Chapter 1

Arranged Marriage

                                  

 

Kim Wonsik has been knocking furiously on the door to Prince Taekwoon's room for quite some time now. Has it been five minutes already? ten minutes? The bodyguard can not remember. He has tried his very best to run and catch the prince the moment he stood up from the dining hall when the king had revealed that he had chosen a person he thought the most suitable to be the wife of his only son, Prince Taekwoon.

Wonsik groans at the memory. "Taekwoon must have at least expected an arranged marriage for god's sake..", he grumbled under his breath.

He has befriended the prince since the very first time he set his foot inside the palace. Almost everyone he has talked with before working for the royal family, Wonsik has been warned not to stay too close to the prince because "His glares are like daggers! He must have hated the world ever since!", said by one of the maids with matching exaggerated hand gestures. But the moment he saw the prince, holding a cup of warm coffee while leaning on a balcony, he thought that he is not harmful. He braved the small distance separating him and the prince on that very moment (he was still scared okay), and introduced himself. He ended his introduction with a deep bow, a very deep one. He was quite surprised when he heard chuckle from the prince. "A pleasure to meet you, Kim Wonsik. No need for a deep bow, a normal one would do.", the prince paused to contain his laughter, "I'm sorry. You must have been so scared of me.", the prince continued with a slight grin on his face. Since then, Wonsik has changed believed that the prince is not what everyone seems to believe.

Inside the room, the prince has been pacing back and forth. He is trying to figure out a way to escape, but the continuous knocking of Wonsik has been putting off his thoughts for a few times already. He knows that his friend will try to convince him that this is happening for a good reason. But other than political relations, what's so good with an arranged marriage? He gritted his teeth at the thought and then proceeded to pick up a bag and started stuffing some clothes and other personal belongings there.

"Your highness! Open the door or I swear I, with all my might, will take down this door with my very own hands!", warned Wonsik from the outside. The prince's eyes got wide upon hearing the threat. The prince knows that Wonsik is not joking, and so he immediately finished his packing and hid his bag in (what he thought the safest place), under his bed. He let out a sigh before walking towards the door. He can still hear Wonsik cursing under his breath the moment he reached the door.

Outside, Wonsik is cursing while readying himself to take down the door. But as soon as he heard the twisting of the knob, he pushed himself in and blocked the doorway.

"My prince, I apologize for being rude but as your friend, I really am worried of you." Wonsik bit his lip, and as he is embarrassed of his behavior he decided to just look at the floor. That's when Wonsik noticed something odd. He walked slowly around the room, while Taekwoon is just standing and Wonsik is not really sure if the prince is actually listening to him. But the moment he reached the foot of the bed, he sensed the sudden movement of the prince and then it clicked. He immediately kicked the bag under the bed. He turned his head to look at the prince,

"Well, I suppose you have to make some explanations then?"

Taekwoon gulped.