Getting Used To This

My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the waiting room, everything was a mess. Kids screaming, fighting, and just overall being… bad.

 

Not that I didn’t expect something similar to it, but being stuck at home for most of my life, not being able to interact with others, gave me very little knowledge as to how the world worked.

 

On the far right side of the room, a glass wall separated us from the waiting room that held the kids from the Good side.

 

While looking over I noticed that all of them were actually sitting in chairs, and instead of trying to rip each other’s throats, they were making conversation.  For a moment, as weird as the feeling was, I felt the need to go to that room. Even if the people in the room I was in were like me, I didn’t feel like I belonged. 

 

I couldn’t act like them, how was I supposed to fit in?

 

Before I had time to indulge in the subject, however, a loud voice boomed across the room

 

“Okay everyone, gather all your stuff and head towards the exit door. You will be handed an ID and you’ll need to keep track of that, it has the number of the bus you’ll be getting on when we get to Sector D as well as your dorm room number, and things of the like. It’ll be explained further when you get there, now move!”

 

Everyone gathered their things and made a decent enough line. Once we got our IDs we dropped off our luggage and headed towards the plane.

 

The seats inside were paired for two people. I sat down on a seat beside the window and began to make myself comfortable. Next to me, I saw a short, black-haired kid begin to place his things in a compartment above the seats. He then sat down next to me. 

 

Turning to face me he smiled and stretched out his hand. 

 

“Hi, I’m Kyungsoo, what's your name?” he asked.

 

“I’m Jongin, nice to meet you.” I shook his hand.

 

He smiled wider. “Okay, now that we’re done with introductions I’m gonna need you to switch seats with me because I want the seat next to the window” 

 

I frowned at him. “I got here first, I’m not moving.”

 

I saw his smile waver. “Okay, then we’ll do it the hard way.”

 

His hand shot up towards my head. He grabbed my hair and pulled me towards him. I had no time to react.

 

Bringing my ear down next to his mouth he spit his words out “Listen to me you little wimp, if you don’t move from that seat I will make sure to tear every single piece of hair you have on your pretty little head off. You don’t wanna mess with me kid, I may be short but you know what they say about short people. We’re the most dangerous cause we’re closer to hell...”

 

I never moved faster in my life.

 

After that little encounter, the rest of the plane ride was quite peaceful. Aside from, of course, the kids all around that wouldn't shut up. I understood they were excited, since none of us had ever been on a plane before, but wasn’t enjoying the ride also part of the journey?

 

Kyungsoo and I had begun to talk a bit more as we got further into the plane ride, but I was still scared of angering him and having him hurt me.

 

“When we get to Sector G I’m gonna need you to stay beside me,” he said.

 

I turned to him confused “Why?” I asked.

 

“Because it’s less likely for the other kids to pick on us if there’s more than one person around.” For the slightest second, I thought I saw a hint of fear in his eyes. 

 

So even a tough guy like Kyungsoo could get scared huh? That just served as more confirmation that I was screwed. 

 

Once we had arrived at Sector G, I noticed that there were not as many kids in the airport as there had been back at Sector D. I assumed that the other planes went to other regions of the Sector. They had gotten all of us together to do a headcount and then they separated us into groups. My group had around 500 kids and Kyungsoo had been one of them. 

 

A woman gathered all the kids in my group and she brought us to the bus that we would be taking to our sch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter