010: The Rain

Juniors’ Society
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junior's Society
010: The Rain

 

Daniel’s POV

Okay, why did I ask Jennie out?

I, my friends, have nothing against her, I think she’s quite nice and she’s pretty, really. But then, why? Why did I ask someone who I only know of by 65% out? Am I weird or it’s just me?

“Wow, am I seeing the great Kang Daniel, STRESSED?!” Ugh, here comes Jaehwan. And since he hangs out with Dabin a lot, I’m pretty sure he’s heard of --  “You asked Jen out?” I knew it. Rumor has it, Lee Dabin knows about everyone in the school. Her mom’s a CIA official and she gets whatever she needs in a blink of an eye. ANYWAY, that’s not the issue at hand here.

“It just happened.” I tried to shrug it off. “Who are you taking out, anyway?” I tried to change the topic.

“Soyul.”

I narrowed my eyes. Well, this is a weird combination. “The and the brat? Great combo, Jaehwan.”

“Way better than the guy who’s going to go with his ex-girlfriend’s ex-bestfriend.” Ouch? “And in case you missed it, I was referring to you.”

“Thanks a lot, Jaehwan.”

“Yeah, but dude, you have an odd choice. I know you like the pretty-sassy girl but still girly types like a.) your gf when we were freshmen, Yujin, then after that is the junior you really liked b.) Ahn Eunjin, who, by the way, cheated on you for Youngjae and c.) Sooyoung, which makes Jennie not your type. So why did you break up with Sooyoung, anyway? She saw your already.”

I narrowed my eyes as I plopped down on my bed. “Can you shut up?”

“Not until you answer me.”

I sighed. “I asked for the break-up, not her.”

“Then why?”

I shrugged. “Let me be straight with things, it was a mutual decision, actually. I’m just the one who brought it up jokingly then she said, ‘yeah, we should’ so what can I do?” Then Jaehwan blinked, about twice or thrice. “Uh, say something?”

“You’re an and dumb at the same time. Why do girls even like your idiotic ?!”

“Well, sorry for not having 190-level-IQ.”

He took a heavy breath. Something’s beginning to bother me now. “Dude, you don’t need to have 190 IQ to get that Sooyoung has trauma over break-ups, and that she says ‘yes’ when she hears the word break-up, you know?”

My eyes widened. “What do you mean?”

“You didn’t know?!” I shook my head. “Sooyoung, before Wonwoo, has dated Seungcheol, some student council guy who she grew up with before they broke up, and when they did, that’s when Sooyoung and Wonwoo slept together, and that’s where she lost Yerin. Do you understand, now, the consequences of your actions, Kang Daniel?!”

Oh dear, what have I done?

Sana’s POV

“So, of course, right after a class, I’d be pissed, but then again, if I break my camera, what else would I have?” I know this is weird, but I’m listening to Jinwoo ranting about the sudden change of theme for the ball. Yesterday, we were just shopping for materials and suddenly, it’s changed? I wonder why?

Anyway, we’re walking to the East Building now, since they asked for Jinwoo, and I decided to volunteer. Extra credit won’t hurt me, and I’m too frustrated to think about things like Hanbin and the musicale that’s going to happen before the graduation, which is in a few months after summer break – yeah, we have summer break and another term after summer break and that’s when the seniors are graduating.

“Oh, Kang Daniel.” The moment Jinwoo said ‘Kang Daniel’, I tried to minimize my body and hide behind him, to which he gave me a bewildered look. Luckily, Daniel was hurrying out of his dorm so he didn’t see Sana. Jinwoo raised a brow as Sana stood back up properly. “What was that, Minatozaki Sana?”

“I-uh, punched Daniel when he got too close.”

“Figures. Ever since you and Hanbin ended your freaking-long-term relationship, you began to hate guys. The only guy you can stand is me.”

“Yeah and I wondered why, to be honest.” I raised my hand, pretending that I’m ready to throw hands at him. “Should I try punching you now?”

“Ah, we know you’ve punched almost every guy who came 30 inches close to you but you don’t punch me.” I smiled.

“You’ve always been there even when he left me. It’s the least I can do for you in my thankful attitude.”

“Thankful attitude my , Sana.”

“Right.” We both chuckled before we stopped on our tracks. “Say, Jinwoo, do you want to go to the ball with me?”

He smirked. “Making the first move, I see?”

“Wow, I suddenly had the urge to p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter