Claiming My Place

My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

    The next couple of weeks were full of unexpected things happening to me. Daehyun had begun saying hi to me in the halls, which led to more people taking notice of my existence. The wimpy looking freshman was friends with the strong popular junior.

 

I both liked and feared the attention. The more people knew me the more danger I could be on, but it also came with the privileges of more people out of my way.

 

Since the incident in the cafeteria, not many people had approached me. I didn’t get shoved in the locker room anymore, I didn’t get picked on in the halls or in the classrooms. People had begun to back away from me.

 

It felt as if I help a certain kind of power in my hands. As if my presence alone was enough to overpower others.

 

My friends took notice of this and also took advantage of it. We were beginning to gain popularity.

 

One day after my first classes had ended I headed to the cafeteria. I often went with my friends but that day I had decided to go first and get seated since I was hungry.

 

When I walked into the cafeteria there weren’t many people there, kids were still making their way there from the classrooms.

 

I made my way towards the food bar and took my tray. On my way towards my usual lunch table, however, a kid was running and bumped into me. Looking down at my pants I saw that all my food had spilled on me. That didn’t make me happy. The kid gave me a half*ssed sorry not even looking up to meet my eyes.

 

As he was about to turn and keep walking I grabbed his shoulder and held him in place.

 

He turned to me with a questioning look and asked: “What do you want?”

 

“Do you see what you did?” I responded.

 

“I said sorry, let it go” he scoffed.

 

I laughed a little “Do you think sorry cuts it?!” I began getting annoyed.

 

“Then what do you want me to do?” he asked sarcastically

 

“Well how about you get o you pretty little knees and beg for forgiveness” I gritted out of my teeth.

 

The kid was about to talk back when I felt an arm around my shoulder. I turned to see that Daehyun had come up behind me.

 

“What are you waiting for? Don’t leave Jongin hanging here.” Said Daehyun.

 

“J-jo-jogin?!” the kid’s eyes went wide as realization began to settle. He quickly got on his knees and apologized. “I-I’m so sorry, I promise that it won’t happen again”

 

I smiled at this. I looked back down and my pants and said. “Give me your wallet”

 

“W-what?” he asked looking up at me.

 

“You wallet, quickly, I don’t have all the time in the world.”

 

His hands went in his pocket in the search of his wallet. Once he had it he handed it to me. I opened it to see that the kid had money. I pulled some out and waved it a bit.

 

“Whoaa would you look at this.”

 

I turned to look at him. “Do you work?”

 

“Y-yeah after school and sometimes on the weekends,” he responded.

 

I stuffed some of the money in my pocket and put some back in. “What’s your name?”

 

“J-jungkook” he looked down at his knees.

 

“Well Kookie, I think you just became my knew little minion” I smiled a little.

 

Jungkook's eyes went wide and he nodded.

 

“Stand up,” I said as I handed him his wallet back. “Now go eat” I patted his shoulder and began to walk away.

 

Beside me Daehyun laughed a little “I knew you’d be good at this”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter