Mission Complete

Sweet Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was only a few minutes when Jungkook realized that he wasn't broke anymore and that he didn't have to run to the nightclub. He got a taxi soon enough and instructed the driver.

They drove around the town, past fountain after fountain, through gas stations and around museums. It felt like ages to Jungkook, and he cannot stop thinking about what dangerous scenarios Yerim could be in.

Even though they were only a few meters from reaching the destination, he shouted for the driver to stop instead of letting him park the car leisurely. Due to the pressure of his desperate plea, the driver nearly ran over a pedestrian but managed to dodge it with a nonchalant swerve. Jungkook hurriedly paid the driver and hopped out, almost tripping in the process.

 

-

 

"Whoa I need to dress like this? Why am I in a school uniform?" Yerim examined herself intriguingly, "I usually dress casually for work."

The middle-aged bloke chuckled, "We are a big joint, we have to be properly dressed ya know." He found it weird how Yerim didn't show any fear or signs of regret, "Be proud, you're an innocent school girl who acts the part. I like it. Now show me what you can do, missy." He ordered, resting one arm on the carved part of the sofa. Yerim clapped like a seal, "Sure! I can sing and dance too!"

"Even better! Show me. I'd love to see it!" He was expecting some seduction from her, but she ended up singing a kids song. The patron wasn’t sure if she was deliberately obtuse or if this was how she actually acted.

"What the hell is this bull?"

She didn't know what she did wrong, "It's easy! Let me teach you! Let us sing together."

"You nuts? There's no way I'm dancing to some kindergarten song. Even my daughter wouldn't dance. Just leave."

"Wait, but I can't leave this room because I have to make a quick buck."

"You're creeping me out. Just go. Here's the tip." He kept his distance when giving it to her.

 

Then Jungkook comes charging in like a bull which nearly broke the door. He cursed himself for having been so selfish.

" old goat! Stop taking advantage of her!" He pushes the guy over, sending the money flying out of his hand.

"Hey! Don't make a scene here. Want me to call the police?" He got back up on his feet, red in the face from the wine.

"See if I care?! She is mentally challenged, you coaxed her to be a taxi-dancer." He yanked her back behind him, without taking his eyes off of him, "Come on Yerim, we're going." He led her out into the dark near a river while the bloke was left mind-boggled and confused.

 

Jungkook didn't even care that he was holding her hand at this point since he was so pissed, "What's wrong with you? Working at a nightclub as a pole-dancer or a freaking taxi-dancer? They are all horn-dogs. You almost got yourself into big trouble." Yerim's chin was sunk down on her collarbone and her hands mashed against each other, "I meant to make a quick buck."

"What for? Since when have you become so money-mad?"

"I'm not money-mad. I-it's to help you make a comeback."

"Help me comeback?"

"Yeah, you once said you had to make a quick buck. So I saw the ad in the newspaper: a job that offers paychecks of $3000 every day. I thought I could help you..." Jungkook felt terrible for not taking her seriously in the first place when she told him about it. He had his hands on his hips with his back slouched still out of breath.

Yerim took a glance at him and noticed his troubled face, "I'm sorry, I didn't know you didn't like it." In all honesty, he was feeling more worried than angry, but the smile was coming, the long corners of his mouth were going up.

 

"But now without the job, how will you make a comeback?" He placed his hand on top of her head, "Don't worry, I'll come up with a way." He was focused on something else though. He still denied that the nightclub belonged to Yugyeom as he saw the logo of BTS shown at the front of the building because it's unthinkable. I can't believe Yugyeom owns a nightclub and probably many more that I don't know of. What is he up to with my grandpa's business?

After a few moments, Jungkook loosened up a bit. She had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter