Honesty

Sweet Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They both sat in front of a cafe opposite of each other. Jieun wore a pink flutter top with soft cargo pants while Jungkook's clothes haven't changed a bit.

"What is it? You don't look happy this afternoon." Jieun asked while taking her sunglasses off. She giggled at his cute fidgety movements. Two things were bothering him. One was Kim Yugyeom, and there was another that took priority.

"You know about the necklace I gave you..?" Jungkook started without looking at her. Jieun smiled and took out the necklace from her bag and placed it on the table. "Why don't you return it to the jewellery shop?" A shock came to him, but he felt a wave of relief. Jungkook lifted his head up, "I-t can't be better! I meant to ask you about it... I kind of forgot that grandpa has cut off all my credit cards and the jewellery shop asked for it back. Because of that, they require me to make a cash deposit to them under my name and-

-you don't have the money to pay the jewellery shop, so the only option was to return it." She finished off by laughing. He nodded in shame, "I didn't know how to break it to you..."

"No need to worry now haha" She opened his hand, placing the necklace in his palm.

"I was so desperate to give you the necklace since I haven't given you anything and so.... what grandpa had done to my credit cards slipped from my mind." Before he fully accepted the necklace back, he knew that the remorse would eat at him every day of his life if he didn't say anything more.  

"Hold it, I remember you said you liked it. Did you know how my grandpa did that?"

"What does it matter? I knew that that was the case, so that was why I was a bit reluctant to receive it in the first place." Jieun explained while thanking the waitress who placed two ice glasses of water down onto their table.

"If you see something I like, you can get it for me then ok?" Jien laughed.

Jungkook held her hand, "You are so good to me, but I can't give you anything."

Jieun shook her head, "I'm contented to have you and nothing else." She meant that. They've been dating for a year now, and their feelings for each other have grown by a mile ever since.

He suddenly threw his arms in the air, "God, why are you playing with me? You've given me such a marvellous girlfriend but a heartless grandpa... "

"Don't say that. Though I have only met him a few times. I can tell he loves you very much. Plus, it's not like he's going to keep you suspended once he wakes up. He'll forgive you when he's not mad anymore. Don't worry about it."

"I do hope so. I don't know what to do with the coming days. I meant to.. take you on a cruise then to a charity ball. Just forget about it... I guess." The couple went silent then Jieun said something, "I guess... I'm sorry too." Jungkook blinked faster than usual. "What makes her say that?"

"I looked a bit gloomy the last time I saw you also because..." Jieun noticed his sad bunny face and decided to tell him later. With the sigh, her shoulders relaxed and her face lit up into the person he once fell in love with. "Let's move on to something more happier, did you say a ball? Let me take you there." She stood up and took his hand. "H-hey! Wait!"

-

They arrived, and elderly people were dancing around on the concrete surrounded by ailanthus trees. "You call this a ball?" Jungkook scrunched up his face, "The people are old, the song is old. What are they singing? It's boring..." He whined turning around. 

"Give it a try, you won't see it that way afterwards. Come on!" She pushed him into the centre with the other people and joined them. Jungkook got a bit stingy at the start, but once he got the hang of it, he continued and surprisingly had lots of fun. His soft lips stretched into a smile and soon to joyful laughter. They danced till sundown.

-

"Whew! The grannies and granddads were much better singers than I thought hahaha." They held hands smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter