Rising

Sweet Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook wasn't heartless. He dropped the knife and searched under the soles of his shoes. "An airline ticket to Australia? So that was what she was trying to get. Why didn't she say that earlier? Crazy girl." He didn't know who the ticket belonged to because the name was smudged from the mud. Now that he recalls, he did see something yellow that he stepped over when running away from the chefs. 

Following them was a challenge as the rain was making everything look indistinct. When he turned from a corner, he saw the two girls just when they were getting into their car. 

"Hey! Excuse me!" He ran through puddles, pedestrians and huge, inching cars to reach them, nearly slipping in the process. Joy and Yerim turned around noticing the young man who was dripping wet. Yerim looked at Joy as if to tell her that this was the man she was talking to. The umbrella above them was able to make communicating a little more manageable over the rain.

Jungkook bent down to the younger girl as she was already in the car oblivious to the older one. "Here." His hand stopped in midair as he realised that the piece of paper was all wet and soaked. Joy recognised him. "J-Jungkook?!" He heard his name and looked up at the dark-haired girl. "Joy? What are you-?" Yerim watched them trying to converse. 

"You two are getting wet. Look! There's plenty of room in the car." Joy agreed. "She's right. Let's get you in. We'll talk later." Jungkook had no time to say anything back and went with the flow. He wanted to get out of the rain too. Later they stopped in front of the two girl's home. 

-

Joy quickly unlocked the door for them. "Come in." She shut the door behind them. "Yayyyy we made it!!" Yerim exclaimed wiping off the rain from her forehead.

There was awkward silence as they sat down except for Jungkook. He didn't want to dirty their clean furniture with his clothes. Yerim looked at him wondering who he was and Joy noticed. "Don't worry Yerim, I know him. He's not a bad person. This man use to be my boss at where I work, BTS." Jungkook sighed and remained standing. 

Joy was Jungkook's right-hand assistant along with Yugyeom at BTS, but now she works for Yugyeom since he's the current CEO.

"Ooohhhhhhh," Yerim said while puffing up her cheeks. "Jungkook, it's been ages since I last saw you. How have things been?" Joy asked grabbing him a towel. Jungkook didn't say anything and refused her offer.

"It's been months since you worked in BTS, I didn't get the chance to say this, but I'm sorry that you got..." Jungkook nodded at the fact without the need for Joy to finish.

Yerim stared up at his hair. She swore she saw blood when she first saw him.

"It's all dirty now... sorry." Jungkook apologised to Yerim. "Ahahah don't worry, I can always buy another one." Joy assured.

"Is this yours?" Joy nodded, "As you probably know, I'm planning on going to Australia tomorrow. So a girl named Suzy will be taking my spot as the right-hand assistant for Yugyeom." Jungkook smiled faintly and placed the ticket on the kitchen table. 

"So um how's BTS doing?" He finally asked. Jungkook saw in the newspapers that his company have been leading new projects. 

"...If you want to know the truth, he's doing quite well. Our sales have increased a lot..." Joy figured that she should stop there. Before things were about to get more awkward, Jungkook exhaled and got his hands behind his head, "Ahhhhh well, it can't be helped. BTS would be better off under Yugyeom anyway. I'll probably run BTS to the ground." Yerim and Joy looked at each other. 

He noticed Yerim staring at him which brought his mood down, "What?" Yerim quickly looked away, "Oh um, she's my younger sister, Kim Yerim. As you can see by the way she acts, she's... mentally challenged." 

"Mentally challenged??" Repeated Jungkook watching as Yerim quickly went and began to play with pig dolls. Jungkook immediately felt the sharp pain of regret in his chest as he thought of how he intimidated her earlier. He understood now why Yerim was so rash when she wanted to get her sister's ticket back, but he still thinks she's weird and annoying.

Having lost all motivation, he pulled out his gaming device and started playing on it, "Wow you still haven't lost your old habits huh?" asked Joy.

Jungkook knew that that was why he was not fit to be the CEO, he just can't be bothered with anything. Any spare time would be filled with gameplay. Somewhere in his heart, he envied Yugyeom with a heartbreaking surge of self-pity.

"How else am I suppose to improve myself if I have nothing left? I'm the joke of society now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter