EXTRA CHAPTER 6

Arranged Marriage

Hayeon wakes up to the sounds of birds chirping. She feels safe as an arm around her petite body pulls her closer to the source of the familiar warmth.

She opens her eyes and immediately moves to face the other side of the bed. The arm around her slowly moved away from her as the source of the familiar warmth shifted.

She suddenly feels the need to go to the wash room, but debated against it for a minute or so as the bed is really comfortable but then gives up as the need to go to the wash room increases.

Carefully, she removes the blanket on her and slowly sits up. However, pain shoots up through her body as soon as she is up. Her legs and knees feel weak, and she feels really really cold. She leans down a bit and, immediately closes her eyes and lowers her head as she starts to feel dizzy.

Realization hit her when she opens her eyes while her head is still facing down. There in her line of sight is a vast full of skin. She looked around and sees pieces of garments all over the space. She closes her eyes and slowly look at the direction of the other half of the bed.

And there she sees her beloved Prince Jung Taekwoon, her now husband, equally as her.

She can now feel her cheeks blush as the memories of the event last night flash before her eyes. She brushes the feeling off for a bit as she remembers the need to go to the washroom once more.

She moves as quickly and carefully as she could while trying not to make unnecessary sounds that may wake her husband up.

__________

Taekwoon wakes up when he felt an unexpected weight on him. He looks down and sees his wife, Hayeon, comfortably lying on top of him. Only a thin sheet of blanket separates their bodies from one another.

He gulps but he tells himself that he has to hold himself.

His hand moves to the small of her back, and he pulls her closer to his chest. This action made Hayeon giggle. She looks up to him and grins widely.

Taekwoon leans forward to place a brief kiss on Hayeon's lips. "Good morning, dearest princess," he whispers.

"Good morning to you, too," Hayeon says as she reaches forward to poke at Taekwoon's nose.

Taekwoon takes hold of Hakyeon's hand, the one she used to poke at his nose, and upon eye contact, they started to grin.

Taekwoon takes a deep breath before asking Hayeon, "How was sleep?"

"It was good!", Hayeon exclaimed. "You're so warm," she states as she snuggles to Taekwoon.

Taekwoon laughs softly. Hayeon glares at him and pouts.

"Everything happened so fast," she mumbles.

"Well, I'm not complaining," Taekwoon pulls Hayeon closer to him and steals a kiss. "I have you now."

Hayeon grunts jokingly at what she had heard. She looks up once more, the bright smile on her face fades to a more serious expression, and she finds herself drowning in the eyes of her beloved. She reached her hand forward to cup his face. And in the blink of an eye, she finds her husband hovering over her.

She pulls him close for a kiss.

"Take me," she whispers between kisses.

__________

 

"Don't you think the constituents will question your marriage?", Wonsik asks the princess.

"What do you mean?", Hayeon asks back.

"Well, the people will think that probably the reason why the prince pushed through with the marriage as early as possible was because you are pregnant?", Wonsik answers as he looks at the princess.

The princess immediately shakes her head. "My dear Wonsik," she pauses and takes a deep breath, "today, we're a month old married couple and I'm just on my third week of pregnancy."

"Yup, a week difference..but still--"

The conversation was cut-off when the both of them heard the main doors open.

Prince Taekwoon enters the hall, and before he can step any further, he finds Princess Hayeon in his arms.

"Hey love, what's wrong?" he says as he wraps his arms around her.

His attention was shifted to Wonsik when he heard him clear his throat. He looks at him and waits for him to speak.

"Princess Hayeon is on her third week of pregnancy. We were talking on how we should announce the news--", Wonsik stops halfway as he realized what he has done.

The prince slightly pulls away from the princess. Just enough to look at her face, "Are you?," he asks.

Princess Hayeon slowly turns to face Wonsik. Her eyes are glassy, "Sikkie, you know I was supposed to tell that news to Woonie..", she whispers before she breaks down to tears.

The princess rushes back to her and the prince's shared bedroom.

She hears Taekwoon scream, "I am going to be a father!", and a loud thud followed. She looks back and sees her beloved on the floor and so she rushes back.

When she reaches her husband, she finds him half unconscious but there's a huge smile on his face.

"I'm so happy," he says as he grins. "Thank you so much, love."

The moment was disturbed when they heard Jaehwan screaming hysterically.

"Stop with the sappy moment! Bring the prince to the clinic!"