Life Or Death

Sweet Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The company BTS (boutique company) was successfully run by Jungkook's grandfather. One day, he ended up in a hospital, and his spoiled grandson, Jeon Jungkook took over the company for him. However Jungkook was incapable and loses control of the company to Yugyeom, a genuinely skilled manager. Because of this, his reputation has been devoured and spat out like it was nothing. He's clueless to what he should do now.

 

"Fired?!" asked Jungkook.

"You impertinent piece of trash. Couldn't even do the simplest of jobs properly!" complained the chubby, blue-overalled manager. His eyes wandered over the restaurant's kitchen. There was a pile of cracked and smashed tableware lying on the floor. Jungkook knew he can't be fired again. "Can you give me a break man?? Please I need this job. Otherwise, I don't know what I'll do..." Jungkook pleaded while beginning to clean the place up even though he knew that it won't change the manager's mind.

"Hahah kid, stop your act. This is why you're not fit for the CEO position of your company. You lack commitment and attentiveness. Pathetic for the grandson of an industrious man who owns one of the most significant financial businesses in the world, even if you two aren't related." A group of menacing-looking men came behind him, "Boys, throw him out." The men did as they were told with Jungkook fighting back. Since Jungkook wasn't giving up, one clobbered him with a wooden chair which silenced him. They spat on him before returning back to their restaurant.

Jungkook was on his hands and knees unable to comprehend his emotions, "This cannot be happening... This is my 5th time being fired after finding a job." He pictured Yugyeom's smug face. He despises him now. After their years of friendship, it came clear that Yugyeom desired power over their friendship but to think that he would betray him was beyond a scum. He threw a cardboard box at them out of hate, but they ignored him; the last thing he wanted.

Jungkook had nothing on him, besides a pair of dirty jeans and a scrawny white t-shirt. He took his cracked phone out that was nearly dead and rang his girlfriend, "Hey Jieun-ah, can we talk?" 

-

They both met in front of a grocery shop. The clouds that had been wispy and white in the morning were now darker and denser. It started to drizzle.

"Sorry... that's the best I could do." He felt like he wasn't good enough for his girlfriend who's a supermodel. Jieun looked at him and was able to smile faintly, "Thanks, it's a um nice necklace." She looked down at what Jungkook brought for her. She knew it didn't cost much, but she expected that, since his boyfriend is no longer the CEO of BTS, let alone unemployed. 

"So how was your new job?" Jieun studied his face and knew that something bad had happened. "I see... that's ok! You can always find another one." She smiled while holding his grubby hands, "My parents must feel disappointed in me up there. I'd hate for them to see me like this if they're still alive. It seems everyone's forgotten about me and I'm sure grandpa won't be happy once he wakes up in the hospital to know that an outsider has taken over his company instead of his only grandson." Jungkook's eyes closed and himself into a deeper place to cope his agony. All Jieun could do was his caramel-coloured hair and hold his hand. 

Before Jieun could say anything to comfort him, she noticed blood dripping from a few strands of his hair, "Jungkook! What happened??" She quickly grabbed a tissue from her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter