Chapter 5

Arranged Marriage

Taekwoon feels light tappings on his shoulder.

He tries his very best to ignore the disturbance at first but as seconds passed by, he becomes more alert and he can't go back to sleep.

He slowly opens his eyes, adjusting to the sudden light reflected from the huge windows of his room. He blinks thrice, and he sees Wonsik near him.

"What is it, Kim Wonsik?", he says with a slight groan.

Wonsik does not speak but uses his chin to point at the princess sleeping beside him.

The prince immediately looks at his side. The sudden movement causes the princess to slightly stir in her sleep. Prince Taekwoon panicked a bit. He places his hand on the princess' head and guides her back to her chest. He places a light kiss on the top of her head when he felt the princess relaxes in his arms.

"She's tired", the prince says while lightly caresses the long beautiful locks of the princess, "We'll talk later, okay?", he says when he looks up to Wonsik.

"As you wish, dearest prince."

"Thank you, Kim Wonsik. The princess and I will go down later before dinner."

Hearing the reply, Wonsik bows as a sign that he will leave the room. Prince Taekwoon nods at him upon seeing his gestures.

_____________

Wonsik hurriedly, yet softly, closed the door to the room of the prince. He is still in shock with what he has witnessed.

He clearly knew that the prince is caring deep inside, but he has yet to see him perform such gestures especially to someone he has only knew for a few hours.

"Ah young love!" he exclaims.

Before he can take a turn to the living room, he spots an unfamiliar figure roaming in the lobby. He assumes that the person is lost inside the big palace.

"Excuse me?", he says as he approaches the figure. "What are you doing here?", Wonsik asks as the figure turns to look at his direction.

"Finally, someone is actually here!", said the bright young man, "I am here to pick up Princess Hayeon. Do you happen to know where she is by now?"

"I am sorry but Princess Hayeon is with the prince right now. You can't bring her home just yet as she has been invited to join the dinner of the royal family."

"Ah, I see. But can you tell the princess that I am here?"

"I will inform the princess of your arrival once she is with the royal family. May I know who are you?"

"Ah yes, I forgot to introduce myself.", the figure lightly scratches at the back of his head indicating that he is embarrassed.

"I am Han Sanghyuk. Suitor of Princess Hayeon."