The Fight

Love at Sixteen

#12


"Where are you going?" A voice snapped from behind Hana who was walking towards the door. Her grounded period has ended and today, she wanted to meet Suga and the others.

She told him last night that she will be able to meet him today. Or.. maybe not?

Hana turned around to see her mother standing across her, crossing arms over her bust.

"Meeting friends," Hana answered politely. She doesn't want to annoy her mother in the early morning especially if she just got caught going out today. Hana didn't expect her mother to be home today to be honest.

Her mother scanned her up and down and it made Hana nervous. Because she wears a short jean and a tee with word 'Am Sixteen' printed at her chest. Hana dipped her head down, getting ready to get scolded because she wore such attire.

"Today you'll follow me to the town." Her mother said and Hana lifted up her head immediately. What?

"But I--"

"Who said you can go out today?" Her mother cut off. Starting summer break, Hana went out without permission and her mother was displeased by her rebel. Grounding Hana is not enough. She needs to watch Hana closely.

"But my grounded period has ended," Hana reasoned and her mother was slightly amused by her audacity. Hana never talked back to her. She used to say 'Okay,' with no excuses.

"Not yet. You'll be grounded today as well if you didn't follow me. It’s either one. Stay or follow." Her mother was someone Hana couldn't beat. It was Hana's mistake in the first place. She skipped classes and getting wild without her mother's knowledge.

.  .  .

"Hana couldn't come today," Kyra told the others especially to Suga who was ready to pick her up at her house junction. Suga looked at Kyra and she just shrugged; doesn't know why Hana couldn't join them today.

"It's okay, we still can meet her soon," Hoseok tapped Suga's shoulder with a smile on his face.

"I hope so," Suga sighed. He hopes, Hana didn't get grounded today too. This is all my fault. Suga thought and guilty was growing non-stop in him.

.  .  .

Hana was brought to the center of the town. The moment she stepped out of the car, her jaw dropped in awe. The central park was decorated fancily and stalls and tents were built up everywhere. The summer festival is here! Hana can feel the vibes already!

So today, all Hana did was tailing her mother checking the progress of festival prep. She was told which area will sell food and drinks, the entertainment area and souvenirs area.

"So this is where the fireworks will explode, and the stage for performance is here," Hana heard the conversation between her mother and a manager which she doesn't know who.

She looked around to the clean field and imagined how the view at night would be. If the fireworks will display here, then visitors would need to bring together a mat to lie down and to enjoy the fireworks show.

"May I look around mother?" Hana asked her mother when she was bored hearing the business conversation. Her mother hummed and Hana escaped from the field to the foods section.

The festival will start in two days for a week and that was the peak of summer break. Which mean, holiday will end and school will start soon. Hana pouted thinking about her schedule during school days. She'll get busy soon and her time to spend with Suga will lessen. Hana sighed.

Tap.

Hana's shoulder was patted so she turned around and she saw a red goblin masked person stood behind her.

"Bo!" The goblin tried to scare her off but she just stared at the person.

"Tch, this wasn't horrifying I guess." Suga revealed his face from behind the mask. He was helping Hoseok's and Jimin's family preparing their takoyaki and grilled squids stall when he saw Hana wandering around.

"Yoongi!" Hana was enchanted to meet Suga that she jumped and hugged him in pleased. While, Suga was startled that he froze with hands in the air and his heart rate went insane.

"I am happy to see you here! What are you doing here?" Hana released the hug and she looked up at him who was still in daze.

"Ah," and Hana realized what she just did. Her cheeks turned redder than Yoongi and she turned around to scold herself. What a rude attitude! Why did you hug him?? Hana mentally scold herself.

"I'm here to help Hoseok and Jimin. Wanna come?" Suga invited and he sounded calm. He showed a straight face too and Hana was a little embarrassed because Suga acted like nothing happened.

"O-okay," and it will always be Hana who was shy.

Suga turned around and secretly sighed in relief. Hana might think he was okay and all calm but only God knows how he held himself from hugging her back.

"Your mother must be displeased because of me," Suga suddenly spoke while they are on the way to the said stalls.

"No, she was displeased because of me," Hana grinned. "I skipped classes and went out without her permission." She continued.

"Yeah and I think I changed you." Suga turned around in sudden. Hana almost bumped on to his chest and she backed away with a thumping heart.

"What?" Hana was too focused to his wide chest that she couldn't really digest what he said before.

"I changed you Hana. I turned you into a bad girl. I made you skipped classes, going out secretly--" Suga frowned showing that he totally dislikes it and he dislikes it more when Hana cut him off.

"You are not changing me Yoon. It’s me who did. I chose to hang out with you and so I chose to skip the classes. About the other one, my parents weren't home and Summer knew I was going out. Every.time." Hana stood for her choice.

She was the one who made the decision to follow Suga's summer plan for her and it was her pure decision to be with him and his friends rather than attending summer classes.

"Don't you think that my friends and I are giving you bad influence? We were unschooled and everyone is looking at us now." Suga sighed and glanced to the people who were looking at him with an annoyed face.

A delinquent with colored hair, wearing earrings and heavy hand accessories, ripped jeans and boot. That was a total idea of what a bad boy will look like.

"Yoon stop. I thought we are done talking about education or what not? I told you it doesn't matter because I know you guys are nice friends. Education wasn't a base form in making friends." Hana can't understand why Suga brought up the topic yet again. It was so sudden.

"But educated people receive more respects right? Just looked at how they look at me Hana, their disgusting gaze were just like your mom." Suga said and turned around, walking away from Hana.

"Yo-"

Hana wanted to stop him from going but this time she failed. Someone held her arm from behind and Hana knows who.

"I thought I told you about that boy?" Her mother spoke through gritted teeth. She was mad. Hana made her mad.

 

-to be continued


 

ENJOY!

Please leave feedbacks after reading :)

Have a good day everyone!