Caught

Love at Sixteen

#14


Suga is in his room, calculating something while punching button on his calculator. After ppressing the equal button, he writes down the answer appeared. He then looked at his calendar before he actually taking it and flipping forward the months in the calendar.

He used the blue pen he held to tap on a certain date in December and nodded with a thinking face.

“I can make it, if we succeed tonight’s plan.” He talked to himself and his thoughts were disturbed by a knock on the door.

“A call for you,” Suga heard his mother’s voice speaking behind the door.

He closed his book marking it with the pen in between and he put all his thins in the upper drawer at his left and locked it before shuffling the key under the desk lamp.

After that, Suga stood up as he pushed the chair back causing the chair slightly move against the cement floor and producing a very shrieking sound. He himself closed one eyes with scrunching nose; totally disliking the sound. However, he managed to ignore the disturbing sound and proceed to the door, seeing a smiling lady in front of him.

“Thanks mum,” Suga kissed her cheek as gratitude for notifying him before he gets the phone at the living room. He was aware of the cable phone and he promised himself that one day, he will buy a wireless phone and a smartphone for his mother. He wanted to give everything to his mother, he wanted to make her happy.

“Hello,” finally, the call was answered.

“Hi, it’s me, Hana.” A soft voice spoke and it melts Suga’s heart immediately. This is not their first time being on the phone but every time they did, it never fails to flutter the hearts on each side of the line. Suga smiles widely.

“My favorite flower, how are you?” Hana blushed hearing that. She knew her name was also a pronounce to a flower but not a specific flower. But ever since Suga called her his favorite flower, Hana herself felt she is a special flower; a flower that has power to tame Suga’s heart.

“I’m fine as usual. You?” Hana replied after a brief of fluttering silence.

“Me too.” Suga smiled more. Hana then cleared .

“I forgot to ask you last night. Would you like to watch the fireworks with me?” Hana quickly asked before she forgot her main reason of calling Suga today. Her invitation puts Suga on silence. He remembers he had plan with s tonight.

“It will not be long, I mean, today is the last day of the festival and I think it would be really nice to watch fireworks together with you.” Hana sounded weak as she explained because she doesn’t want to sound desperate.

“I would love to but,” Suga sighed softly and he bit his lower lip, thinking what should he do. He wants to watch the firework with her too and confess to her but he could not postpone their plan for tonight. Tonight’s earn will be the key for his mother’s surgery next year.

“I’m really sorry Hana I have works to do tonight. But we can spend the evening together though.” Suga tried to persuade Hana.

“…Okay then. Seeing you alone is good enough.” Hana smiled at the end of the line.

“So see you this evening Hana,”

“See you,”

Click.

The call has ended. Suga sighed because Hana is not difficult to talk to. She was being understanding and considerate about him and his works, although she did not know what kind of works he did. How he wished she can understand him when she knew why he did this job; his job as a car thief.

 

“I have never heard of Hana. Is she your girlfriend?” Suga’s heart almost dropped when he heard his mother’s voice. Shoot. Did mum hear us? Suga turned around and his mother chuckled in amusement.

“Oh my god, you are blushing Min Yoongi.”

“Mum we—we are just friends.” For now. Suga continued the lasts sentence in is heart.

His mother just smiled. She knew they were more than just friends. She knew from the way Suga talked to Hana. He was so gentle and sweet. She would like to meet the lucky girl who stole her son’s heart.

“I want to meet her. Bring her for lunch some time.” Suga looked at his mother in disbelief. He then scanned his humble flat home. A small living room with small old TV and old couches, two bedrooms, a crowded kitchen, one bathroom and one small space near the kitchen to hang the laundries.

Hana is different. Suga is positive Hana is willing to step her foot in his small home sweet home because Hana herself is a humble person.

“I will,” Suga held his mother’s hands with a promising smile. I hope we can last long. He prayed, because if Hana left him, then she would not have the chance to meet his mother. If she didn’t, Suga absolutely will introduce Hana to his mother.

. . .

Suga waited for Hana at the entrance of the festival. He was leaning against the barrier with his right hand fingers touching a pink grey bracelet wrapped around his left wrist. Hana gifted it to him two days ago when she won a throw dart game. She was unexpectedly good and Suga was stunned by her hidden talent.

“Yoongi!” Hana waved her right hand excitedly. Suga can clearly see her bracelet that was exactly the same as his. Because the bracelet she won was a couple bracelet and was a limited pair handmade.

Hana wears a floral yukata and it looks super pretty on her. When she stood in front of him, Suga can see clearer how beautiful she is tonight. The orange silk clothes with flowers design really represent summer. Her hair was styled up with beautiful pearl ornament.

“Summer unnie helped me wearing this,” Hana spoke shyly because Suga won’t stop staring at her.

Suga nodded and he covered his mouth with the back of his hand as he complimented her. “You look beautiful.” Then he quickly cleared his throat and walked to the entrance of the festival while rubbing the back of his neck.

As usual, they will tour around the festival and play games that they haven’t tried yet. For a week, they had meet, tour around and tasted almost every food at the festival and they never get bored of it, because they are together. They tried everything new and create new sweet memories together including holding hands.

Hana shyly glanced to their intertwined fingers and she smiled happily at the sight. Suga was subtle in skinship but when it happened, Hana’s heart always exploded. She still remembers the first day of carnival when they first tour around together. There were massive crowd and she was left behind as Suga was ahead of her.

She still remembers the worried expression on Suga’s face when he turned around and found her missing. She was not beside him nor was near him. Hana saw him and tried calling him but she was drown by the sea of crowd. Just when she thought she already lost him, a manly hand suddenly grabbed her hand helped her escaped from the crowd.

“We really can’t get lost. It will be hard to find you since you’re short.” Suga grinned and Hana rolled her eyes. Way to ruin the good moments. Her heart beat rose real quick and stable down quick too.

“Just wait till I’m 18. I can bet that I’ll grow taller than you.” Hana shot back causing Suga to laugh.

Then they continued to tour together, hand in hand for the whole day. None of them mentioned about holding hands and keep it cool while their heart raced.

The next day and after, when Hana met Suga, he will automatically extend his hand to her and she will gladly accept it. They tour around with his friends and they got teased especially by Taekook but none of them withdrew their hands.

“There was Joy and Sungjae!” Suga pointed to the couple who shared Takoyaki together at a stall. The couple noticed them too and they gestured for Suga and Hana to come over.

Hana was happy to see Joy happy. And she was happier to see the same exact happiness expressed on Sungjae’s face. They are so prefect together.

“Okay got to go now.” Suga whispered to Hana while she was busy talking to Joy. Hana turned to him and he flashed small smile to her. Already?

“Please take care of Hana for me.” Suga requested to Joy and Sungjae before turning to Hana for last time.

“See you later,” he smiled before he ran.

Hana felt empty in sudden when he left. It was only one hour before the fireworks and she thought Suga could stay until then. She knew Suga had work to do but she still want to watch the fireworks show with him.

Hana watched his running back until he disappeared in within crowd then faced Joy and Sungjae again. The couple continues to chat happily and Hana was struck. There was something more than watching fireworks with Suga! She wanted to confess to him! Hana turned around once again and Suga was nowhere to see.

“No, I must tell him tonight.” She was restless so she ran to look for him. Joy’s and Sungjae’s call were ignored as she ran and ran till she don’t know where to search for him. He wasn’t found at Jimin’s and Hoseok’s stall neither. And both of them weren’t at their family stall as usual.

. . .

30 minutes and Hana was panting and sweating. She had searched around the festival but Suga cannot be found. Hana decided to round for a second time but she stopped midway when she saw someone odd, walking out from men’s toilet at the park.

The park was dark and quiet since there are no people around here because everyone gathers at the field watching band performance while waiting for fireworks show.

Hana furrowed her eyebrows when the person has unique appearance. He wears black beanie and a red bandana tied around his face to cover half of his face. He wears black bomber jacket fully zipped and was cautiously leaving the festival area.

A pickpocket?

The person’s oddness made Hana thought of that. A second later she was reminded to countless announcements made at the festival telling everyone to beware of pickpocket. She also remembers her mother’s frowning face when she received many reports about pickpocket.

“I guess I had found the criminal.” Hana is going to report to guards on duty but she got startled when the person suddenly ran and she automatically ran too! She can’t let him go!

Hana lost his trace the next minute. He was a fast runner. Hana thought as she scanned around to see lined closed shops and the quiet street. There was no one in town except her. Hana is suddenly scared. She was startled once again when she heard a yell tearing through the quiet night.

“Catch him!” She saw a couple of policemen with their torchlight were chasing someone and under the moonlight, she can tell that someone was the person she ran after too.

Without wasting time, Hana also ran to chase but she went to the opposite way. She was too familiar with the ways around the town since she came here everyday for classes. The town wasn’t huge and it was easy for her to recognize the road.

Based on the path he chose, Hana can predict where she can bump on him. Hana stumbled when her wooden sandal caused her difficulties in running but she ignored the pain. She smiled when she heard footsteps approaching from the corner of the alley and she stretched her right hand out.

“Gotcha!”

Hana’s victory smile ceased the moment her eyes met the person’s eyes. That clear tear drop eyes… the eyes were so clear that she can see her reflection in his eyes. And she looked dumbfounded.

POW! POW! POW!

Fireworks explode and its spark light up the dim alley. This time Hana can see clearer the person’s half face features. She was hoping to see someone else but it was just impossible because they looked the same!

The eyebrows, that pairs of tear drop eyes, the pale skin… was it really him?

“There!”

Their eyes staring broke when the man pushed her behind a wall before he ran. Hana froze with her eyes still didn’t blink. She felt something was in her right palm and when she opened the palm, her heart beat dropped.

 

This bracelet is his!

-to be continued


A/N:

Updated! Thank you for reading! <3