Summer Festival 1

Love at Sixteen

#13


"He was just asking where the toilet is." Hana sighed. She was lying and trying her best to not make her mother suspicious of her relationship with Suga.

"Don't talk to him! Period!" Her mother accidentally yelled before she sighed; noticing her mistake. She moved closer to Hana and say, "Don't embarrass me and your father. Behave yourself."

Hana sighed again. She looked at her mother's back who was walking away and she turned around to see if she saw Suga anywhere but she doesn't. With heavy heart, Hana stepped forward, trailing her mother from behind.

 

 

"Hey, psst..Suga!" Jin was whispering from his behind. They were helping Hoseok's parents setting up their Grilled Seafood shop. Suga who just set up the front counter turned his head to see sweating Jin. It was summer and Jin is like bathing under the sun.

"What?" Suga asked lazily. He was not in the mood since after he fought with Hana yesterday.

"I saw Hana today. She was with her mother." Jin said with a smile. He noticed Suga hasn't wears a smile today yet so he tried to make him smile by talking about Hana.

Suga was reminded to Hana's mother's face yesterday. She saw them talking and Suga can never forget how she looked at him. He hates the way her eyes darken at him and he knew he can never win over Hana's family's heart. He knew already, he can't be with her.

"Don't want to see her? She’s at Jimin's shop now." Jin felt it was weird that Suga wasn't amuse with the info reported.

Suga was rather surprised to know that Hana is so close with him now. He needs to go. He wasn't ready to face her any time now. Without saying a word, Suga left the shop.

"Hey," Hana appeared right after Jin was left. Jin smiled awkwardly at her. If she asked about Suga, Jin didn't know what to answer. He sensed something has happened between the two.

"Where is Yoongi?" Hana asked timidly. By her sound of voice, Jin knew something was wrong.

"He's getting some things at the car. He'll be back soon." Jin smiled with a promising hope. Unfortunately, Suga didn't return after ten minutes and Hana left for her mother.

"Ya, what is going on with you two?" Jin hurriedly get to the car at the parking lot. He found Suga laying in the car at the backseat. Seeing Suga ignoring him, Jin turned off the engine and automatically, the air conditioner was turned off.

Annoyed, Suga sat up and growls. "What do you want?" He was pissed but Jin was double piss to hear Suga being disrespectful towards him.

"Did you fight with Hana? If not then why are you avoiding her? If yes then why?" Jin asked, giving no chance for Suga to skip from answering his questions.

"Yes we were. Because I know we couldn't be friends with each other. I knew it from the start but-" Jin immediately cut him off.

"But you still chose to be friends with her. You brought her to meet us and be friends with us. You still think that this was not the right thing to do but the problem is you are already in love with her."

Suga was speechless to how deep Jin understands him.

"Am I right?" Jin asked back.

"Yes," Suga admitted in defeat.

"You should finish what you have started Yoongi. You befriend her and you made her fall for you. And it was irresponsible of you if you left just because of the status quo. If you love her, then tell her. If she loves you, she will accept you."

"Will she still accept me regardless of who I am? You know what I mean hyung. I am not a good boy."

"If you want to keep that a secret from her, remember, that the truth will still unveil someday. It is better to tell her now. I can't promise you she will understand but I know that at the end she will choose to stay with you." Jin smiled while rubbing Suga's arm.

"How are you certain about that? I don't even know if she really likes me." Jin chuckled hearing that.

"Now I understand why Taekook loves to tease you. You are so dense Yoongi. All of us knew she likes you. And we knew that you like her too. You should apologize to her and maybe...confess to her. Summer romance is all girls dream!"

"Uhh.." Suga blushed as he looked away. Should I confess? He thinks when Jin has left him.

 

 

"...And I hereby, announcing the opening of summer festival!" Hana's mother was the VIP guest in the opening ceremony. She was on the stage, cutting the red ribbon as a sign of the beginning of the festival.

The guests clapped their hands and cameras are flashing to snap the memorable event.

Hana clapped her hands too and she stares at her covered hands. She was wearing thin, yellow colored with white polka dots netted gloves to match nicely with her yellow dress. She wears nicely for formality and her dress code today matched with her parents.

When the ceremony ended, it was now tea time where the guests will be having teas and chat about the successful event. Hana sighed in bore. She looked around to find elderly guests and the youngest she seen were in twenties. Hana bets, she was the youngest here.

"Hey," someone whispered closely from her side. Hana knew the voice. The person was Joy! Joy was smiling when Hana turned around and they hugged each other.

"I miss you." Hana said with a smile.

"Me too. Come, let's visits Hobi and Jimin's shop!" In instant, Hana was dragged out by Joy.

"B-but,"

"Quick before your mother saw us." Joy whispered again and Hana nodded with a smile. They bent their body as they made their way out and they ran to the said place.

The first person Hana saw was Suga. She was happy to see him but at the same time she was still mad because he started a fight and ditched her. So she looked away.

"Where are the others Joy?"

Silence.

Hana turned around and realized she was left all alone with him. Was this their plan?

"Hana I am sorry. Please forgive me." said Suga. He doesn't want to buy time because he knows Hana is still mad and she will leave if he says nothing.

"What are you sorry for?"

"For everything I said to you last two days. But, I really mean it when I said we gave you bad influences. I have been thinking a lot before I brought you to meet my dearest friends. And that makes you one of my dearest friends too. And I have been regretting my decisions yet I am very happy because I get to be close to you."

"Tell me Hana, was it a crime to be friends with you? Are you really didn't mind about other people saying when they see you with me? Do you not regretting being friends with us? With me?"

Suga sounded so broken and sad. He was frowning and he looks desperate to know her answer. He was nervous to be honest.

"It was never a crime to be friends with me. It will never be Yoon. Yes, I don't mind what people talk because what I know, I am happy to be with you guys. I can't deny it. I am angry at you since last two days but it flew away as soon as I see you now. Now tell me Yoongi, why are you worrying about us so much? Was it a crime for me to be friends with you?"

I am a sinner. Suga thought.

"I have a lot to tell you Hana. What I am going to tell you later requires your trust and understanding. And I don't expect you'll stay with me after you knew our true sides."

Hana frowns hearing that. What does that means?

"I will tell you at the last day of festival. Till that day, please prepare your heart and your mind." Suga sounded so serious for Hana to take it lightly. She can't even pull a smile for their whole conversation.

"Okay?" Suga asked because Hana seems lost with the heavy conversations they are having.

"Can you please smile for me once?" Hana suddenly asked. Suga was surprised by the sudden request that he smiles naturally as response. His smile brings a smile to Hana too and she was relieved to see Suga is still standing in front of her.

He is not going to ditch her today.

"Let's walk around." Hana invites with a smile that will never fail to melt Suga's heart. His cheeks turn pink and he looks away.

"Shall we?" Hana asked again.

"Sure,"

 

-to be continued


a/n

Hi! Long time no see! I hope you guys enjoy this update!

I hope you will drop some comments on the way because I'm dying to know how do you like the story so far :)

Have a good day lovelies!