Peace

Sweet Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"... I want to remind everyone that we have a string of new policies. More details will be discussed in coming meetings." Yugyeom observed the reactions of everyone hastily as they sat around the large, white, meeting table. "As you all know, we have revised our expected growth for the coming three years from 3% to 15%. Any problems? If not, let's go to our current projects." Suzy was seated next to Yugyeom. Inside, she had a grudge against his management style, unlike Joy who thought Yugyeom was a better leader than most. So far while working in this company, she noticed that he was too inconsiderate, full of himself and lacks empathy to be a real leader even though the company has been going fine in his hands (or so they thought).

"I have followed up with T Bobbi's new contract. He accepted our terms and signed the contract." Suzy informed before Yugyeom moved on to the next topic. He nodded with a straight face which was his way of showing approval. "Good job, next."

"Sorry, I have another thing to report. A Japanese fashion brand has drawn my attention. I have contacted their president, Mr Miyazaki." The others sitting around the table nodded their heads as she continued showing them her folio. "I am working on a proposal, and I hope we-"

"Don't bother, BTS already agreed that we will not work with Mr Miyazaki." Suzy paused her movements reluctantly as she gave an 'are-you-out-of-your-mind' look at Yugyeom.

"But why? They are sought after by many companies. It has potential to make it big here."

"The company alone decides whom to work with. I hope you don't take matters into your own hands in the future." Just like that, Yugyeom left Suzy in the dust as he casually switched to the next slide.

 

When the meeting was over, the others each forwarded out with heavy silence while Suzy and Yugyeom stayed behind. "Tell them their performance has been poor. They should work harder." Suzy looked at him in disbelief at his closed-mindedness. "Y-yes, sir."

"I only want to get rid of the bad seeds. Tell me, is that really the wrong thing to do?" He shrugged and left with his belongings.

Although Suzy has only been working as the CEO's right-hand assistant for a few months after Joy left, she's been regretting her choice to work under this 'tyrant' of a CEO. It was nerve-racking for her.

 

-

 

So, what's better to relieve the stress other than talking with a good friend? None when it comes to Suzy.

"You just came back from a huge fashion event, didn't think you'd call me so soon." Jieun laughed at Suzy's funny greeting, "We went to college together... you sound like I put work before friends."

"Or putting your boyfriend before friends? If Jungkook were free, you wouldn't have asked me out." They laughed as the waiter presented their meals on their table. "Oh yeah, isn't he busy nowadays?"

"I don't know, he said he's busy in the office, so he didn't have the time to go out with me..."

"I wonder how long he has to remain like this, as in an office boy. How busy can it be?" Jieun sighed as he really wanted to know what Jungkook was really doing nowadays.

"Not even that, he completely got dropped by his grandfather. I hope he's doing ok." Jieun slowly sipped the bubble tea in a daze. "Hm? Doesn't he live with you though?"

"I'd love for him to live with me but he refused. It's his pride you see. He feels inferior since he's embarrassed to live with me in his current state. He's trying to be a man, but I really don't mind." Despite the happy and classical music playing in the background, she tried to feel Jieun's uneasiness.

Then, Suzy remembered to tell her something, "Oh and hear this. We hear that a 'massacre' is coming. Layoffs from different departments at BTS like accounting and marketing." Suzy showed Jieun a newspaper she collected on the way here. To Jieun's surprise, she bulged her eyes which stopped her from drinking, "For real? Yugyeom is really that ruthless? I thought he was only like that to Jungkook, but to his own company? What is he doing behind the scenes?"

"I know right. Since taking over BTS, he has conducted a massacre. People were fired or got warning letters. He said it's in the best interest of the company, but I'd say he just wants to take credit. Working as his right-hand assistant was already so tough in the first week. He assigned me a large project to follow too." Suzy grunted while tilting her head upwards. Jieun giggled, "That's great. It means he sees highly of you. You came out unscathed."

"Well, that's not the case. Apparently, Joy told me that he's a workaholic and is hard to cooperate with. He wants me to get a major label but the label doesn't even care for BTS. He gave me a mission impossible. He wants me to fail, and so he can fire me. Oh yes, you are well connected. See if you can get me a job?"

"So pessimistic Suzy... You won't get fired that easily. And it's not that I don't want to help you but I can't even save my own skin."

"You're a top model. What do you mean you can't save your own skin?"

"I want to marry Jungkook but he's in such a state, I don't know what to do." Suzy gave her a sly smile while edging closer, "I get it. You thought he's the one but, his share price has drastically fallen. It's easy, just cut your loss. If only he's stock, it will be easy to let go." Suzy joked.

"He's a person. I've been dating him for so long, there are feelings involved."

"So? You mean to take a gamble? The prospect is bleak."

"I know. But it's the guy you want to marry. You can't easily give up. Just like how you won't easily give up." J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter