#05 Minhyuk x Eunkwang

1377 (BTOBTSVT OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Lee Minhyuk x Seo Eunkwang

P.O.V: Third person view.

Prompt : We live in the adjacent apartments and our bedrooms are on opposite sides of a very thin wall. One night I heard you crying and talked to you through the wall.

Living a calm and quiet life, isolated from the bustling noise pollution coming from the city centre has always been in his nonexistent bucket list. There he can do plenty of productive activities without being judge by his tiny circle of friends like designing for a play as it is his job from the start. So far, he receives only positive feedback from the Artistic Director and he preferred to keep it that way. To be fair, the script came on his desk was anything but difficult.

However, ‘difficult’ appears to come in a form of a new neighbour. For a good one year of staying at the townhouse and conveniently having a couple of understanding next door neighbour, let’s just say, Lee Minhyuk does not expect to welcome a relatively loud neighbour.

A week already past rather quickly in his opinion yet there is something about the person on the other side of his workspace (or his bedroom to be precise) intrigues him. He might have heard a couple of familiar faces occupying the houses above them complaining about the new addition in their area. Strangely enough, he does not seem bothered as he knows the fellow’s routine by now. He got the name, Seo Eunkwang was it? He hopes he learned it right.

In those span of a week, numerous number of songs would pass through the thin wall they shared as a border. Other than the name, Minhyuk learned the male is a freelance performer, searching for an actual job to properly sustain the rest of his life. Hence, the singing in the mornings had naturally become Minhyuk’s alarm clock although he literally slept at three.

The two neighbours rarely bump onto each other. They are on the same track interest and career track wise. While Minhyuk seems the one working behind the curtains, Eunkwang sounds like someone deserves the spotlight. Minhyuk wishes he has the time to talk with the other since he will make an excellent musical performer. Unfortunately, there is no casting call for that just yet.

“Minhyuk, I think we’re in trouble.” One of the stage workers came up to the Scenic Designer during a pre-production of an upcoming theatre in two weeks. Glancing up to the worker, he questions, “What kind of trouble?” As a return to that, he sees himself looking up on a printed schematic of the stage.

“You know how we’re supposed to carve the plywood like the ones you drew but I think the carver did it wrongly and now we don’t have extra to make another.”

He has a couple probably back at his house, Minhyuk thought and he did not remember the reason why it was there. It might be excess from the previous production where he actually had to sketch some sort of flowery design on them. He calls for his assistant and immediately passes the clipboard to the fellow before making his leave.

“How am I supposed to bring this?” The man muttered while scratching his head. His mode of transportation is two-wheeled so there is no way he can drag the plywood on the road. He cannot lift the thing on his own either. He should have brought someone with a car along. After sighing, he managed to pull the object out of his room for it to stand by the opened door leading to the hallway.

“Do you need help with that?” A recognisable voice he used to hear next door entered his consciousness as he was deep in thought. Eunkwang is dressed casually in simple t-shirt and sweatpants, probably ready for his daily workout session. “Do you have a car?” Minhyuk quickly asked without any delay because he needs all the hands he can get at the moment.

“Sometimes I forgot I have someone like you living next door.” Eunkwang spoke as he gently taps the steering wheel to the rhythm of the latest song coming from the radio. “That’s fair. I don’t go out as much other than for work or food.”

“I must have been a bad neighbour though. The people upstairs always told me to keep quiet but not you who technically on the other side.”

“They wouldn’t understand if you explain it anyway. I got some complains in the past from bringing work to home. Never thought how the thin the walls were until they screamed on my faces saying the drilling needs to stop.”

Eunkwang laughs and it makes Minhyuk smiles. He is glad there is one person who realizes his job can be a mess, physically and mentally. He still brought home some of the work but kept the noise at a minimum during the nights, noting that he could always soundproofed the room with acoustic foam panels plastered on the walls.

“Whoa,” His neighbour gapes at the surrounding of a busy stage in the making. Since he is the kind to stand on stage after it is completely secure and safe, it amazes him as he scans the swift and careful movement of stagehands all over the place. He is too fascinated to hear Minhyuk calling his name.

“Hey, you don’t have to stay here anymore, you know that right?”

“Yeah, I know. It’s just that this is the first time I see the pre-production teams working their magic, I suppose. I respect.” Eunkwang salutes at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter