Chapter 8

Arranged Marriage

DLSzWIgVwAA7Ivw.jpg

 

Upon finishing unpacking his bag, Prince Taekwoon immediately went back to the kitchen..in hopes of spotting Princess Hayeon.
He did see the princess, but she's talking with that kid..Han Sanghyuk.

Jealousy burns his body but the moment the princess' eyes lands on her, he felt sparks and he knew that he can't just simply get angry with the princess because she's talking with Sanghyuk. He immediately brushed off the jealousy, and well the slight anger, that he feels. The princess beamed at him and motioned for him to stand close to her.

The princess immediately hooked her arm with Taekwoon's. The prince lightly blushed at the gesture (read: blushed so hard). It made Sanghyuk chuckle.

"I want to apologize for interrupting our talk earlier," Princess Hayeon bows, in an attempt to hide her face, "I got too excited. But oh well, I wasn't able to introduce you both to each other well. So let me repeat, okay?", the princess gestured to both young men near her.
 

"We can skip that. I know he's Sanghy--", the prince got interrupted when the princess placed her left pointer finger on his lips.

"No, I want to.", the prince nodded at the statement.

The princess cleared . She grabbed Sanghyuk closer to her and the prince before starting, "Hyukkie, I want you to meet my fiancé. Prince Jung Taekwoon." Sanghyuk (bravely) looked at the prince. However, he only got a glare as a reply. Sanghyuk gulped at the response. "Eh be nice, my Taekwoonie~"

"Taekwoonie, here's Sanghyuk. Han Sanghyuk.", Hayeon looked at Taekwoon as if she's waiting for some kind of reaction, but there's none to no avail, "He's like a son to me." she continued.

The prince playfully smiles at that. He looked at Sanghyuk, and studied his facial expression. To him, he can say that Sanghyuk got a bit confused with the statement. However, he can not shake off the feeling upon hearing that Sanghyuk is no more than a son to his beloved.

The prince turned to look at Sanghyuk again, but now with a playful grin on his face.

"Ah you two should go to the living room or somewhere! Go and talk to each other!", the princess exclaims.

The two young men watched as the princess carefully and quietly sneaks in the kitchen. But before they can turn their attention back to one another, the door to the kitchen opened and the princess put her head round the door and shouted at the two, "Don't forget to be nice to each other!!"

The young men softly laughed at the princess' antics.

Once the princess is out of their sight, the prince immediately cleared his throat and stepped closer to Sanghyuk. Well, too close for Sanghyuk.

The prince leaned closer, enough for Sanghyuk to flinch.

"Well..Nice to meet you, son", the prince whispered directly to Sanghyuk's ear.