Twin Rainbow

Love at Sixteen

#02: Twin Rainbow


On Sunday afternoon, Hana was lying on her bed after having lunch with her family. Hana lazily pressed the polaroid's camera button as she took a picture of her ceiling's bedroom. Her bedroom was in sky blue color and she really admired her ceiling which was painted with sky blue color and white; making it really looks like a cloud and she felt like she was lying under it.

 

A canon paper slides out from the camera and Hana pulls it out putting it beside her before she focused on the ceiling fan. Click! Hana smiled as she was satisfied with the quality of the camera and the picture paper. The polaroid camera was a birthday gift from her father.

 

Thinking about her birthday a week ago, Hana pouted. She celebrated with a small size cake which her father bought on his way home from work. Her mood that day was totally down. Plus, her anger towards that mint haired boy hasn't gone yet.

 

Hana sat up and she turned her head to look at a ten dollar kept in a small jam jar. She hasn't used the money yet. She had no intention to use it though. But why she kept it? She doesn't know why. Maybe she'll return it to him when they met later and she wanted a proper apologize from him.

 

One, because he ruined her birthday cake which also means, ruining her whole big day. Second, she felt humiliated when he left her with his ten dollar cash. It just that, she felt that he was rude.

 

Though he seemed to be older than her a year or two, she doesn't care. She won't give a because he had made her mad.

 

"Ahh! You greenie vegie hair!!" Hana suddenly yelled in anger. She huffed her cheeks as she laid back on her bed; feeling frustrated.

 

"Hana? Are you okay?" A knock on her door made her sat up again; in surprise.

 

*       *      *

The next day on Monday evening,

 

Suga was pacing back and forth as he waited for someone. He checked his wrist watch and then he glanced to a small box of cake on his bike. Yeah, he finally decided to buy a slice of cake to replace the girl's cake that he had ruined. He can't help it because he kept on having guilty feelings growing in his heart.

 

So today, he went to buy the cake right after he finishes his job shift. He bought only a slice because he couldn't afford the whole cake. Suga started to feel embarrassed when he knew how much a whole cake cost and how he just gave her a ten dollar.

 

"But it was better than nothing!" Suga reassured himself. He already paid a quarter of it, so it was okay he guessed. Anyways, he was planning to pay her ten dollar every month for six months to pay her back. He couldn't make a lump sum payment because he needed money too.

 

"But will she really walk by here in any chance?" Suga rethinking his decision to wait for her at the place they first met. He didn't even know her, her name and where she lives. But, she could live around here because she was walking on that day.

 

Suga looked around him. This neighborhood was pretty decent. Only rich people or middle class people can afford the house in this neighborhood. Just like three of his friends, Taehyung, Jin and Namjoon. On that day, he was in rushed to go to Namjoon's house, that's why he was here.

 

While he was looking around, he finally saw that someone that he had been waiting for. She was standing on the road hill, looking down at him who was waiting for her at the end of the small road hill.

 

"H-hey," Suga didn't know why he was stammering. But, he was pleased to meet her again.

 

 

Earlier,

Right after school, Hana changed her clothes to a pink tee with thin white stripes and denim shorts before she runs out of the house, wearing a pair of white sneakers. It was because she saw two crossed rainbows on her way home from school. She ran out in excitement, bringing along her polaroid camera to snap the picture of the rare view.

 

Her long, hazel brown wavy hair sways beautifully as she ran and it was pushed to the front, falling down on her chest as she stopped running. It was because she saw someone who she had held grudge on, was there, down the hill.

 

"H-hey," He greeted her with an awkward smile, and a stiff hand hanging in the air. Hana just stood there; having no intention to walk down neither to turn away. She came here for a better view of rainbows, not for his face.

 

 

Suga knew she was still mad at him when she had that straight face. Silently, Suga smiled because of the fact that she was sulky. It was his first time to soothe a sulky girl. He had never made his girl-friends mad at him. Only Taehyung and Jungkook did because they loved to annoy people and are in fact, are really annoying boys.

 

Suga picked the box on his bike's seat and he slowly walked up hill, approaching her carefully. He was afraid if she turned away but she didn't. Still, Suga is being cautious to approach her, because they didn't know each other. They are only tied with guilty and grudge held inside each of them.

 

"Firstly, I am very sorry for ruining your cake and your day. Second, here is a slice of cake for you, as my honest apology." Suga handed her the small box.

 

"Take it please," he said when she just stared at it.

 

"Where were you going that day?" Hana asked unsatisfied. He was such in a rushed till he couldn't avoid her. If his reason was acceptable then she might forgive him a little, only a little.

 

"To my friend's house. He called me in urgent so I was in urgence too." Suga really sounded genuine. He was truly sorry.

 

"The slice of cake maybe not the same as yours the last time. But I hope this could soothe you?" Suga himself wasn't sure of what he was doing. Whether he was doing good or not in soothing her, he doesn't really know. But when she took the cake, a burden finally lifted up from his shoulders and Suga felt really light. He is at peace, finally.

 

Seeing her smiling for the first time, made Suga smiled too. She looked up to him and said, "Thank you!" in a very chirpy voice. Suga immediately knew that he had bought a right cake.

 

"Even just a slice, thanks." Hana smiled again. If she was alone right now, she might scream her lungs out! Because it was the special made Crispy Oreo Cheese Chocolate cake that she wanted! Hana squealed in happiness. Internally, of course, While she stayed with a straight face to the boy.

 

"Were you going somewhere?" Suga asked because he might interrupt her journey to somewhere.

 

"Oh," Hana remembered her mission. She looked up to the sky and pointed to the rainbows. "I want to snap a picture of it." Hana doesn't know if the cake had affected her in some ways because she comfortably told the anonymous boy where and what she wanted to do.

 

"I know a better place to snap it. Come," Suga gestured for her to follow him down the road hill before he turned left at the corner. With a small trust building in Hana's heart, she followed him. She just trusted a stranger to lead her way, for the first time in her life.

 

- to be continued

 

They meet again! So Suga decided to meet her and apologize :')

will this be their last meeting? what do you think?

This story is kinda slow pace especiallyy in romance, but I hope you enjoy reading it!<3

Take care 'till next update!