Summer Break

Love at Sixteen

#10


Hana is lucky because in summer break, she is free. She is not only free from school and classes, but also from her mother's inspection. Her father works daily like usual in the city and her mother will be very busy to prepare for the summer festival.

Hana's mother is the leader for the Women's Association in town. Since she went there alone, Hana is left under her nanny supervision. Hana called her Summer unni because she only came during summer.

"Unnie?" Hana peeked into the kitchen where Summer is washing the dishes. They just had breakfast together.

"Yes Hana?" She turned around with a smile.

"I'm going out to play with my friends." Hana told her. Even before Summer could say anything, Hana cuts her off, "I'll be back before dinner!"

"Okay, be safe." Summer smiled. This is her first time seeing Hana is all excited on summer break. She used to play with Hana and helped her with home works.

Summer bid Hana a goodbye plus with a smile.

"I guess I have to play alone." Summer chuckled and she the TV. She is going to watch marathon movie or drama, anything that will entertain her in this empty big house.

.......

"Yoon!" Hana waved her hand when she saw Suga is waiting for her down the hill. He was listening to mp3 on the bicycle.

"Hey," Suga pulled off his earphones and he patted on the passenger's seat behind him.

"This is my first time riding a bike." Hana told him as she tried to get on the bike. Suga chuckled.

"Well then, everything we'll try during summer, is going to be your first time too." Suga turned his head back to her. Hana smiled. She was sitting with two of her legs on one side instead of spreading her legs at either side.

"Am I sitting correctly?" Hana asked when Suga is studying her sitting posture.

"Yeah but you can also sit with legs opened, like me." Suga looked down to himself.

"Which one is safe?" Hana guessed she will choose the safer way.

"Try sitting that way first," Suga said and without a cue, he started cycling. Hana is panicking didn't know what to do. This bike didn't have a passenger holder! Was it even exist?

"Hold me tight!" Suga shouted and fasten his cycle. Hana screamed and instead of tugging on Suga's shirt, she hugged his waist from the back.

"Min Yoongi!!" Hana can just scream his name in anger.

.......

Suga brought her to the village. When they entered the village, Suga slows down his cycling for Hana to enjoy the view. As he had expected, Hana has never been at the village before. Because she had no one to bring her here neither she knows someone from here.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Suga asked after he felt Hana's hand relaxed around his waist.

"Yes it is!" Hana agreed. "I have never knew there was a paddy field here. It is indeed very beautiful." Hana breathed in awe. The green view is so breathtaking.

"Can we stop for a second?" Hana asked because she wanted to take a picture.

Without answering her, Suga stopped. Hana jumped down and she took out her multi-digital camera. Then she took out her phone to take a picture too. Suga chuckled again.

"So polaroid too?" Suga guessed. Hana chuckled as she took the picture.

"I didn't bring it today." She said and looked at Suga.

"Can you?" She handed her phone to ask for Suga's help to snap her picture.

"Sure."

Click. Click. Click.

Hana checked the pictures and they were really pretty.

"You're good." Hana nudged him and Suga just raised his chin proudly. "Do you have a phone?" Hana always want to ask it. She was too shy to ask the girls but asking Suga herself is also embarrassing. If she had his number then she can keep in contact with him. Especially, when she missed him.

"Sorry, I got no phone." Suga smiled. He only have wired phone at home to keep in touch with his friends.

Hana Oh'd with a small nod. She was a bit sad. Suga snatched her phone away and he took a picture of himself. Hana watched in speechless.

"Hana," Suga called for her attention and Hana looked at him. Click. He just got a picture of them together. Suga smiled when he noticed that Hana wasn't looking at the camera but was looking at him.

"Since I didn't have a phone, this will do right? If you missed me, you can stare at the pictures." Suga handed back her phone. Hana was embarrassed again.

"I am just asking!" Hana hates how Suga can read her mind. Suga laughed heartily and he ruffled her head.

.......

"You guys! Here!" Jimin saw Suga has arrived at his house. All of the boys are there on the outside. They were sitting on a big square table which Hana guessed that table was really meant be sitting on it.

"You are the first girl to arrive Hana!" Taehyung came and forced a high five on Hana. Suga shot him a glare while he just grinned.

"We are going to catch a fish!" Jungkook told Hana. Hana already knew what they will do today but she still excited to be told by Jungkook.

"You mean fishing?" Hana asked. Jin and Namjoon laughed.

"That will take forever." They said.

"Look, Hana." Jimin called for her attention.

"We will jump into the mud," Jimin acted a small jump.

"Mud??" Hana didn't brought extra clothes!

"Yeah~ and we will catch the fish, bare handed!" Taehyung teamed up with Jimin and they raised their hands in the air as if they had caught the fish.

"Weirdos." Kyra and the other girls arrived. Hoseok finally smiled and jumped to hug her. From what Hana had seen, Hoseok is a clingy boyfriend. Just now while watching them Hoseok is just sitting there because he is waiting for Kyra. Maybe he was worried if something had happened because usually Hana will arrive later than Kyra.

"I'm fine hobie." Kyra pecked his lips before she came to hug Hana.

"Miss you baby," Kyra said in the hug and they kissed each other's cheeks. "Miss you more baby," Hana replied.

"Hey," Hoseok nudged Suga. "Aren't you jealous watching them? They baby each other." Hoseok pouted.

"What are you jealous at Hope. You're always getting babied by Kyra." Suga smirked.

"Yeah, I'm just waiting for you guys to give us real baby though." Jin came into the scene.

"Yah!" Hoseok playfully punched the two guys while the others laughed.

"What are you guys talking about?" Kyra asked and she looked at Hoseok as she linked arm with him.

"N-nothing," Hoseok was blushing and Kyra knew that it was something.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Jungkook changed their topic and attention.

They all went to the muddy field where there is no paddy planted yet. All of the boys jumped down. Some of them brought a net and some of them caught with bare hands.

For the girls, only Kelly and Joy jumped down. Kyra, Dahyun, Hanmi and Hana run around bringing a pail to put the fish. The boys did a great job and they actually caught a lot. They divided to each of them and kept some for them to cook in the afternoon.

After that, they went back to Jimin's house and while the boys light up fire, the girls are killing the fish lol. The fish weren't dead until they knocked them died. Hana almost cried watching the fishes were killed brutally but when she tasted the grilled fish, it was so tasty! She felt even sorrier because she actually glad that they caught the fish.

 

The next day and after, they went to catch forest beetles, then farming with Hoseok's grandparents, selling the vegetables and fruit, making and playing with the kites, have a picnic at the park, play music at Namjoon's house which was all well equipped with musical instruments (at that time Hana showed them her piano skills), baking cakes and muffins at Jin's house, played video games competition at Taehyung's house, played hide and seek around the neighborhood, and many more.

It is now week 2 in summer break and Suga brought her to their hide out. They will have a competition in Hana didn't know what yet. As usual, Suga will pick her and they will go everywhere, together.

Hana arrived to the two floor building and she already heard noises in the building. She and Suga walked in to see them playing with shopping carts.

"Oh my god where did you guys get this thing?" Hana was surprised. Was it even legal to borrow it to play?

"They were broken and thrown away. So I and your Suga, took it and fixed it." Hoseok hugged Suga's shoulder. Both Hana and Suga blushed when Hoseok mentioned Suga is Hana's. The others cheered and teased before Suga Shh'd them.

"Let’s get into team." He said.

"You both are together!" Hoseok pushed Suga to Hana while he himself went to his girlfriend.

"As usual baby," Hoseok and Kyra high-five before they intertwines their finger and brushed their nose together. Hana really admired the couple. They are never afraid and shy to show their love to public and Hana can see flames of love in their eyes. It never fades and it will never be.

Different from Jin and Dahyun, they loves teasing and dissing each other. Hana thought they were just a very close friend until Suga told her they are actually a couple and even weirder than Hoseok and Kyra.

"I'll wait for you guys at the finish line!" Hanmi announced and Taehyung shouted at her to be careful.

Hanmi didn't play extreme sports because she has a weak heart. She actually had undergone a surgery last year but she is still active. Taehyung has a crush on Hanmi but Hanmi ignored his obvious acts.

From what Hana observed, Hanmi actually likes Taehyung too. It just that, maybe she is afraid to have any commitment in love. Because she told Hana she may not live longer. She is still here just because she wants to enjoy while her life lasts.

Kelly and Joy? Kelly has crush on Jimin but Namjoon has crush on her. Jimin had already accept Kelly as his own sister and he treats her like one. Jimin supports Namjoon and Kelly. Kelly knew Jimin thinks of her as his little sister but she never gives up yet and so do Namjoon. Hana wished the best for Namjoon.

And Joy, she already has a boyfriend and his name is Sungjae. He is a friend of Taehyung who lived in the city. They met at summer festival two years ago because he came to visit Taehyung and since then they fall in love.

Now, Joy can't wait for summer festival because her boyfriend will be here for a week! It was a long distanced relationship and Hana salute them for their stable relationship. She wished them happiness too. A happy life for all of them

As for Jungkook, he is yet to be interested in love. He is strongly attached to Taehyung that Hana actually thought they both were different. Like, gay. Suga laughed hard on her face when she asked him whether Tae and Jungkook is gay. Unfortunately, they are not.

Yeah how can they were a thing when Taehyung obviously crazy over heels towards Hanmi? Hana shook her head and chuckled because she thought of that. But, to be honest, Jungkook and Taehyung matched together. They have a very strong chemistry like when Taehyung is sick, Jungkook will get sick too. If they are sad, each of them will realized first than the others.

"Tae and Kookie!" Taehyung raised Jungkook's hand. Taehyung's loud announcement pulled out Hana from her thoughts.

"NO!" Namjoon and Jin protested loudly. "You guys are dirty players!" Jin said with a strong head shook of disagreement.

"We gonna play paper rock scissor to decide your partner." Jin took action like a leader and called both pouty boys over.

"We?" Dahyun looked up to Jin.

"Oh, yeah you guys only." Jin laughed and pulled Dahyun closer by hugging her from the back. As if he was sorry to forget that he already teamed up with her.

"Actually I don't mind teaming up with someone else." Dahyun said as she tried releasing herself from Jin's tight embrace.

"No, no, I'm sorry!" Jin tighten his grip and kissed her head.

Hana smiled watching them.

"Let's get to our cart." Suga pointed outside. He was actually embarrassed to watch all the cheesy moments. He glanced to Hana who smiled and Suga doesn't know anymore.

The guys been telling him to confess before summer break ends but Suga is afraid to do so. He had the confidence that Hana liked him too but he is 50-50 sure of the chances to be accepted and rejected.

"How are we gonna do this?" Hana didn't know about today's competition until Suga told her to get in the cart.

"Huh?"

"I'll run as I push you. Whoever reaches the finish line first, is the winner. That's how the game goes." Suga told her. Hana Ahh'd. The game sounds fun and safe for her until Suga pushed her to the hill. Hoseok and Kyra is there waiting for the others while they chat and Hana assumed the hill to be the start line.

Wait. Going down the hill is the start line?!

"Yeahh!" Dahyun screamed in the cart with Jin pushed her to beside Hana.

The others then come out and Hana saw the other teams. Namjoon with Jimin. Taehyung with Joy and Jungkook with Kelly.

"I'm afraid of Joon!" Jimin screamed. Because Namjoon is the clumsiest boy in their group.

"I won't let you die Chim." Namjoon smirked.

"That doesn't sound convincing!" Jimin huffed his cheeks.

"Good luck Chim. Hope you're still alive." Taehyung and Jungkook grinned devilishly.

"You guys better don't play dirty!" Hoseok warned. He was so done with these two pranksters.

"I'll kill you if you do!" Kyra warned them too but the two only stuck out their tongues.

Suga doesn't care because as long as the troublemaker didn't disturb him. Only God knows what he will do to them if they did. Suga glanced to Hana because she usually smiling watching them being like this.

But he noticed Hana is no longer smiling because she was worried about the height of the hill. It was high, to be honest. But they already used to it, not Hana.

"Are you scared?" Suga lowered down to Hana. He whispered in concern.

"Yes," Hana breathe anxiously. What if they lose control and had accident? What if everyone got hurt? What if they did't even get down safely? There are so many ifs and Hana is scared to death. She can't say no now because it is too late. Jin is already counting to start.

All the worst thoughts flew away as soon as the warmth from Suga's hands on her hands spread through her cold sweats. Hana is grabbing tight the cart's side and Suga held her hands on top of it. He gently caressed her hands with his thumbs.

Jin is raising his hand as a ready signal.

"Believe in me, Hana. I will not let you go." Suga said with one last soft caress before he pushed his feet and both of them are going down the hill really fast.

In the trolly, Hana screamed all her lungs out.

- to be continued


RM IS SO CUTEE!! ><