Warming Up

Sweet Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho was in the kitchen cooking dinner while Yerim sat at their dinner table playing with pig dolls. She had a soft spot for pigs and dolls because she once dreamt of a person dressed in a pig costume who helped save her village that was inhabited by dolls. Surprisingly, from Yerim's dream recalls, that person's face closely resembled the face of Jungkook even though it was blurred in her dream. On another matter, it's been quite some time since Yerim has seen Jungkook after he left her to cool down from the encounter with Yugyeom.

"Gosh, he's been gone for a week! Unfortunately for him, that free shower is slowly diminishing. He knows that right?" He chuckled while flipping the omelette over like a well-seasoned chef. She pouted at him, "There you go again saying big words... like 'dimini...' whatever that word is. What's that mean?" Yerim paused, waiting for his reply. He laughed and came over, "What I'm saying is that we might never see him again." Hearing that made her feel a little bit melancholy. She really thought that she was going to keep another new friend.

After dinner, Yerim decided to go fetch the takeaway that she made earlier from the Golden Sun which is a restaurant where she works at. Her job is a waitress as well as a delivery girl. Suho thought the tasks that came with those jobs would be easy enough for her to handle. The staff there is very friendly towards her as they're well aware of Yerim's condition. They're also close friends with Suho which makes everything go smoother.

"Be careful Yerim-ah and make sure to call me if anything goes wrong." Suho tapped her head and off she went. The restaurant was literally three blocks away, so Suho didn't have to use his car to drop her off every time she wanted to go there.
"I wonder what Kookie's doing right now?" She strolled down the quiet streets with rogue cats watching her.

-

Jungkook was practising yet again. He's gone through so much hell after being chased down by the Crimson Lions that he barely remembers Yerim or Suho.

"I promise I'll do a better job this time. Please, even just a casual position back at your restaurant would be a blessing. I won't cause any more b-breakages or at least try to..." Jungkook's voice was overcome by hopelessness. He got back up from his knees, "This won't cut it. Despite being a 'lazy ' last time, I doubt they'd want me back again after firing me." He looked up at the night sky. The stars are somewhere behind the haze of grey clouds that is stretched thinly above. They blanketed the sky, hiding the full moon in its full glory behind them like how Jungkook is being protected from society since he's only seen as a troublemaker nowadays.

"No, I can't give up. Jiuen had faith in me that I could stand up again," He tightened his fists as his hopelessness dispersed at the image of Jieun in his mind. "Working as a waiter there may not be the best start, but it's the first step in redeeming myself and reclaiming my company from Yugyeom. Oh, how I missed my office." Before going there, he sprayed some deodorant on himself that he found in a trash can. Luckily, he was able to get his clothes ironed by a friendly old lady. Now he looks a bit more professional and better than before. Patience and perseverance! Upward and onward!

-
 
"Please!" Yerim suddenly heard a muffled male voice as she approaches closer and closer to the Golden Sun. She was able to hear lots of racket coming from there, to an extent it irritated her.

Jungkook — unaware that this place was Yerim's workplace — was content to work here. He will be on cloud nine if he gets in against all the odds. "You're getting on my nerves kid. Sure you can beg all you want but now is not the time. Our customers are leaving one by one because of you!" The manager reasoned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter