letter.” Changsub cheekily stated and a tiny smirk already formed on his lips.

“He finally be a man and confessed? That’s great!” Hyunsik added on after catching up with discussion with a wide smile. “Well, he already is. There’s no need to stoop down that low on him. We’re here to provide emotional support.” Minhyuk said casually before finally letting out the laugh he had been holding onto.

“I know it! It was a bad idea letting you know my plan.” Eunkwang’s shoulders deflate, showcasing a hint of regret to go with his honest sentence. His body is slowly sliding off the chair. If he lets himself go down even more, might as well hide underneath the table.

Long story short, the fellow central subject of the day, Eunkwang has this crush on a particular man from another class. He cannot recall which class since he was not attending any of those. He knew the fellow during the so-called talent show day. And it was embarrassing, he said, right? To him it was. To his friends, it was an opportunity.

Conveniently enough, Changsub happened to share a number of classes with the man. He was definitely not even a close acquaintance with the other. To prove on that fact, Changsub, Hyunsik, Minhyuk, and Eunkwang himself only know the fellow as Leejang – the swift and graceful member of a dance club in the university.

“Hey, whatever happens, don’t forget to tell us after this. This is one fine tea.” Minhyuk said before high-fiving Changsub after saying so. Rolling his eyes at his friends’ antics, Eunkwang pushes the nervousness bottled up in the back of his mind off. Thanks to Hyunsik however, the topic changes to something more general and away from Eunkwang’s confession.

The frustration comes again later in the evening, to his dismay. It takes time for him to realise something. How can he know that Leejang already read his letter? He did not write his full name. He remembered jotting his initials on the bottom of the paper. There can be anyone who goes by ‘SEK’ for their initials. Way to go again, Seo Eunkwang.

He cannot pay full attention the day’s lesson on music history. All he can hear is the professor mentioning names of famous musicians and their respective eras. Other than that, he cannot engrave them in his brain. Not when something else is occupying them. He hated the feeling more than ever now. At least his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter