Chapter 6

Arranged Marriage

 

​​​​​​

Wonsik was surprised about the identity of the person in front of him. "A suitor? But Princess Hayeon is set to marry Prince Taekwoon!"

Sanghyuk chuckled. Uh oh, Wonsik just blurted out his thoughts!

"Princess Hayeon is set to marry Prince Taekwoon, I know that. But as long as the wedding has yet to be done, I still have a chance right? I still have a chance to bring the princess back to me."

Oh, Wonsik does not like what he has heard.

Before the body guard can even respond to Sanghyuk's reply, they both heard the slight creak of a door. Foot steps are heard right after, and then..

"Hyukkieeeeee~"

Princess Hayeon carefully run down the stairs and immediately hugged Sanghyuk.

"What are you doing here, huh?", she pokes and pinches Sanghyuk's cheeks and it is really evident that the young man is having troubles hiding the blush on his face.

The sight is lovely, but not for Prince Taekwoon. He clicked his tongue, as if he is ready to behead someone.

Before Sanghyuk can respond to the question raised to him, Princess Hayeon spotted a helper entering the kitchen. "Oh they must have been preparing for the dinner already!", she thought to herself.

Carefully, the princess walked away from Sanghyuk after flashing him a smile. She slipped inside the kitchen and called for one of the cooks.

"Your Majesty! What are you doing in here?", the head cook asked the princess worriedly.

"I--I was just wondering if I can be of any help? You know in cooking for tonight's dinner with the Jungs?", Princess Hayeon stated in a soft voice, as if she's only talking to herself. Good thing that the head cook is very much alert that he had caught on the reply of the princess.

"But your highness, you are guest! Just stay with the prince and we'll get the dinner ready in no time", the head cook assured the princess.

The cook was about to retreat to his position when the princess moved forward, as if attempting to block the way of the cook. "Please, just this once!", the princess clasps her hands, "Just one food..the food that Taekwoon likes the most." The cook looks at her, a bit confused. "Please, I want to be the perfect wife for him", she whispers.

The head cook nods at her actions. "I see, that's why." He lifts his hand point at one of the cooks, "That ahjumma, she will be in charge of cooking the prince's favorite food. You can assist her, or just watch her."

Princess Hayeon widely smiles, and bows a few times before approaching the other cook.

_________________

*outside the kitchen*

Upon seeing the princess slip inside the kitchen, Sanghyuk turned to the direction of Prince Taekwoon. Sanghyuk has this playful smile plastered on his face.

"It's nice to see you, dearest prince. I am Han Sanghyuk, a suitor of Princess Hayeon", he ended his introduction with a bow. "I came here to bring back Princess Hayeon!"

"A brave soul," Taekwoon whispers to himself.

"I believe there is no need for me to introduce myself, but I think I have to make things clearer.  I am Jung Taekwoon, Princess Hayeon's fiancé." He walks closer to Sanghyuk, "And I don't have any plans on handing the princess to you", he whispers in Sanghyuk's ear.

The prince steps back and flashes a small smile, and then he walks back to his room.

With uh Wonsik running after him.