On The Double

Sweet Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jieun..." Jungkook murmured in his sleep. He won't be waking up any time soon that's for sure. Meanwhile, Yerim was staring at him from afar behind a corner as if she weren't use to having another person living at their bungalow. Her eyes were filled with aspiration as she maximized her courage to do what she was about to do.

She confidently walked over and gave him a slap in the face. "What- Who's there!" He sprung up nearly frightening her to death. His lungs were rapidly being filled with fresh air as he watched the living room come into focus with the help of the sunlight. Morning traffic soon filled his ears. The echoing of his heartbeat through his ears softened after seeing Yerim awkwardly sat on the floor. 

"Whoa.. so it really does work." She stared at him in amazement. "Tsk, what the hell do you mean?" Then the pounding pulse returned to his cheek forcing him to grasp it. "Y-you slapped me, didn't you?? The heck." He yawned and sat up. For a few seconds there, he believed that living here was still part of his dream because it was too good to be true but he soon thought otherwise.
 

Suho suddenly came out dressed in a silver mandarin suit with his work bag in his hand, "Hey Yerim, I'm off to work-" His eyes moved towards the sleepyhead. "It seems you find sleeping on the couch more comfortable than a bed. Interesting." Jungkook stretched, "If you don't mind, I'd like to sleep on the couch from now on. I kind of got used to sleeping on bent and firm surfaces."

"Ahh I see. Whatever floats your boat."  Suho can tell that Jungkook still praises Joy since she had helped him through some tough times back when he was still the CEO of BTS.

"It's early but remember to get ready for work at the Golden Sun." He reminded while fixing his white tie, not knowing that Jungkook also works there.

"Right!" They both answered simultaneously. Suho got a little bit surprised by their unison. Jungkook's jaw dropped with her naively smiling back. It took him an extended period of time to understand the situation.

"She'll be coming with you then. Enjoy!" Suho gave a roarious laugh while closing the front door behind them leaving the two alone.

"Yayyyy we get to work side by side!! :D"

He was speechless, and she noticed, "Is there something wrong? Does your body hurt?"

"N-no nothing. Let's just go before we're late." Jungkook was going into deliriousness because he found it funny how coincidental all this was: Yerim turned out to be Joy's sister, and now she's his partner at the same workplace. What's next?

Jungkook was a little worried about her since he knows how that place has men that could cause trouble; the men who knocked him half unconscious to shoo him out while he was being fired. He was begging to tell her but what's twisted is that he already promised Shindong that he won't speak of any unfavorable things about the restaurant that he has witnessed to ensure his job and to have Yerim be on good terms with Shindong.

-

As usual, the neighbors and literally whoever walked past them greeted Yerim. It reminded him of how the workers at BTS use to welcome him — genuine smiles and playful gestures. When no one was greeting or having small talks with her, he used this opportunity to finally thank her.

 

"Last night... I was a bit too carried away with the food you gave me that I forgot to thank you for giving me a hand in getting the job. So thank you." He still feels awkward interacting with her because you can never know what s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter