Chapter 7

Arranged Marriage

a316e11be948b8ea4ac9bec018d00cc1--n-vixx-change-.jpg

Taekwoon arrives in his room with Wonsik in tow.

"Oh you're unpacking now?", Wonsik teases as he sees the prince unload the clothes he has stored inside his "emergency" bag earlier.

"I can always runaway you know."

"I know you won't. Hayeon will be alone when you do that."

Taekwoon hisses at the statement. He started placing the things he packed back to their original places.

"So mind telling me what happened?"

The prince side eyes the bodyguard, a manifestation that he is slightly confused with the question. Wonsik sighs before he continues,

"You know, you are so sure of running away upon hearing the arranged marriage. If I did not come to console you, you might be out of the kingdom's sight already", Taekwoon nods almost immediately. "And then Princess Hayeon came to visit us, and later on asked if she could visit you in your room. After an hour or so, I found her sleeping in your arms and even witnessed you kissed her head. So mind telling me what had actually happened?"

Taekwoon stops for awhile. A smile found its way in his face, then he started with fixing his things again.

"Remember that one event I told you?"

"What about?"

"Yeonnie"

"Oh? That was her? Your childhood sweetheart?"

The prince playfully smacks the bodyguard's head. "Yeah"

___________

Little Taekwoon runs around the garden with flowers in hand. He has yet to stop picking flowers from the bushes around the mansion.

He smiles widely when he looked at the flowers in his hand, there's quite a lot. He carefully set the flower down to reach for the red silk ribbon he will use to tie up the bunch of flowers. He sat down and gather a small lopp of the silk with both of his hands, and ended his work with a neat overhand knot. He stands up as soon as he finished his works and run back to one of the flowering pear trees in the garden.

When he was about to reach the tree, he stopped for a while. There sat under the tree is his friend of the same age.

He's staring so much that he did not notice his friend is already waving at him. When he snapped back to reality, he grins and skips his way to his friend. He settles down beside her, and keeps his hand holding the bouquet of flowers behind his back.

"Woonie~", his friend called him. "Woonie does not want to play so Woonie ran away?", little Taekwoon glances at his side almost immediately only to see his friend pouting. He can't help but to hold back the smile that is about to creep up on his face. He shakes his head almost violently as an answer to the question raised to him.

He takes out the bouquet of flowers that he has been hiding behind him. He smiles toothily before slurring, "Woonie ran around to pick flowers for Yeonnie!", he hands the bouquet to little Hayeon. "Yeonnie likes this one!", little Hayeon plays with the petals of the azalea flower placed in the middle of the bouquet. Little Hayeon giggles and gives little Taekwoon a tight hug, "Thank you, Woonie!"

"Anything for beautiful Yeonnie~"

___________

The prince smiled at the memory.

"So she became a crying mess upon knowing that you're the one who gave her a bouquet of flowers with the azalea in the middle?", Wonsik asked.

"Not a mess. But yes, she cried.", Taekwoon finished unpacking and places the bag back on the lower part of the cabinet. "She thought we won't meet again, and so she's so happy to see me again..and well, to know that she's going to marry me."

"She must have been waiting for you for so long."

"I know. And I have waited for so long, too. That's why I won't let her go."