Chances

Sweet Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We're going to China town for a bit. Wanna come with?" Jungkook asked loudly while they were heading out the door. "Nah dude, gotta mark papers," Suho answered from his room. "Wait, how are you guys getting there? Do you need me to drive?"

"I'll use my motorbike that my grandpa gave me again." Suho nodded in relief. They shrugged and went out. "Bye bye Suho!" He smiled at her little sister's response. It was no mistake having Jungkook live with them. Yerim now has someone to play with unlike before, where he didn't have enough time to keep her company even if Joy was here as she was also busy with work.

Jungkook's face softened as he sees Yerim enjoying herself eating cheesecake while sat on clay blocks. "Here, have some." She suddenly slammed the cream-topped cake into his face. The cake slowly slid off of his fringe and face like butter on a knife and dropped to the ground through his legs. His eyes blinked a couple of times before realizing what had happened. "Um, what do you think you're doing?" He asked while giving her a menacing glare. Luckily they were sat where there weren't many people around. Otherwise, he would've been so embarrassed. "That's what Zac did in the movie :D"

Jungkook gave a deprecatory laugh, "Um, no he didn't." He stood up and wiped the last bit of cream off of his shirt. Yerim must've pretended that Jungkook was Zac Efron in Hairspray since he dressed similarly to him before they went out a few days ago. Jungkook let it slide and even complimented on how good the cake tasted as he his lips. Then shock came to him as he realised that Jieun was waiting for him at the airport.

 

-

 

Jungkook got off of his motorbike and ran towards her. It took him half an hour to find her. He was supposed to meet her at the airport for a date but forgotten since his phone is unusable. He thought he was calm enough to talk to her, but then a sudden weight of guilt made sweat come out on his forehead, amorphous yet very strong sense of guilt as if Jieun knew what he’s been up to.

"Jieun, how come you're here?" She refused to look at him.

"I came here directly from the airport, waiting the whole night. Why didn't you give me a call? You have been busy. Whenever I called you, you were either working, or you didn't take my call." Jieun clutched her bag nervously.

There was something in her eyes when she was speaking that made her look wise and old in spite of the elegant clothes she wore and her windblown hair.

"Yes, I have been busy." Jungkook kept his mouth mysteriously shut. He wasn’t going to tell her anything he had done. Let her imagine what she pleased to avoid any unnecessary quarrels.

"Alright, then tell me what you were busy with? And this isn't something you'd wear." Jieun tugged on his blue jacket. Jungkook tried putting on a brave face, "You have been waiting here for a long time, let us go for a bite? Le-"

"No, I'm leaving." She walked to her car, hoping Jungkook would chase after her. "Wait, are you angry with me?" Jungkook grabbed her hand gently, but she extricated his grip, "Something's not right between us. I understand. You've been fired, you are not happy, you are under great pressure. But I never meant to let you face it alone, I meant to share it with you," She pursed her lips while looking up to the nightsky, "It turns out you don't need me..." He held her hands desperate to prove her wrong, "I do, I do need you. I didn't want you to worry. That's why I didn't talk about what I've been doing lately. No matter, just trust me, I am serious. I may look flippant to you. I failed to give you a sense of security, but you are the first and last girl I want to spend my life with." 

He hesitated again, trying to choose his words. He was still in a state of trembling apprehension, though Jieun was not angry with him anymore, "I told you, I really want to marry you. Believe me, I mean it, I am serious." Their eyes met briefly before she broke eye contact. Jieun couldn't hold in her smile after the sweet talk from Jungkook, "Is this a proposal?" His smile soon matched Jieun's, "If it was, you wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter