Happy Birthday...or is it?

My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

    I woke up early. It’s something that I NEVER willingly do on the weekends. However, that weekend wasn’t like any other. The day was Saturday, January 14th. My birthday.

 

Back at home, we didn’t celebrate my birthday. Well, we did for a period of time, but that changed.

 

When I was 5 my parents had organized a little get together at the house. They had invited the neighbors and the few friends I had from kindergarten. When the party started though the neighbors and a lot of people began asking where my twin was. My parents told them what happened and I received looks, they received looks.

 

After that, they took me out of kindergarten and began to homeschool me. I don’t remember ever celebrating my birthday at home after that.

 

However, that changed when I got to Sector G. The first year that we had gotten here I was in my room. Jimin and Jiwon had called to sing me happy birthday. Kyungsoo overheard since they were on speaker and he told the rest of the guys.

 

The guys went out to the town and bought cake and balloons and threw me a party in the dorms. That was the first time in years that someone has done something like that for me and it holds a special place in my heart.

 

Since then every year they would do something for me and I’d something for them. Every year we bonded closer and closer as a family.

 

That day I woke up a bit confused. Confused by the fact that I was the one to wake myself up and not being woken up. We had made it a tradition to wake each other up with cake and a song in our birthdays, so the change in routine threw me off a bit.

 

I decided to not make much of it and just make my way to the kitchen. Kyungsoo was making breakfast and most of the guys were there. Baekhyun was probably still sleeping.

 

I made my way towards the table and took a seat.

 

“Good morning,” I said.

 

“Morning” the guys replied in unison.

 

“Miracle seeing you up so early on a Saturday. What’s the occasion?” asks Kyungsoo as he flips a pancake.

 

“What do you mean what’s the occasion, you know the occasion.” I chuckled.

 

He looks at me and raises an eyebrow. “Did something good happen?”

 

I frown at this. Did he not remember? It’s one of his best friends’ birthdays.

 

“Nevermind if you don’t know…” I stood up.

 

“Where are you going?” asked Chanyeol.

 

“My room, I need to take a shower.”

 

“Ok,” he responded.

 

Did they all forget? Kyungsoo’s birthday had been two days ago and I sure as heck remembered that, so why didn’t he remember mine?

 

I threw myself on the bed.

 

Before I could drown myself in more thoughts. however, I received a phone call. I looked at the ID and saw that it was Jimin. I smiled and answered the phone.

 

As soon as the line connected my ear was assaulted. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONGIN HYUNG!!!”

 

I laughed as Jimin continued to sing out the entire happy birthday song. “Thank you so much Minnie, it means a lot”

 

“I’m I the first one?! Did I win this year??!”  he was screaming through the phone.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter