Chapter 9

Arranged Marriage

The Jungs are now inside the dining hall. With them is Princess Hayeon, who is currently seated beside Prince Taekwoon.

While waiting for the food to be served, the king started talking about his plans for the prince and princess after the planned wedding. But all his statements just passed the ears both the prince and the princess. They are just so fond of each other- holding hands under the table, stealing glances at each other.

When the dishes were served, the king and the queen were the first ones to eat. Princess Hayeon has yet to touch the utensils in front of her as she is watching Prince Taekwoon closely.

"Anything wrong, princess?", the prince asked the moment he locked eyes with Hayeon.

Immediately, the princess shook her head and proceeded to stare at the plate in front of her.

The prince knows that the princess has something in her mind, but he won't ask further. He'll just wait for the princess to tell him. He lightly tapped her cheek before scooping a not-so-huge amount of his favorite food that is now on his plate. He happily placed the food in his mouth and chewed.

"This tastes different," the prince said while slowly chewing the food.

Hayeon's heart shattered at the comment made by her beloved. She quickly shook her head, thinking of an excuse so she could go home.

"Tastes different in a good way? Or in a bad way?", the queen asked her son.

The princess immediately looked at the queen, quite surprised with the reaction. The queen shoots her a wink.

The princess, yet again, is surprised. "The queen knows!", she thought. But despite that, she heaved a sigh of relief.

Unknowing to both the queen and the princess, the king is watching their actions. Somehow, he got the message.

That makes Prince Taekwoon the only clueless one.

The prince took another bite, followed by another, and another one. He turned to the queen, attempting to answer her question. However, he was unable to speak as his mouth is filled with food.

The moment his mouth is cleared, the prince grinned. The princess tried her very best not to pinch her beloved's cheeks.

The prince cleared his throat before speaking, "Well, I did say it tastes different..but not in a bad way!", the prince exclaimed in defense.

"It's more flavourful, the very reason why I immediately know that someone else cooked this--", the prince stopped at his sudden realization.

He immediately turned his attention back to the princess seating beside him. "Are you perhaps the one who cooked this?", he asked softly.

Princess Hayeon lightly nodded at the prince's question, too embarrassed to look up because of the sudden attention.

The king and queen took a spoonful each. The queen spoke, "Well, this dish is most certainly made with so much love..which probably explains why it is tastier." The king immediately agreed at the statement.

Princess Hayeon blushed.

Prince Taekwoon found the princess cute (read: really really cute). He knew he can't stop himself any longer.

Before he knew it, he had already placed a peck on Hayeon's cheek.
_____________

Wonsik prohibited Sanghyuk from joining the dinner. The bodyguard knew that this young man will cause few more troubles once he is reunited with Taekwoon.

Now, he is watching the said young man.

"But I'm hungry!", said Sanghyuk

"I'll get you all the foods later when Princess Hayeon and the royal family finish their dinner," Wonsik flicks Sanghyuk's forehead, "Just wait here!", he firmly stated before walking out of the guest room.

Sanghyuk doesn't have any choice, and so he just decided to sit down and patiently wait. He lowered down his head and proceed to stare at the floor, as if it's the most interesting thing in the world.

He was too preoccupied by his thoughts that he did not noticed the opening of the door to the room. He got surprised when a slice of red bean cake was placed before him.

He immediately looked up and took hold of the arm of the person who delivered the food to him. He spun the person to his direction.

His eyes widen because of the sudden recognition. 

"Binnie noona?"

"Aigoo," the person cooed at Sanghyuk. "Yes, Hyukkie! This is Binnie noona."