Mother's Warning

Love at Sixteen

#03


"I'm home!" Hana ran inside the house straight into the kitchen. She opened the fridge and smiled when she saw her another one third of cake is still there in the fridge. She ate the cake yesterday together with that boy which she only gave him only a spoonful.

Hana took out the balance of the cake and she went upstairs straight to her room.

"Hmm~," Hana hummed happily when the coldness of the cake and its sweet and crunchy Oreo spread throughout her cavern and to her taste buds. "Oh my god it's delicious!" Hana entered her room and threw her school bag on the bed. She put the plate of the cake on her study desk and stared to the picture she took yesterday. The twin rainbows.

The mint haired boy had brought her to a place where there is a green hill behind a line of houses in the end of the neighborhood and it was not that far from her house. Anyways, Hana was glad that she trusted him and followed him there. She got the most beautiful picture since that place was the closest to the rainbow. It was so beautiful.

Hana traced her index finger onto the rainbows before her eyes landed on a picture of the side profile of the boy. He was looking up to the sky and Hana accidently took the picture. She was lucky that he didn't notice about that. Though it was an 'accident' picture, she still keeps it because he looks so aesthetic and Hana loves aesthetic.

-

"Hey, I saw you with someone yesterday." Namjoon whispered to Suga. He didn't want to talk about it out loud because the others didn't see what he saw yesterday. Suga had brought a girl to a compound hill just behind his house. And Namjoon was there on his window watching them.

Suga didn't seem shocked or scared when Namjoon found out about it. He didn't say nothing which also means it was true that he was with someone yesterday.

"New friend? Shouldn't you introduce her to us?" Namjoon was excited because finally Suga interacted with someone outside of their group: especially when it was a girl. A pretty girl to be exacts.

Suga quickly shook his head; denying Namjoon's assumption.

"She's not a friend. And even if she is, I will not bring her here." Suga's word honestly hurt Namjoon. He really thought that Suga doesn't want to introduce the girl to a person like him, like their other friends.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Joon." Suga noticed how he had accidently hurt Namjoon's feeling. "I mean, she and me are from a different world. To be honest, I didn't even know her. I just met her to apologize for ruining her cake." Suga finally told the incident happened a week ago.

Now Namjoon is laughing.

"You ruined her cake?! For real?" Namjoon was amused to hear that. Usually he was the one who always broke or ruined something. Hearing Suga ruined someone's cake, was something new to him.

Suga rolled his eyes and he nodded.

"Whose cake is ruined?" A hair tied in pony tail girl joined their conversation.

"Nothing." Suga didn't want to talk about it. For him it was something unimportant because it was just an accident with a stranger who he had debt to. But now it was all settled.

Namjoon got it that Suga doesn't want to talk about it anymore. So he attracts the girl's attention and talked about another topic.

"Yeah, she is different." Suga mumbled alone as he stared at his girl-friend just now. He was comparing his friend and Hana.

That friend with pony tail hair had ear piercings and she wore a tight tee that reveals her navel with a skinny ripped jeans. She loves accessories that she wears lot of rings and bracelets. The other four girls are just the same as her. They looked rock and brutal but they are still sweet girls.

But Hana, she was feminine. Her ears are clean and clear from any pierce holes. She wore a medium size tee that was not too small and not too big but still looks good on her. Her face was smooth and looks soft just like an angel. Her hazel brown hair was natural and she was just an ordinary feminine girl.

 

Two weeks passed from the last time Hana saw and met Suga. Sometimes she would be wondering where he lives because she rarely seen him around her neighborhood. That made she thought of him as a special stranger. Because though he looks tough with his serious face and rough with his attires, he kinda kind to buy her a new slice of cake.

"We're here," Hana's mom spoke as she just parked at the side of the road. They are at the town. Right after Hana returned from school, she will bathe, have lunch and went to either ballet class or piano class in the evening and going to tuition class at night after dinner.

Her everyday life is like that. She was the only child in the family so everything was arranged by her parents. She never went against then because they didn't make her do bad things or something that is boring. But to be honest, Hana really wants to attend a photography class or a club.

Once in middle school, when she was thirteen and she fell in love with photography and its art, so Hana wrote Photography club in her co-curriculum paper registration but her mother changed it to a Cooking club.

Ever since then, Hana acknowledged that her life was controlled by her parents. If during weekdays she attends all musical and dancing class, in weekend, she will accompany her father on every Saturday morning to either riding horse or playing golf. And on Sunday, they will do groceries together.

If Hana was asked with whom she prefers to be controlled with, she would answer her father. Because she felt like she was in a quality bonding time with her father as they improved their relationship every weekend and he was the one who was the closest to her than her own mother.

"Hana, I've got meeting soon," her mother snapped her thoughts. Hana grabs her bag and got off the car without even saying bye to her mother. It was not because she was rude, it was because of a reflect action of her to get out of the car as soon as she can because her mother needed to attend a meeting soon.

Hana closed the door and quickly walked three steps ahead before suddenly slowing down her pace as she saw someone that was hardly seen in her life.

*   *   *

Suga was with his friends for the whole day starting from the Thursday morning. This is because he is celebrating his 19th birthday with his dearest friends. They went to the town since the morning to go to the amusement park, have lunch at famous jjajangmyun restaurant and watching movie. Now, they are on their way to shop before dinner and Suga didn't expect that he would see her ever again.

From afar, he saw her closing the car door. Today she looks different from her girly look. She wears long black cardigan that covers her short sleeves, wide round neck black tee and her tight skinny pants. Her hair was up in a bun and she wore sandals. She looks like she is going somewhere because she had a sport shoe's bag with her.

Suga can't deny that she looks stunning today. And when she turns around, Suga silently hoped that she would see him.

*   *   *

Hana saw him. Hana saw that minty green haired boy with his friends. Different from his tough looks before, he looks smart today with plain black tee and black leather jeans. During their two meetings, Suga wore ripped jeans and a dark green jumper with heavy stitch batch and the second time, he wore black shirt with thin bright pink stripes and denim jacket matched with his denim jeans.

To think about it again, they had worn similar clothing thrice already. First meeting was green, second was pink stripes and today, is black.

Still, though they sometimes might think about each other because of their accident and small talk, though they kinda wanting to meet again, they both didn't show the excitement on their face when they did meet.

Suga is still walking with his friends but he had his eyes on her. Hana is still walking too to her dance studio and she too, had her eyes on him.

There was that kind of feeling like I can't take my eyes off you. A kind of feeling that longs to see each other again even just for a glimpse. That was weird because they didn't know each other, even a name!

When Hana and Suga almost passed by each other; where their shoulders will absolutely slightly touched, somebody has grabbed Hana's shoulders away from the almost happened friction.

 

Hana was surprised, of course. But when she saw the person was actually her mother, she didn't push her away. She was just confused because earlier her mother said she had to attend a meeting. But instead of going to her appointment’s place, she got off her car and decided to walk her to the studio?

Hana slightly glanced to her mother before she looked back to see Suga and he did turned his head around to her too. He was slightly smiling at her. When Hana wanted to reply his smile, her mother pulled her closer to her as she says,

"Don't look at that boy. Never made eye contacts with a boy like that."

Hana turns to her mother with a frowns. What is wrong with her mother? Does she know that minty boy?

"They are naughty teenagers in our town, always disturbing people, a bunch of stupid and rude kids. Also, they didn't finished school. So never get acquainted with them, okay?"

Hana was totally surprised to hear that. She never knew that there are really such naughty kids in their town. She thought the characters exist only in movies. (One more thing about Hana, she only knew and believed what she was told by her parents and her teachers. She only knew things that were exposed to her.)

And today, her mother exposed to her about naughty teens in their town. And some part of her heart, today, doesn't want to believe in her mother.

-to be continued

 

 

Loooong time no update! XD I know this story is kind of slow in pace and this is what I intended to write: a slow romance story. Please enjoy reading and I would love to know your thoughts on this story.

~Sharin