EXTRA CHAPTER 1

Arranged Marriage

Setting: Cha Mansion. When the king had announced that her princess will be married to his chosen prince.

__________

Hayeon paces back and forth inside her room.

Minutes ago, she was having a feast with her parents, the king and the queen, but she bolted out as soon as the king announced that she will be married to his chosen prince.

How can he do that to his own daughter? She keeps on mumbling as she continuously paces her room.

A soft knock on her door catches her attention.

"Come in," she says loud enough for the person behind the door to hear.

As soon as the door opens, she pulls the visitor yo her embrace.

"My son!", she exclaims while hugging the young man tightly.

The young man in her embrace, pulls away. He chuckles lowly and dusts the imaginary dust on his suit. Hayeon pouts as she watches the young man in front of her, "meanie" she whispers.

"You called for me?", the other asks Hayeon. The princess immediately nods.

"I am sure you have heard of the king's announcement earlier," she states.

"I have."

The princess takes a deep breath, "I know that this will happen eventually, but--"

"You're not yet ready, or rather you have not found him so you don't want to do this just yet."

Hayeon fiddles with the ribbon on her dress, then she looks up to call the attention of the young man in front of him. "Hyukkie," she says. "Please help me."

Sanghyuk stares at Hayeon. "In what way can I be of help to you?"

"In two days," Hayeon holds two of her fingers up, "I'll be visiting the mansion of the chosen prince."

"The unlucky prince," Sanghyuk receives a soft smack on his head. "Hey!", Hayeon raises her voice lightly.

Sanghyuk chuckles. "What should I do then?"

"Pretend to be someone who is very much against this arranged marriage! Pretend to be my suitor!"

"Hey! Isn't that too much?"

"I promise to be nice!"

Sanghyuk raises a brow at the princess.

"Please, Hyukkie? Just pretend until we find your Woonie appa?"

Sanghyuk sighs, "Fine, eomma."