The Other Me

My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

    ‘What have I just done?’ was the first thought that came to my mind after re-entering the cell.

 

Going over the events of the day I realized how stupid I’d been. I confronted one of the top gangs in the place and made fun of one of their members. The only consequence that registered in my head was death.

 

I snuck glances at both Seungri and Daesung. They were both smiling. I didn't know if something good had happened to them or if they were finding joy in knowing that I’d die soon and there’d be more room to lie around in our cell.

 

We went inside and I noticed that Lucy was still in the same spot as this morning. It didn’t seem like she moved much at all.

 

Once we were all in and the door was closed, Seungri turned to me. “You were pretty cool out there,” he said.

 

I didn’t feel cool now, that’s for sure. I felt like I’d been a different person out there. Like someone else had taken control for a few moments. Now I was me but it felt wrong.

 

Ever since I’d gotten to Sector D there’d be times I’d lose control. Sometimes it was for the better, most of the time, however, it was for the worse.

 

Yes that side of me had gotten me out of predators eyes. But it had also turned me into the predator.

 

At first, the thought seemed intriguing. Being able to have control over others made me feel like I was on top of everything that was happening. However thinking back on it, I was being and idiot.

 

That isn’t even the worst thing though. The thing that really got me was that I didn’t want to stop being an idiot.

 

As soon as I tried to suppress that side of me and became my ‘old self,’ I’d go back down the food chain.

 

The bullying and threats would return, I’d seem weak, my friends would have to protect me, and gosh I couldn’t even imagine what Jiwon would think of his older brother being treated like trash. He looked up to me I couldn’t let him down.

 

So I wouldn’t try to stop myself.

 

Even if it caused trouble, it also brought prote

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter