EXTRA CHAPTER 4

Arranged Marriage

It was a cold winter morning.

Little Hayeon, seated by the front door, waits patiently for Little Taekwoon's arrival.

Taekwoon promised Hayeon that he will visit her and the baby, their baby, earlier than the usual. With that, Hayeon woke up extra early to prepare herself.

But hours ticked by, there is still no presence of the little prince in the Cha's mansion.

Hayeon looks at her feet, trying to be as patient as possible.

"Oh my! Dearest princess! What are you doing here?"

Hayeon immediately snaps her head to the direction of the noise. There she sees Mrs. Jang.

Hayeon immediately stands on her feet and runs to Mrs. Jang. The elder carries her as soon as she is within arms reach.

They twirl around the space and share a good laugh.

After some time, Mrs. Jang places Hayeon back on her previous spot. Mrs. Jang sits beside Hayeon and pats her head lovingly. Immediately, Hayeon wraps her arms around Mrs. Jang.

"It has been awhile," Mrs. Jang says as she chuckles at Hayeon's clingy behavior. "Our beautiful young lady, how were you?"

Little Hayeon smiles sheepishly, embarassed of her sudden behavior. A second after she says that she has been doing well, she starts talking about her baby. Mrs. Jang keeps on laughing because of Hayeon's animated talk- she finds Hayeon's exaggerated hand gestures that she use to match her anecdotes really cute and interesting.

The talk lasted for a few more minutes.

Mrs. Jang is about to get up when she asks Hayeon why she is sitting by the front door. Almost immediately, Hayeon purses her lips and sighs.

"Woonie promised that Woonie will come early today," Hayeon lowers her head and started playing with her fingers.

Mrs. Jang caresses Hayeon's hair, trying to make her feel better. "I guess he forgot to tell Hayeon, hmn?"

Hayeon looks up to Mrs. Jang as she heard her reply. "Woonie forgot to tell Yeonie? What was that?"

Mrs. Jang looks at Hayeon and she raises her pinky, "Promise me first that Yeonie will not get mad at Woonie?" Hayeon hooks her little pinky to that of Mrs. Jang's, "Yeonie promises not to get mad at Woonie," she says in her little voice.

"Well, Yeonie knows that Woonie is a prince, right? Just like Yeonie is a princess," Hayeon nods slowly at that. "Well, Woonie has to start studying because Woonie has to know many things for he will succeed the throne in one of the coming years. So, Woonie has to go to somewhere far- like a far, faraway land."

Hayeon tries to stop her tears from streaming down her face, but fails to do so. "Woonie..But Woonie promised to visit today!"

"I know, I know, my dear. But maybe, Woonie promised to visit early because he thinks he will be able to go here before he sets on his journey to another land.", Mrs. Jang says as she picks up Hayeon in her arms.

Hayeon snuggles and tries not to sniff, "Woonie..Woonie woke up late then? So Woonie cannot make it today?"

Mrs. Jang caresses Hayeon's back and nods at her statement, "Yes, Yeonie. That could be one too!"

Hayeon pulls away to look at Mrs. Jang, "But do you think Yeonie will meet Woonie soon?"

"I cannot tell you how long, my dearest princess. But I promise you that you will meet Woonie when the right time comes."

"Okay, Yeonie will wait patiently for Woonie then," Hayeon says as she wipes her tears away.

Mrs. Jang hugs Hayeon tightly this time. "Since you kept your promise, I have something for you," she says as she slowly lets go of Hayeon.

Mrs. Jang takes out a small clothe from her pocket and hands it to Hayeon. "I'm sorry it took me awhile to give this to you. But it's better late than never, right?"

Hayeon takes the clothe and whispers a soft thank you. She unfolds the clothe and examines it. There, an embroidery caught her eyes. She gasps as it downs to her that the embroided word is the the very answer that she has been waiting for..

"It's a beautiful name..", Hayeon whispers as happy tears stream down her face. She carefully caresses the embroidery, "Sanghyuk."