004 : Freedom! ‘90

Juniors’ Society
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junior's Society
004 : Freedom! ‘90

Soobin’s POV

Last night was a good night because we watched a good movie and it sort of gave me some inspiration to draw so it was worth it, I guess. But what wasn’t worth it was watching other people make out. I guess Seungyeon opened a small room in the clubroom for these kinds of situation. I don’t get my clubmates’ one-time-thing. I haven’t had it, and I don’t want to have it. Call me conservative or whatsoever.

“Soobin.” I looked up to meet Junhui’s eyes. We’re in Love and Betrayal in Asia again. This is the only class that we have together, though.

Honestly, I lied when I told him I didn’t know him. I actually drew him on sketch multiple times – kissing girls, probably. I think he kissed everyone in our club except me, Sejeong and Yerin, probably. Me because I don’t kiss in public, Sejeong because she and Dongyoung have been together even before college (but they broke up in freshman year for a semester but they’re back again! What’s meant to be will be!) and Yerin because Junhui doesn’t hook up with his friends’ exes.

“Y-yeah?” Yeah, why did I stutter?

“Is someone sitting next to you?” I shook my head and I scooted in and continued sketching. He sat down next to me, and I can feel his eyes on my working hands.

“Is there something wrong, Junhui?”

He shook his head and smiled softly. “It’s just that I’ve been looking over at your work last time and I just noticed that your style’s so distinct.” He began analyzing my work. “Like, your lines are distinct from the others.”

Oh.

“I didn’t expect that from you.”

He beamed. “Well, you should expect the unexpected if it’s Wen Junhui.”

I nodded and smiled at him. That’s nice of him. “Sometimes the clothes do not make the man.”

“Wow, are you ripping off lyrics from Pitch Perfect or are you praising me?”

This time, I was the one who beamed at him. “I’m doing both, Junhui.”

“Just call me Jun, Soobin.”

“Alright then.” But I have a question. “Jun, how do you know about line styles and distinctiveness?”

As if a lightbulb popped out of his head, he smiled brightly. “I actually like akrehdie! She or he posted an art in my mom’s gallery and I tried to get his or her name but my mom wouldn’t let me. Plus, his or her instagram is on private.”

Huh?

Akrehdie?

Akrehdie is my pen name.

“I see.”

“Can I see you paint?”

I smiled subtly. “I’m sorry, I don’t let people see me paint.” I gently rejected him.

“Ouch, Soobin. You keep rejecting me.”

I smiled it off but I can’t help but feel apologetic. I’m really sorry, Jun.

Soonyoung’s POV

“Five, six, seven, eight. Jung Jaehyun! Move those arms!” I called one out. “Lee Seokmin, you’re off-beat!” I groaned. “Hwang Minhyun, do you have two left feet?!”

“Hey, Soonyoung, don’t slander Minhyun!” Jaehwan yelled.

“You have two left feet, too, Kim Jaehwan. Move that !” I scowled. Seriously, this show choir must be a show choir with two left feet.

“Listen to Soonyoung. Jamie, move your hips a little more.” Chungha, who’s standing next to me, also training them, yelled to the girls but nicer than my tone, definitely. She’s not yet stressed. “That’s better, Jamie.”

I noticed one of the other kids not-so-dancing. I know that group. It’s Chungha’s group of friends. I elbowed Chungha to get her attention. “Chungha, your friends aren’t dancing.” I saw her bit her lower lip. Why is she getting anxious over calling out her friends? What, she can’t correct them? I didn’t expect Chungha to be this….

 

Puppet-ish?

I crossed my arms and frowned. “Forget it. Bring the guys to the second auditorium; I’ll deal with the girls.”

I saw her smile a thankful smile and she held on my arm. “Thank you, Soonyoung.” She and I switched places as she led the gentlemen out of the practice room. I saw disappointed looks on Terri and her friends’ faces. Looks like I’m correct about something.

Ever since Chungha met them, they’ve been treating Chungha like, I don’t know, dirt? It’s been like that for a while now. Just because Chungha is nice and naïve, doesn’t mean that they should treat her like that.

I looked over at the loud shutting of the door. Seeing Chungha smile…

Makes me want to protect he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter