014: Reality of Lies

Juniors’ Society
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Junior's Society
014: Reality of Lies

 

3rd Person’s POV

Why do people lie?

Great question, so why? It’ll only hurt them, it’ll only break them, it’ll only destroy them. So why do they lie?

-- The lie matters to them. --

“It matters to me, so shut up and find me something I can bribe Kim Sejeong with.” A mad, fuming Yujin slammed the table with her fist with a fox-eyed sophomore just eyeing her.

“Well, you’re the one who cheated and got caught. Just tell Zuho the truth and go on with your life, for ’s sake.” The sophomore stood up, took her bag and left Yujin on her own.

Yes, Yujin cheated.

Yes, Sejeong caught her cheating on Zuho with Changkyun.

To Yujin, her lie – the mere fact that she lied on Zuho, her boyfriend, matters. To her, the lie’s important because it matters to her. It matters to her because to her, Zuho’s the one, leaving her in utmost confusion. If he’s the one then why did she have to sleep with Changkyun?

Out of confusion, she found herself walking to the clubroom, where she heard chattering – lots of them. She saw Dabin and Heejun, and heck, she couldn’t even think of Heejun cheating on Dabin – Dabin’s a goddess, Heejun’s hot, Dabin’s a top, Heejun allows her to do as she pleases, Dabin’s wealthy, Heejun’s not half-bad, either. To top it up, both of their values and beliefs match up, Dabin doesn’t want to have kids, Heejun doesn’t, either.

She smiled sadly as she passed through the clubroom without entering. She doesn’t know how to face ANYONE today. She knows the people in the clubroom are half-studying, half-tired and Yujin is just 100% tired. “I don’t want this.” She whispered to herself. But she knows that she brought this to herself.

She headed for her dorm room, and there, she found Seungyeon, who’s also studying. “Oh, hey.”

Yujin smiled a little. “Hey.” She headed for her bed and she plopped down.

“You done with your practicals?”

Yujin shook her head. “Nah, we’ll be performing on the same day as you guys so there you have it.” Seungyeon nodded in agreement. Seungyeon’s an economics major, so she has an exam in a few days – much like anyone at school. “Hey, Seungyeon.” Yujin called her out.

“Yeah?”

“Ten cheated on you, right? How did it feel?”

Seungyeon smiled bitterly, a bitter smile that Yujin didn’t see. “It hurts, of course,” She stopped to twist her chair, now facing Yujin. “- especially during the first time.”

“The first time, huh?”

Seungyeon nodded. “The pain during the first time will hurt the most.”

Yujin looked away. “I see.” Seungyeon nodded in acknowledgement and swiveled her chair back to her desk, before saying the words Yujin doesn’t want to hear.

“Clear your mind, and tell Zuho what happened. Nothing will happen if you sit here idly, wondering if he’ll get hurt.”

-- Telling the truth feels like giving up control –

“So do you want this on A-flat or A-sharp? You pick.” Hanbin gave the keyboard to Sana halfway and she accepted it on the other half. He also passed her a set of headset to listen to the song for their musicale. And there’s no denying one thing for Hanbin and Sana – they still work well together. They always have,

Before that happened.

“Can you put the Maria, my love part a little higher? Maybe a higher Si?”

“I can do that.” Hanbin took the keypad from her and he rewrote the chords easily. Sana shyly smiled. This was the man she fell for before everything fell apart between them.

Hanbin then played the song for her. “This is a lot better.” Sana noted. “Thanks, let’s call it a day.” Hanbin nodded and turned off his systems. His personal studio is cozy, actually. Sana’s been here before, and she noticed how he kept it the same. There’s his fridge, the couch that’s always been there, the studio, itself and its ambiance. “This place didn’t change that much.”

Hanbin nodded as he took a bottle of Yakult from his fridge and gave it to Sana halfway through the table and Sana took it from there. “Do you still like Yakult?”

Sana smirked and nodded. “Yes, I still do.” She crooked her neck. “Give me a straw.”

Hanbin smiled a little and pointed to the cabinet next to her. “They’re all there, just get one.” He turned around and went into his recording room to clean up while Sana was left alone. Of course, she cannot tolerate being in the same room as Hanbin, and he knows that, so he knows his proper distance – which is three meter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter