Let It Be Love

Sweet Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy was in the middle of yoga when she heard the ringer going off. She fell over but managed to reach her phone. It was Yerim and her smile widened.

"Hey Joy....”

"Aww hey Yerimmie! Wait, before anything. Has Suho been looking after you well? He better be.”

“Yea...”

“That’s good!!” she exclaimed.

Joy waited for her little sister to reply with her usual cute and bubbly voice. But she didn’t.

“Hm? What’s wrong? Is there something you want to tell me?”

Joy thought it would be better to initiate. “Be honest with me.”

“I have always been honest with you.” Yerim suddenly answered, as if nothing was wrong.

“Then let me ask you, are you still in love with Jungkook?”

“How did you know?! Can you read my mind??”

“That means a yes! I just had a hunch that you would be.” Joy knew there was something wrong the second Yerim was slow with the talking aspect as she’s normally very talkative and upfront. Knowing her sister, it’s definitely something affection-related and she was spot on.

Yerim was going to talk about how much she missed her big sister but the thought that she might be in love with Jungkook, got the better of her, making her attention-span go haywire lately.

On the other end of the line, the sweet girl just smiled, totally ignorant to the meaning of love. For as long as she remembered, she has always liked being with Jungkook. It makes her feel safe and included. No stranger has treated her as kindly as he has, and she feels that no matter how oblivious she may be at times. It was Jungkook who always believed in her and encouraged her when others were too protective. With the confidence boost, she’s able to do things like never before. All of that soon transformed into premature love before she knew it, which she’s still unsure of but only time will tell. To make things worse, with Jieun coming back to the scene, it might not just be all innocent as Yerim think it is.

 

-

On one Sunday morning, the two were selling their pig dolls in their little market. A standup shop with undercover shade. A variety of pig dolls were placed in a line for display as customers browsed.

“They’re selling! They’re selling!!”

Jungkook smirked, “Yea but I’m glad this is only temporary. When we finish painting our shop, we can sell them in there and lots of them too.”

JK wanted to open a carton of more pig dolls as they were running out fast but so did Yerim. His hand accidentally placed itself on top of her soft hand. She just stared. She didn’t know about Jungkook but she was waiting for him to remove his hand since she got to the carton first, thinking it was common sense. For him, it wasn’t that simple. A kind of seizure took over him making his insides all tingly. He finally took his hand off in a hefty manner. No matter how many times their hands have touched by accident (or on purpose), it’s a new feeling every time. He hasn’t gotten used to it, yet.

“Is there something wrong with your hand?” she asked, eyeing him, before opening the carton. LOL

“Nothing, just a cramp.” Jungkook faced the other way trying to get over it.

“Cramps are hard to bear,” She nodded with her brows furrowing, “I’ll get you some soothing cream!”

“No, I’ll be fine.”

“Let me give it a rub.”

“Please don't.” Jungkook quickly rejected her offers one after another as to not make things more awkward as they already are. Yerim pouted and stared at him with her head on one side, “You’re weird today.”

“I-I'm not...” He went back to the customers, slightly blushing. “Feel free to take a look guys.”

She started handing the pig dolls one by one to Jungkook, whose smile got bigger and bigger as the pile of money grew in their little jar as the day wore on.

When she was younger, the brunette girl once found a lost rabbit which got injured on the side of the road. Suho, Joy and herself brought him up to full blast in their little home. Actually, it's almost like raising Jungkook as he started out with a similar situation as the rabbit after getting fired.

They’ve been together for too long that the feelings involved could not be ignored. She didn’t want to talk to Suho about it because it’ll be weird. So, she spoke with good old Shindong.

“Isn't that brat suppose to help you make pig dolls?” he was saying.

“He said he’s busy because he wanted to focus more on his company…” They were sitting at a table in the Golden Sun in the later hours of the afternoon. “He avoided talking to me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter