Bond

My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

    Jungkook and the guys had hit it off well. He has become more comfortable around us and he didn’t seem as nervous as he first was.

 

We all usually sat together during lunch. Jungkook’s friend wasn’t so happy about that though.

 

Taehyung had come up to me on several occasions to tell me to quit “Bothering Jungkook.” It wasn’t like I was gonna listen though. I had taken a liking to Jungkook. He was easy to talk to and he was a very comfortable person to be around.

 

And not only that but, he and I were similar and could relate in a way that wasn’t possible with the others.

 

One afternoon Jungkook and I were hanging out on the schoolyard. We skipped our last few classes and decided to just sit outside for a while, to just enjoy the nice weather.

 

“Jongin can I tell you something?”

 

I looked over at him. “Of course.”

 

I saw him fidget for a bit with his hands. He was nervous but I wanted him to be able to trust me. I put my hand on his forearm. “It’s ok to tell me anything, we’re friends”

 

Jungkook smiled and took a deep breath. “I have a secret that almost no one knows about. Only my parents, Taehyung, and a few kids that I lost contact with know”

 

I frowned about. “What is it?”

 

“Jongin I… I don’t have a twin” My eyes went wide at this.

 

He looked at my reaction and quickly covered his face with his hands. “I know I know. You think I’m a freak.”

 

“I-” He cut me off.

 

“Please don’t tell anyone. I used to get bullied back in Sector D because of it and I don’t want it to happen again.” I could see the desperation in his eyes.

 

“Don’t worry Jungkook, I won’t tell anyone”

 

He breathed out in relief.

 

“If you promise to not tell anyone that I don’t have a twin either.” Then it was his turn for his eyes to go wide.

 

“W-what??!” I broke out into a smile.

 

“You’re like me??” I nodded.

 

Jungkook stood up from the bench we were sitting on and smiled the biggest I’ve ever seen him.” He then hugged me.

 

For the rest of the day, Jungkook and I talked and talked for hours. He told me the things he’d experienced and I told him, mine.

 

I found out th4e reason why Taehyung was so protective of him was that he was trying to protect Jungkook. Taehyung was his only friend back in Sector D and every time anyone would try to hurt him Taehyung would be the one to stand up and help him.

 

I decided that we should talk to him. Maybe convince him that I wasn’t a threat.

 

Jungkook had also asked me about how I lived back in Sector D. I told him about how I was homeschooled and he seemed ecstatic. “That must have been so nice.” I laughed at that.

 

“It was nice I guess. But it was very lonely. I had my little brothers there, but my social circle didn’t expand further than that.”

 

“I have older brothers but we don’t really talk much…”

 

“Is one of your brothers here?”

 

“Yup. He’s two years older and his name is Namjoon.”

 

“Oh…” was all I could say. I quickly changed the subject not wanting to indulge in the topic of Namjoon. I was still bitter over the memory.

 

When we took notice of how long we’d been talking, we saw that it was nearing 11 at night. We quickly ran towards the dorms not wanting to be caught by the teachers.

 

By the time we got there, the lights were all off. We sneaked in and tried our best to not make noise, but of course, luck wasn't on our side.

 

Mr. Choi and another teacher were waiting for us in the lounge.

 

“We call roll and Kim Jongin and Jeon Jungkook both don’t respond. Ms. Son, please take your student and I’ll take mine.”

 

Jungkook hung his head l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter