Break-up

Sweet Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a lonely night, Jieun decided to take the initiative and take Jungkook out to spend time with.

"I told you we shouldn't eat at the street food stall. You're not used to it." Jungkook swung an arm around his shoulder to stretch.

"Not really, it's fine with me. It's quite quaint. Moreover, this food stall is famous." She answered happily while sat on a folding chair, still trying to make herself comfortable.

"Why did you insist on coming here though? You're looking down on me too? That I can't afford to take you to a better place?" He stared at her, troubled.

"We weren't able to go out, so I just wanted to eat with you. I chose this place, not because I thought you couldn't afford a better place. I want you to know that I'm contented just being with you."

"Sorry then. It's alright." He felt embarrased and stupid for thinking that. Just when things were getting less awkward, Jieun's phone rang. "Hello?" She stood up embarrassed, "Sorry, feel free to order anything." Her back was facing him when she was able to get some distance to take the call.

Jungkook gazed at her stance calmly, as if he had seen it a thousand times before.

His hands were rammed into the pockets of his jeans because it was getting cold. He then remembered Jieun's check and felt for it in his back pocket. It was still there which was a relief. He was surprised that he hasn't lost it yet. It was getting a bit dirty by the looks of it.

Then some jocks that forced him out of the Golden Sun appeared from around the corner and noticed Jungkook through a flurry of people. Crap, worst timing ever. Why are they even here? He copied Jieun and turned his back to them hoping they wouldn't approach him and start trouble.

"Wow it's really you. The heir of BTS." One came over and sat with him, making him shut his eyes. "It seems your wounds have healed. Did you want us to create more?" Jungkook excused himself and took his drink to another table and sat down. "Why's someone so high in rank, eating at a street food stall eh?" Jungkook jerked his jaw trying to ignore his callous remarks, "Oh yes, I forgot you got kicked out of BTS, so you are no longer the heir. To be honest, it's a pleasure when I drive my expensive car here to eat, but it's called 'down and out' when you can't afford to eat anywhere else. Actually, a street food stall is not that bad, but you aren't so cheap as to let your girlfriend pay? Life of a kept man is addictive. Beware."

 

"You done talking?!" Jungkook sprung up, lifting a chair above his head, but it clipped his hands which forced him to let go of the it.

"What is it?" Jieun finally came over due to Jungkook's violent behavior.

"It's none of your business." He growled while trying to composed himself.

"Hey, I know we have nothing in common. But it's between you and me. Why rant it on a woman?" Jungkook winced with almost a personal shame and runs off while Jieun chases after him all the way back to her home.

 

-

 

"What the hell got into you? Why did you get into a fight for no reason at all?"

"No reason? You know what he said?" Jungkook plopped down onto the sofa with his hands on his face.

"Why should you care what others say? Someone uttered a few words, and you nearly got into a fight with him. If you care so much about what others have to say, why don't you think about how to pick yourself up and find a way to get BTS back?"

"You've finally made it clear huh? I'm useless, I'm scum."

"There's no use throwing tantrums, Jungkook. You're gonna wallow in self-pity for the rest of your life?"

"YEAH, I'll be like that for the rest of my life. Satisfied? If you don't like it, you can go. Go now!" He was so ticked off that he didn't know what he was talking about.

"This is my house."

"A-alright, I'll go then." Jungkook stammered and stormed out without closing the door, leaving Jieun in a vulnerable state.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter