009: Pre-Valentines

Juniors’ Society
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junior's Society
009: Pre-Valentines

3rd Person’s POV

Seungyeon’s disgusted – the student council decorated her clubroom with hearts and balloons and reds – ugh, the hate that flows in her veins right now is on its peak. And frankly, too, not everyone’s happy to see cupids and hearts flying around. Even those who are dating are pretty pissed, too. “Whoever invented cupids with hearts should go to hell.” Sooyoung massaged her temples as she opened her locker. She’s disgusted.

“What more if you’re not dating, right?” Hayoung slammed the locker and headed for the sofa bed. Sooyoung soon joined her without hesitation as the room began getting flocked by the members – the “official” club president, Seokwoo, called them all out for a club meeting. “Why did he call for the meeting, anyway?”

“Probably because of the Valentine’s ball.” Sooyoung reasoned before crossing her legs. She saw Yerin and Jennie enter but she just avoided their gaze. “Who are you going with?”

“Myself. Singles appreciation night, probably.”

Sooyoung smiled a little. “Hayoung, you have guys lining up for you.”

“Why take guys when I can take girls?”

Sooyoung beamed. “Point taken.” Sooyoung saw Youngjae enter the room with a frown on his face. Sooyoung knows why. “CJ!” She called for him, referring to his nickname and he gave her a half-smile. She stood up and joined Youngjae, who’s still trying to keep a smile. “So how did your family take Yuju and Seokmin dating?” She asked, referring to Youngjae’s younger sister and her new boyfriend.

“I took it fine but the others didn’t. Seungcheol-hyung went wild, it was crazy, he even asked her if they had already!”

“But did they?”

Youngjae shook his head with a look of relief on his face. “Thankfully, they didn’t.”

“Well, they’re young, they have the time in the world to do that.”

“Please, Sooyoung, we’re only a year younger.” Youngjae then excused himself and headed to Jinwoo, who’s busy taking photos on the side. “Jinwoo, how did our pics come out?”

Jinwoo beamed brightly, it can replace the sun. “It came out great!” He began showing Youngjae the photos from the show choir competition where they reigned champions. “Especially this one.” He said, referring to the photo where Youngjae and Sejeong harmonized. “I personally liked this, I’ll put this up on my gallery next time.” He smiled slightly. “But I’ll have to ask Soobin about it, first.”

Youngjae nodded. “Send me a copy too, okay?”

Jinwoo nodded. “What about your sister’s?”

Youngjae sighed after his bright nod. “That one, too. She asked me if you have any good photos of her and her boyfriend.”

Jinwoo smirked. “Of course, I do.”

A disgusted Junhui also entered the clubroom with utmost disgust on his face. “Can someone put down the balloons?”

Yujin, who entered at the same time as Junhui scowled. “It’s pretty.” Junhui gave her a wtf look while Juho, Yujin’s boyfriend just shrugged. Junhui headed to Wonwoo, Soonyoung and Jihoon, who were playing Rules of Survival, a new mobile game.

He raised a brow at his three friends. “What are you guys doing?”

“Obviously, playing.” Jihoon answered with sarcasm.

“Uh, yeah, I can see that.”

It didn’t take long for Seokwoo, the last one, to arrive. When he got there, everyone sat down and remained still before Dabin raised her arm. “Ugh, what are we doing here?”

“We need volunteers for the Valentine’s Ball.”

Dabin immediately raised her hand with a bright smile. “I’m out!”

“You’re in, everyone from the Arts Department are expected to participate.”

Dabin’s eyes went wide and Yujin scowled once more. “And why should we do that?”

“Because they’ll drop you out of your Practical Arts class if you don’t, and this includes Junhui since he takes practical arts.” The Arts department kids all whined, except maybe for Soobin, who isn’t baffled even in the smallest bit and Junhui who’s definitely stoked on working with Soobin. “Jinwoo, Soobin and Jennie should head for the department store now with some sophomores. We’ll need extra hands so Changkyun will be coming with us to shop.”

Changkyun, who, apparently, was doing a physics homework, looked up to meet Seokwoo’s eyes. “Me?”

“Obviously, genius.” Myungeun, who was sitting behind him, mocked him, obviously. “Well, if we’re done here, can we go? The heteros are making me puke.”

“Shut up, Myungeun. Didn’t you hook up with Ten last year?” Yujin began.

Myungeun shot her a glare. “No one asked for your opinion, you biual . You probably hooked up with Seungyeon while you were dating Changkyun last year.”

Seungyeon raised her arm in defense. “For the record, I didn’t.”

“Are you asking for a fight, you fazed straight?” Yujin asked, probably the one asking for a fight before she stood up. “Last time I checked, we don’t mess with our uality, our hook-ups in this club.”

“Sure, but you’re the one who started it.”

“Don’t crap with me, you did.” And the fight just continued to get heated up, until Wonwoo, with his scary eyes, clapped one loud clap and glared at the two.

“Will you please stop it so we can go to class? Enough with this dispute!” Wonwoo yelled, making both Yujin and Myungeun back down.

Soyul, who was just looking at them because she also exists, commented, “And I thought I was the in this club.”

“Ditto.” Jennie remarked before getting her bag from the sides of the sofa bed. “If we’re done here, Soobin, Jinwoo and I should go to the sophomores, right, Seokwoo?”

Seokwoo heaved a heavy sigh. “Yes, please do.”

“Great. We’re taking Myungeun, too.” Jennie ordered before glancing at Myungeun. “Soobin felt you might need some air.”

Myungeun nodded and Seokwoo did the same. “Before I dismiss you all, there’s a list of professors who’ll give extra credit to those who will give manpower. So just head for the list before I turn them in later this evening. That’s all. Yujin, Sejeong and Youngjae should head for the North Building. Seolhyun-noona is waiting for you, you guys are going to work on the programme. Sooyoung and Dabin, head for the South Building, you should help out there.”

“Fiiiiiine~” Dabin noted with a pout before Seokwoo dismissed them altogether. Junhui, though, got a little confused.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter