015: I Can't Breathe

Juniors’ Society
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junior's Society
015: I Can’t Breathe

Seungyeon’s POV

Another day in the life of Chang Seungyeon, an Economics major. Today, I’ve decided to attend class and not let Sana take over. I’ve been doing that for a long time now, and recently, I’ve been able to sleep peacefully because I think Yujin is cheating on her boyfriend, Zuho. We had it coming, by the way. It was bound to happen. Yujin is like, a product of change. Oh, by the way, she didn’t know that I know. It’s like she fears for me to find out. It’s like, the 4th time I’ve seen her cheating on her relationship. First was the graduating senior, Yook Sungjae, then we have Sorn (yes, they dated), then that freshman earlier this year, then that sophomore two months before meeting Zuho. So basically, if you’d make a sim in the Sims 4 based from Yujin, you’d have to put non-committal. And yeah, it happens so frequently that I know when she cheats. Man, and here I thought Zuho was different.

“Oh, you didn’t send Sana?” I looked up and I saw heart-throb, Kang Daniel. No, seriously, he has the physique of a god. I wish I could date his body. But just the body. I mean, he has the mental age of someone who plays minecraft until midnight, full offense.

I shook my head. “Suddenly, I can sleep these days.”

He smirked. “Well, unlucky you, after the exams, you’re going to have more stressful nights since Seokwoo’s planning to open a, wait for it.” He went silent for a bit.

“Jeez, Daniel --!”

“ – a maid café for the Culture Festival.” He beamed. “I can see Soo in a maid outfit? Never have I thought that I might see a CLYDE member in a maid outfit.”

I narrowed my eyes. “The Japanese Club’s already sealed one. We can’t overrule them. Tell Seokwoo to change it.” Oh, right. Although Seokwoo’s the Club Representative, I’m the Club President so is there anything he can do about it? No, of course not.

Daniel sighed. “Fine.”

The professor came into the room and we all fixed ourselves. “Economics 304, today’s your final exam for this course, right?”

“Yes.” The class chorused. The professor’s Mr. Blythe, he’s an Economist who graduated in NYU in New York, so he’s considered a genius. Well, he is. By the way, in case you missed it, some of us are graduating this year. There are a few of us who took summer terms, and for some of us, our program is as good as a three-year program. I heard Jinwoo and Dongyoung are graduating this year of their first programs, Digital Arts and Economics, respectively. I’m graduating this year, too, but I may be taking my Master’s here in Mallenois, so I don’t think I’m leaving.

Speaking of Dongyoung, where is that guy? I nudged Daniel and whispered. “Where’s Dongyoung?”

He pointed at the top seats and we both saw the man who shot us both a deadly glare as he motioned ‘you guys are so dead’ from the top seats.

Oh well, I have the Junior’s Society, all my friends are here, so there’s no reason for me to leave this place, after all.

Jaehwan’s POV

OH MY GOD I’M RUNNING LATE FOR MY FINALS IN ETHICS OF ENGINEERING

OH

MY

GOD

NO I’M GONNA FAIL           , MY LIFE IS RUINED, I SHOULD SAY GOODBYE TO MY 4.0 GPA – oh crap, I forgot, I don’t have that - of a GPA anyway, so no goodbye to that – ANYWAY MY LIFE – MY CHANCES OF GRADUATING ON TIME, MY LIFE, OH MY GOD OH MY FREAKING GOD.

“You got here just in time, Mr. Kim.” I looked up, panting, to see the professor just about to give out the testpaper as I pushed the door open. “Anyway, what took you so long?”

So here’s the thing why I got late.

I live nearby, so when I need to get stuffs from my house, I can easily say, ‘Hi Mom, I need something for school, do you mind if you bring it to school?’ and my Mom never minds so yeah, until today, that is.

It was 7am, 2 hours before the start of my final exam. I picked up my phone from Daniel’s charger – because I accidentally flushed my charger into the toilet, yes, thanks to hell week, and I called my mom. “Ma, I ran out of kimchi, can you bring some at the school for me?”

So my mom answered, “Okay, Jaehwannie, I’ll ask your auntie to bring it there.”

“Thanks Mom, I love you.” I ended the call and then I headed for – wait for it – damn, Daniel! Anyway, I headed for school, so as I was walking to our building, I saw a familiar person. I’ve seen her in our h(ookup)angout club every now and then, and she’s scary – I think. She’s in the softball team and she’s willing to fight. But today,

“Hey, you okay?” I asked her as I passed her a handkerchief – this is me being absolutely nice, because hey, I’m hella nice, and no one can stop me from being nice. She was crying, her eyes are puffed and she’s sniffling – did she, perhaps, fail already? I know she’s in engineering or something? Nuclear Science? Boom boom pang pang!

“No, I’m not!” She snatched the handkerchief and sneezed into it, then gave it back to me. I stared at her a little bit.

“Uh, no thanks, keep it.” She looked up to meet my eyes and I shrugged. I sat next to her – I still have time, like an hour before exam starts so I can chat her up, a bit. “So, what’s up?” I tried to remember her name. She’s tall, she has short hair, and I always see her with Park Sooyoung – oh, I remember. Oh Hayoung.

“My crush dumped me!” I narrowed my eyes upon her exclamation. “Hwang Minhyun is such a jerk?”

I narrowed my eyes further. “OMG the sociology student-teacher? You tried to hit on him?” I crossed my arms. “Girl, you tried to hit on the hottest guy in school!”

“Hottest guy in school is an understatement!”

I furrowed my brows. “So, what happened, then?”

“He said he was dating someone!” She began crying again. “He said he was dating Bona!” I further furrowed my brows like duh, it only makes sense that the top guy’s dating the top girl, hello gorl.

And well, her ranting went on for about the entire time allotted for me to walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter