Prison

My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

    Two weeks passed by in a flash, way too fast for my liking. Sehun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae did end up coming to visit. Sehun didn’t speak much, Chanyeol kept trying to feed me hot fries, and Jongdae acted like nothing ever happened.

 

Jungkook had also come by. He talked to me about how things were at school and how he misses having me around. I felt good in his company.

 

Baek always brought my school work when he visited, and Kyungsoo brought food. He refused to let me eat any of the “coarse” hospital food, as he liked to call it.

 

During the weeks at the hospital also received visits from police officers. They explained to me that I was to serve four months for the illegal racing and betting, plus another five months for driving drunk. They didn’t take me to court because it was deemed unnecessary, and after the two weeks were up I was to be taken to jail.

 

I asked about the other people involved in the racing and if they’d be going to jail too.

 

However, they told me that in these kinds of situations, they only arrested one person. It was like a one for all kind of thing and seeing that I was unconscious and couldn’t defend myself, I was picked as the tribute.

 

When the two weeks were over the police came and took me. I was taken in an ambulance since it was still dangerous for me to walk.

 

Once we arrived at the prison I was taken to a room with other patients.

 

A doctor approached me then and told me that I’d be in the hospital for about three weeks, and then I’d be taken into a cell with other inmates. My ankle was pretty much healed but my ribs still needed some time to get better.

 

My time in that room went by slowly. The other patients didn't bother making conversation and it wasn’t like I wanted to talk to them either. I occasionally talked with the nurses but they were most often rude and only gave half-hearted one-word answers.

 

Once those torturous weeks were finally over, another nine months of misery began.

 

I was taken to my cell and found that I had four inmates. I was very surprised to see that two of them were girls. I sent them questioning looks as I entered the room.

 

They seemed to notice that I was confused.

 

“The government could care less about what happens inside a jail. So boys and girls are all mixed.” One of them said.

 

One of the guys stood up and made his way towards me. He extended his hand and said. “My name’s Seungri, nice to meet you.”

 

“Jongin.” I shook his hand.

 

“I’m Daesung,” said the other guy.

 

Then the girl that spoke before introduced herself. “My name’s Krista and that’s

Lucy. She doesn’t talk much, and I recommend you don’t get in  her way cause she’ll break your jaw.”

 

I nodded my head at that. I didn’t doubt that she could.

 

Seungri sat back down and instructed for me to do the same. “Let me explain how things work around here. The strongest you are the more you get to eat, the better blankets you get, and the fewer people get in your way. You’re a newbie here so you’ll probably get attacked as soon as we go out for outside time.”

 

“You seem very hurt tho so they probably won't go very hard on you.” Saids Daesung.

 

Krista spoke next. “What are you in for?”


 

“Illegal racing and betting, plus a few months for driving drunk.”

 

“Makes sense,” said Seungri. Your injuries look like they came from a motorcycle accident. There’s a group of guys here that are all in for that. You’ll probably get along well with them.”

 

I looked at all of them. “What are you guys in for?”

 

Seungri chuckled. “Daesung and I are in for gang activity. We got caught while doing some drug trafficking. Krista was born inside the jail with nowhere to go so they kept her here. As for Lucy, we don’t know and don’t plan on finding out.”

 

Desmond stood up and went to the back of the room. He grabbed a set of blankets and handed them to me. “You bed is that one,” he said while pointing at a bed that was near the door. “Make yourself comfortable. Food should be getting here in about an hour.”

 

I grabbed the blankets and made the bed. It didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter